Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.80
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.91
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.69
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.10
Gnomeo & Juliet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.60
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Cars 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.90
Jurassic Park Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.97
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.44
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays

Old 04-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2010
Default Need help getting started with my new 3D TV

I just finally bit the bullet and got myself a 3D TV.. a 3D 4K TV actually (since it's pretty difficult to find just-3D TVs lol, figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone). You'll probably notice my thread a few down where I'm lamenting on 3D essentially being "dead".

Anyway, this is the TV I ended up getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it's a bit pricy but seemed like a good deal.

Does anyone here have this model? I'm actually having trouble with the 3D. It's saying "feature not available", but I'm assuming that's because I don't have anything connected to it (yet). Would it just be a matter of hooking up a device that supports 3D (such as my PS3) and / or getting a pair of 3D glasses and pairing them to the TV?

Hate to ask, but the instructions included with the set really aren't very clear on how to actually get this going >__> Thanks!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2010

And.. if anyone has any recommendations for what 3D glasses I should get,
I would appreciate that too!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #3

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Does anyone here have this model? I'm actually having trouble with the 3D. It's saying "feature not available", but I'm assuming that's because I don't have anything connected to it (yet). Would it just be a matter of hooking up a device that supports 3D (such as my PS3) and / or getting a pair of 3D glasses and pairing them to the TV?
I don't have your set but I do have a 3D HDTV set. Yep, you need a 3D source such as your PS3. (I use a PS3, too) You need to have a 3D Blu-Ray. You need rated HDMI cables (I forget the standard). Google says your set uses Bluetooth 3D glasses, so you probably have to pair them to the HDTV. One other point, HDMI sometimes doesn't handshake properly. So you may need to vary the order which you turn on the devices. TV first then PS3 or PS3 first then TV ???

Also, are you running the signal through an A/V receiver ? The receiver MUST also be 3D compatible.

Others can probably give you more device specific info.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
I don't have your set but I do have a 3D HDTV set. Yep, you need a 3D source such as your PS3. (I use a PS3, too) You need to have a 3D Blu-Ray. You need rated HDMI cables (I forget the standard). Google says your set uses Bluetooth 3D glasses, so you probably have to pair them to the HDTV. One other point, HDMI sometimes doesn't handshake properly. So you may need to vary the order which you turn on the devices. TV first then PS3 or PS3 first then TV ???

Also, are you running the signal through an A/V receiver ? The receiver MUST also be 3D compatible.

Others can probably give you more device specific info.
Ok, thanks for the answer. As of right now it's just the TV, no surround system.. not even hooked up to cable lol.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
Special Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

Most cables nowadays should support 3D. I think the standard with 3D is HDMI 1.4 which is 7-8 years old now (the current cables are 2.0/2.1)

Most TVs will have a "Convert to 3D" mode. This isn't anywhere near as good as real 3D, but will at least let you check to see if it's working right. Typically when any content is displayed, there should be a button on the remote or in the settings to enable 3D conversion.

You'll also need special glasses for those TVs. The "RealD 3D" and cheap glasses will not work.. you need active (battery-powered ones) like these:
https://www.amazon.com/SONY-Compatib.../dp/B008CH0NFK

The glasses I like most (I had a Panasonic 3DTV with active glasses before getting the LG OLED with passive) are the "XPAND 3D" - they were a bit bigger and much more comfortable than the included ones:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xpand-re...?skuId=7005006
Check specifics to make sure those are compatible with your TV though. XPAND glasses are universal and should work with most types.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays