Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 03-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #1621
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Releasing
On 5/27, Scorpion Releasing, in conjunction with New Horizons, presents SCREAMERS on Blu-Ray and DVD! Here are the specs:

Brand New 16x9 (2.35:1) HD Master from the original IP

Interview with Joe Dante

Interview with Miller Drake

Interview with Jim Wynorski

Interview with Roger Corman

Interview with Clark Henderson

Screamers trailer

Something Waits in the Dark trailer

Behind the scenes Still Gallery from Miller Drake’s personal collection

sleeve will feature a reversible SOMETHING WAITS IN THE DARK front art so you can choose which one you prefer.

Blu-Ray MSRP is 29.95. DVD is 19.95.

[Show spoiler]
https://www.facebook.com/scorpionrel...&stream_ref=10

Last edited by zbinks; 03-01-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #1622
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
I watched Day Of The Animals on blu-ray last night and was completely blown away, especially after owning the Shriek Show DVD. Beautiful transfer of one of the most entertaining '70s "nature run amok" films. I can't recommend this disc enough, I fell in love with the movie all over again.
+1 the dvd was really poor...

I was amazed on how much better the blu ray delivered in both PQ and print used....
Old 03-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #1623
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

Amazon is price-gouging again so I went with Family Video for the DOGS Blu-ray. Did the same for THIRST. With UPS shipping the grand total was $45 and some change for both. I just signed up with FV so I have no idea how reliable they are but it sure felt good to save some money.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #1624
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Some news ( I dont know how to drag or drop a photo onto a page yet !!! )

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionrel...levant_count=1

On June 10th, in conjunction with New Horizons, Scorpion presents NIGHT OF THE COBRA WOMAN.

Special Features include

Brand New HD transfer (16x9, 1:78) from the original IP
Interview with star Marlene Clark
Original trailer

MSRP for the DVD is 19.95

Last edited by dsman71; 03-06-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #1625
Special Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Amazon is price-gouging again so I went with Family Video for the DOGS Blu-ray. Did the same for THIRST. With UPS shipping the grand total was $45 and some change for both. I just signed up with FV so I have no idea how reliable they are but it sure felt good to save some money.
How much was Dogs at FV? I ordered it from diabolikdvd.com for $19.99. The last couple SR titles at amazon have been so high.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #1626
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
how much was dogs at fv? I ordered it from diabolikdvd.com for $19.99. The last couple sr titles at amazon have been so high.
$16.99
Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #1627
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
how much was dogs at fv? I ordered it from diabolikdvd.com for $19.99. The last couple sr titles at amazon have been so high.
$16.99. Amazon wants $27.99 . If I was going to pay that much I'd rather give it directly to Scorpion.
Arrow Demons/Demons 2 steelbook F/S.
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 03-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #1628
Special Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
$16.99. Amazon wants $27.99 . If I was going to pay that much I'd rather give it directly to Scorpion.
WOW! Going to have to check out FV. There are some Scorpion titles I need as the amazon price is to high.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #1629

Jan 2012
Central MA

Quote:
I did the same.

Any idea what happened to ImportCDs?

Right before Christmas, I was ordering specialty label stuff from them almost exclusively. Then their prices jumped up.

I've been quite happy with Family Video so far, though.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #1630
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFini View Post
I did the same.

Any idea what happened to ImportCDs?

Right before Christmas, I was ordering specialty label stuff from them almost exclusively. Then their prices jumped up.

I've been quite happy with Family Video so far, though.

Last I heard Importcds was moving to new digs. That still doesn't excuse their price hikes and lousy service . Actually, they always had lousy service
I haven't bought anything from them since December, though, so I don't know what's happening with them right now. I just signed up with Family Video - so far they seem to be having issues with having stock. Are they just not that big of a company?
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #1631

Apr 2013

I just received Dogs yesterday, and after a quick scan of the movie, in my opinion, the PQ looks great. I'm continually impressed with Scorpion's work on their BD. I've never been disappointed in buying a Scorpion BD. I own all of their horror movies; I can't wait until The House on Sorority Row comes out.
My Most Wanted Blu Ray announcements: 1) Dolls N.A. Release 2) Superstition 3) Blood Rage 4) Sleepaway Camp 2 5) The Prey 6) Blood Beach 7) The Mutilator 8) Madman 9) Silent Madness 10) Alone in the Dark-1982 11) The Legend of Boggy Creek 12) Funeral Home 13) Next of Kin 1982 14) Savage Weekend 15) Hell Night
*List not in ordinal rank
Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #1632
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Releasing FB
Here is our BluRay cover for SORCERESS, this was going to be the first title I was going to release from my Roger Croman line, but I wanted to do some more additional work on it, as it is a very nicely shot film. Tenative date is mid July.

