COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Shiki: Complete Series S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Earth & Space (Blu-ray)
$22.20
Old 07-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #3721

Mar 2011
Orlando, FL
Send a message via AIM to travOtaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's got the Blu's View Post
I haven't tried to trade in a sealed copy in about two years but yeah the last time I tried it they told me I had to return the next day with it opened to trade it in. If you purchased it from them, opened it took out the UV code and immediately asked to trade it in they would probably accept it as the policy is intended to prevent one from trading in stolen merchandise and they would clearly know you didn't steal it.
I have traded in stuff I've just picked up for the UV code tons of times. It depends on the manager though because an old manager at my store used to make me bring it back the next day.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #3722
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by travOtaku View Post
I have traded in stuff I've just picked up for the UV code tons of times. It depends on the manager though because an old manager at my store used to make me bring it back the next day.
Billiam. Dude flagged me because I brought in sealed BDs the first time I saw him
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Yankees 54-49
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #3723

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's got the Blu's View Post
Usually new releases get you $14 credit, $15.40 with the Director Club card.
Noah was only trading back in for $12 on the big board in my MS. Dunno if that's regional or not.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #3724
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Seriously . Soon it will be $8
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Yankees 54-49
Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #3725

Feb 2009
Orlando FL area

Paramount titles always have low trade in values. I traded in Star Trek Into Darkness 3D and only got $5.xx for it a few months back.
And I thought my jokes were bad.
1st Blu-ray - Dan In Real Life (3/08)
100th- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (9/10)
200th- Oz: The Great and Powerful 3D (6/13)
300th- The Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy (12/13)
400th- American Hustle (3/14)

My Blu-ray Spending in 2014
Old 07-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #3726

Nov 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDan3 View Post
Noah was only trading back in for $12 on the big board in my MS. Dunno if that's regional or not.
Noah is $14 trade credit this week. $12 is for the DVD.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #3727
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

I'm taking an hour trip to my closest movie stop. I'm hoping to trade in my 10 Halloween series blu-rays, as well as Freddy vs. Jason and Friday the 13th remake blu-rays. Any idea if these will applicable for the trade 2 get select new release free promo?
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #3728
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

These all worked (with card) for Trade 2/Trade 3 deal:

Source Code
Kick-Ass
Winter's Bone
Total Recall (Mind-Bending Edition)
Sling Blade
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). Gun x Sword (Repackage). PM me.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #3729

Nov 2010
-

Hey you guys! Just want to say thanks to all of you, we're celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary Thanks for being AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
DB5 (Yesterday), K i r a (Yesterday), myaddow (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #3730
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTrent View Post
Hey you guys! Just want to say thanks to all of you, we're celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary Thanks for being AWESOME!
Happy 10th anniversary. Thanks to you, Kira, and everyone else that contributes to this thread.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #3731
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTrent View Post
Haha! Love the new avy!

Thanks again for hosting awesome deals! I can't think of anything other than a five finger discount that is better than the Trade 2 deal. Haha. Hope to see more titles added by September time!
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). Gun x Sword (Repackage). PM me.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #3732
Special Member

Jul 2010

I wish there were an easy way to know if the blus you wanted to trade were eligible for the trade 2/3 deal before going. But luckily it's not THAT far away from me.

Does anyone have real experience with trading in regular DVDS? Do some simply have no value? I'm guessing ones that they sell for 3.99 used will not get you much if you turn around and trade them back in to them?
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #3733
Special Member

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgat0 View Post
I wish there were an easy way to know if the blus you wanted to trade were eligible for the trade 2/3 deal before going. But luckily it's not THAT far away from me.

Does anyone have real experience with trading in regular DVDS? Do some simply have no value? I'm guessing ones that they sell for 3.99 used will not get you much if you turn around and trade them back in to them?
During the past month I've gone in twice for DVD trade ins. Some have no value, you'll get .17 cents, .30 cents, etc. Others you may get a little over $1 ($1.20 - $1.50). That's for movies. The DVD TV seasons will get you a few $ more, around $3-$5 per season, depending on what you're trading in of course.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #3734
Special Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
During the past month I've gone in twice for DVD trade ins. Some have no value, you'll get .17 cents, .30 cents, etc. Others you may get a little over $1 ($1.20 - $1.50). That's for movies. The DVD TV seasons will get you a few $ more, around $3-$5 per season, depending on what you're trading in of course.
Ok, for the most part "common" DVDS i think I'll just sell to my friend who wants to build his collection. He's usually good for about 3-5 bucks a title or make him a bulk deal that still averages out way more than any store could give me. I did do some of the trade 2 blu for free new release though. I was kind of surprised how well that worked out. But now i'm out of regular titles i'd want to do that for. The others I'd want either a steel or 3D release of what's offered.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #3735
Special Member

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgat0 View Post
Ok, for the most part "common" DVDS i think I'll just sell to my friend who wants to build his collection. He's usually good for about 3-5 bucks a title or make him a bulk deal that still averages out way more than any store could give me. I did do some of the trade 2 blu for free new release though. I was kind of surprised how well that worked out. But now i'm out of regular titles i'd want to do that for. The others I'd want either a steel or 3D release of what's offered.
My store is balls and they only do trade 3 get 1, regardless. Which is why after I go pick up Need for Speed, I may stop going for awhile. If they had trade 2 get 1 it'd be worth the drive for me as they are about 40 minutes away, more with traffic.

I should really contact MS's customer service see if they can contact the store to see wtf is going on wit them.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #3736
Special Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
My store is balls and they only do trade 3 get 1, regardless. Which is why after I go pick up Need for Speed, I may stop going for awhile. If they had trade 2 get 1 it'd be worth the drive for me as they are about 40 minutes away, more with traffic.

I should really contact MS's customer service see if they can contact the store to see wtf is going on wit them.
Yeah that's weird. My store actually gave me a couple different options too so i was able to do 2 for 1 on The Other Woman and Oculus. Need For Speed definitely was on the list but i really wasn't interested in that one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals