COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
$13.89
A-Channel: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #141

Jul 2011
Marshalltown, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Anyway, wasn't the station headed towards Earth? So wouldn't anyone leaving the station have the same trajectory? But I agree, I was entertained, and didn't waste my time worrying about things like that.
I tend to never worry about crap like that, it's a film for entertainment, not some dull as smeg film/video that one would be forced to watch in school.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #142
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_from_da_80s View Post
I liked this movie. I wouldn't buy it but I've seen it 2x on Netflix.
This is me. Enjoyable, but not worth buying for me. Definitely some similarities to EFNY, but was still a fun ride.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #143

Aug 2011
Stem, NC

It was worth the roughly 5 Bucks I paid for it used. Easily.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #144

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Are you sure?

Did you compare it to the list of changes in the link below? I believe Canada got the PG-13 rating or in Canada PG-14. Which it clearly lists on the back. Not Unrated. The length of the film is the same but it appears to have been censored in Canada for some odd reason.

Please view the comparisons below and confirm for certain, thanks!

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=275377
Forgot about this thread, but yes, I can confirm just in the first 2 minutes or so of the movie that the Canadian release has all of the Unrated scenes right from the get go. The first seen where guy shoots the other guy and it shows the blood stain on the wall and everything. I watched it when I first got it while I had the Movie Censorship page open to compare scenes. All seemed to be the Unrated cut. Its rated 14A on the back for Brutal Violence, Language May Offend and Not Recommended For Children. It doesn't give the option on the disc main menu to choose between a theatrical or unrated cut...Only seems to have the Unrated cut on disc. Alliance Films/Canada must be less strict when it comes to movie ratings? lol

Edit: Also, heres a little fun fact. On the back of TED Unrated Bluray it is also rated 14A, but on the discs it shows an R rating. I work at a video store and argue with kids under 14 who wanna rent TED every day it seems because I know the artwork may say 14A, but the discs say R, which i wont rent to kids under 17 lol

Last edited by FoulMouff; 06-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #145

Jul 2011
Marshalltown, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulMouff View Post
Edit: Also, heres a little fun fact. On the back of TED Unrated Bluray it is also rated 14A, but on the discs it shows an R rating. I work at a video store and argue with kids under 14 who wanna rent TED every day it seems because I know the artwork may say 14A, but the discs say R, which i wont rent to kids under 17 lol
That's why I'm grateful my mother had it set up to where I could rent R-rated/unrated films or M-rated games from the get-go. I would have gone nuts not being able to watch anything really good until 2003, luckily she knew that I knew what my own personal limits were after a certain age period.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #146
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Florida Steelbooks:>>>>>> 34 Digibooks: >>>>>> 6

Was this movie really any good? i never saw it and was thinking of picking it up
( The Last Samurai ) There is life in every breath... That is, Bushido
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #147

Sep 2011

I wouldn't say "good", but it's fun. The sets and backgrounds are so cheap that it really can take you out of the film at times. It's like Syfy channel bad. But Guy Pearce does a sort of Robert Downey Jr impression and is funny in the movie. I liked him and his character more than anything.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #148
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagysaudio View Post
Facepalm to all of these comments. Stark? Escape suits? B movies?

First of all, a B movie doesn't have to be stupid, most aren't. Second, Stark went straight up into space, so of course he would come down and be fine so long as his suit had no leaks. And what do escape suits have to do with anything?

Do you guys realise a simple kindergarten physics fact, that if you step out of an orbiting spacecraft, you will orbit the Earth along with it. Not fall down to Earth!

Everyone in production should be ashamed of themselves.
Are you kidding me? Out of all the movies out there that defy the laws of physics, and God knows more than half of them do, THIS is the film you want to nit-pick?

Also, don't try to argue or compare a sci-fi action film to a comic book film and be realistic about it...it'll just make you look silly.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #149
Special Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagysaudio View Post
Got to be one of the dumbest movies ever made. Can anyone tell me how is it possible to jump out of a space station in ORBIT and fall down to Earth? Everyone involved with this movie is braindead.
It was explained in the film
[Show spoiler]These were not space suits, they were escape suits designed to protect from heat during reentry (I doubt such tech actually exists today)Also, the space station was falling out of orbit & was going to crash into the earth due to the execution of staff who no longer could make orbital corrections to keep it in orbit. Also explained in the film. All our satellites & space stations will eventually crash into the earth.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America