COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Shiki: Complete Series S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Earth & Space (Blu-ray)
$22.20

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #1101

Mar 2011
-

Yeah, I was in denial for a while about Frozen being part of the Diamond line (given that when the idea was first pitched, the film was only just out and a lot of the speculation felt like fan speculation and hype), but now that time has passed and it's obviously been Disney's biggest hit for many many years, I fully expect it to join the next "Diamond" line that comes along.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #1102
Power Member

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viiincent View Post
Same for me. I've been buying every single thing Disney has released from their theatrical animated feature cannon since Day 1 on Blu-ray, but I won't double-dip on them unless they make it worth it. And I mean, REALLY worth it. I'm not buying Sleeping Beauty again, the one I have is jam-packed with bonus features, it's a 2-disc set (3 if you count the bonus DVD) and the artwork is gorgeous. The only one I'm hoping they re-release as part of the next line, is Dinosaur, since it's the only one in the entire collection that doesn't have a slipcover. Everytime I look at it I'm bugged.
that's why i got a printed slip cover for mine. fits perfectly.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #1103
Power Member

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanz88 View Post
I thought that the Platinum/Diamond collection was selected based on their popularity/sales. Is this correct? If so, then Frozen surely has come and blown everything else out of the water, and it would not only make sense, but also be right, to add the movie to this collection.
Exactly. Disney will be making a buck out of Frozen for as long as they possibly can.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #1104
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
When The Lion King was released as a the 3rd Platinum edition title, it was only 9 years old. The Diamond line will end in 2016 after a 7 year run, and if Disney decides to continue selling their "classic" films on home media, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Frozen being a film that's put out of the vault in around 6-10 years.
Lion King's platinum edition marked the first time it was on DVD. I highly doubt Frozen becomes a Diamond Edition title, since it only just came out.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1
Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #1105

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
Lion King's platinum edition marked the first time it was on DVD. I highly doubt Frozen becomes a Diamond Edition title, since it only just came out.
But it wasn't it's first time on tape. Lion King had 2 or 3 successful tape releases, before it's platinum tape.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #1106

Apr 2014
479 via 318

I recently got tired of waiting, and just bit the bullet on the UK import for both Aladdin and 101 Dalmations since they are region free.

So unless the US Diamond editions are far and away better PQ & AQ wise (don't care about 3D at all and I rarely watch bonus features), I doubt I'll be opening up my wallet for these next year (or whenever they actually do release).
Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1107

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
When The Lion King was released as a the 3rd Platinum edition title, it was only 9 years old. The Diamond line will end in 2016 after a 7 year run, and if Disney decides to continue selling their "classic" films on home media, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Frozen being a film that's put out of the vault in around 6-10 years.
You have a good point. I wondering if they will still add it considering it's a CGI film. I also wonder if Tangled or The Princess Frog would make eventually make it into the collection. Although, I think Disney considered The Princess Frog as failure since it didn't as well as they expected. It did very well at the BO, but I guess not good enough. So, The Princess Frog probably won't make the list for that reason. I would surprised if Tangled didn't make the list... assuming they'll add more in the future.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #1108

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakkMajik3000 View Post
I recently got tired of waiting, and just bit the bullet on the UK import for both Aladdin and 101 Dalmations since they are region free.

So unless the US Diamond editions are far and away better PQ & AQ wise (don't care about 3D at all and I rarely watch bonus features), I doubt I'll be opening up my wallet for these next year (or whenever they actually do release).
I doubt the DE will have better picture than the import. The picture quality is already excellent on the import as is the sound quality. The DE would definitely have 7.1 sound, though... if that makes a difference.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #1109
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

While I personally would like to see Frozen added to the Diamond line, that status doesn't have much meaning anymore. The Diamond editions are so inconsistent that the only thing it guarantees is that it'll join the others in the vault.
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #1110

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
While I personally would like to see Frozen added to the Diamond line, that status doesn't have much meaning anymore. The Diamond editions are so inconsistent that the only thing it guarantees is that it'll join the others in the vault.
From the looks of it all of the revival era movies (except P&TF and Winnie the Pooh) are going in the vault. But your right it doesn't mean anything so who cares, honestly it would probably be best if they just stop the Vault program. With Netflix and the advent of these "Disney movies anywhere" things, it's pointless. The Diamond line is just a gimmick now. Unless they figure out how to fix those problems there, there's no point in it. And the Vault movies don't get any special treatment in restoration or really anything, just the distribution.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #1111
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Any rumors as to when Aladdin might be released?
Toronto Blue Jays 60-50
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #1112

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
Any rumors as to when Aladdin might be released?
Fall 2015 seems to be what we are looking at.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #1113
Special Member

Nov 2009
UK

What's left now?

Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians (both Diamonds or should be)
Black Cauldron (already restored from 2010 though)
2 double packs of those package features

It's all about done.

Time to go back and redo some of their mess up jobs now.
Wishlist Over the Hedge (Dreamworks), Lemony Snicket's (Paramount), Order of the Phoenix Extended Edition (Warner Brothers)

Sale Items Beauty and the Beast, Inception, Toy Story 3, District 9 & Karate Kid PM please :)
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #1114
Expert Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk_Tan View Post
What's left now?

Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians (both Diamonds or should be)
Black Cauldron (already restored from 2010 though)
2 double packs of those package features

It's all about done.

Time to go back and redo some of their mess up jobs now.
I want to see Aladdin and 101 get diamond releases, and a double feature with the two Aladdin sequels like how they paired the Little Mermaid sequels. The 101 sequel I could careless about.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #1115

Oct 2011

Man, I just hope all the extras don't fall off again on the way to Scandinavia
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM   #1116
Expert Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi666 View Post
Man, I just hope all the extras don't fall off again on the way to Scandinavia
Can see the extras from the Platinum Edition DVD of Aladdin making it over, were there more extras not on that release?
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #1117

Oct 2011
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
Can see the extras from the Platinum Edition DVD of Aladdin making it over, were there more extras not on that release?
I'm probably mistaken though. I know most of the Pixar titles apart from Toy Story got shafted in terms of bonus materials when they were released here, but as far as I remember, the Finnish BDs of Alice in Wonderland and The Lion King are identical to the US releases apart from the language options. The DVDs in the other hand...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America