The extras are

Brand New HD master (1:78) 16x9 of the longer 83min version

Interview with John Carl Beuchler

Interview with Jim Wynorski

Interview with Clark Henderson

Original Trailer

MSRP for the BluRay is 29.95
MSRP for DVD is 19.95

more detail to follow once we have a concrete street date.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #1633
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Whoa, a winged lion, dude! I always enjoy the cover art for fantasy films of that era. Having just sat through Dogs, I must say it was pretty goofy/silly, but another nice transfer from a company that has been commendably consistent in their work.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #1634
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Whoa, a winged lion, dude! I always enjoy the cover art for fantasy films of that era. Having just sat through Dogs, I must say it was pretty goofy/silly, but another nice transfer from a company that has been commendably consistent in their work.
You act like a winged lion is something new. Have you never watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from our friends at Rankin Bass?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #1635

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

I gotta throw in my praise for Scorpions work on Dogs as well. I watched the film for the first time last night and throughly enjoyed it for the low budget affair that it was.....not a dull moment in the entire film for me. Transfer was quite good, which I have come to expect from Scorpion and the extras were a nice addition. My only issue with the release and others from Scorpion is I wish there were subtitles....just for convience sake and late night watching....but its not a huge issue.

For those that have seen the film, I got a good laugh out of the scene with Howard the fat kid in the kitchen when he is being surrounded by the dogs....you can actually see the indecision and thought weighing going on in his thick head as he considers whether the pack of cinnamon buns is worth sacrificing in order to keep his life!
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #1636

Feb 2013

Since Scorpion is doing Corman stuff that was never released before, I'd love to see them release Blus for rare action stuff like Cocaine Wars, Silk, Hour of the Assassin, Saigon Commandos, Spyder, and Sweet Revenge.

And even Wizards of the Lost Kingdom.
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 03-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #1637
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

So, my first experience with Family Video hasn't been entirely positive. I grew frustrated with one particular title's backordered status so I emailed them for an update. I told them the title is in stock everywhere else and asked to cancel if they were unable to ship within a certain timeframe, not actually expecting them to do so. They emailed back a day later to tell me they were cancelling. All I really wanted was an update or maybe a brief explanation. Their prices are nice but the tradeoff isn't worth it IMO.

Also, my copy of DOGS was shipped in a very tight envelope so the plastic on the case was wrinked badly. It didn't help that it was an eco case so there are creases on the sleeve. Grr
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 03-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #1638

Jan 2012

Quote:
I told them the title is in stock everywhere else and asked to cancel if they were unable to ship within a certain timeframe, not actually expecting them to do so. They emailed back a day later to tell me they were cancelling. All I really wanted was an update or maybe a brief explanation.
They did what you asked and you are not happy? Why "threaten" them if you didn't mean it?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #1639
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Since Scorpion is doing Corman stuff that was never released before, I'd love to see them release Blus for rare action stuff like Cocaine Wars, Silk, Hour of the Assassin, Saigon Commandos, Spyder, and Sweet Revenge.

And even Wizards of the Lost Kingdom.
Oh man, a Silk / Silk 2 double feature would be amazing!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #1640
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
So, my first experience with Family Video hasn't been entirely positive. I grew frustrated with one particular title's backordered status so I emailed them for an update. I told them the title is in stock everywhere else and asked to cancel if they were unable to ship within a certain timeframe, not actually expecting them to do so. They emailed back a day later to tell me they were cancelling. All I really wanted was an update or maybe a brief explanation. Their prices are nice but the tradeoff isn't worth it IMO.

Also, my copy of DOGS was shipped in a very tight envelope so the plastic on the case was wrinked badly. It didn't help that it was an eco case so there are creases on the sleeve. Grr
they suck! I used them once and picked titles that were listed as instock. The next day I check my order and it's backordered. I called and they said that there system "updates" at the end of each day so what you see instock may not be accurate. They also charged my card in full for titles that were out of stock for "up to 30 days". Never again.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
final exam, releasing, scorpion, scorpion releasing