Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$154.15
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Garfield 1 & 2: Fat Cat Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$9.98
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #201
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

Rosario definitely in CLERKS III
"Even as he puts the finishing touches on Tusk, Kevin Smith is getting the pieces together for Clerks III. Rosario Dawson is set to reprise her role as Becky, who was introduced in Clerks II as a love interest to Dante (Brian O’Halloran).

The actress revealed her involvement in a recent interview. “[Smith] just confirmed that I’m in it!” she said. However, she seemed uncertain of the project’s timing, admitting that she didn’t know whether it’d shoot in May or be released in November, as previously planned. " /film

Buy/Sale/Trade
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=13688
New UV codes for sale or trade :Have:Anchorman 2/ wolf of wall street / Nebraska/ Mandela/ Homefront UV/ Oldboy SD UV from DVD/ Gravity/Riddick/DIANA (vudu)/Machete 2/Fruitvale Station
Want:Diary of a Wimpy kid uv/ Far and away uv
Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #202
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

That's great news!
I still can't hear the Jackson Five's "ABC" without picturing that rooftop dance!

The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
My Letterboxd Page - Make yours and follow mine!

Last edited by cinemaphile; 01-24-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #203
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

^^^ Same here.
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #204
Special Member

Oct 2010
Ontario, Canada

I hope they release a box set with all the movies related to Jay and Silent Bob (View Askewniverse) with Mallrats when Clerks 3 hit Theater or the Blu-ray market.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #205
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
I hope they release a box set with all the movies related to Jay and Silent Bob (View Askewniverse) with Mallrats when Clerks 3 hit Theater or the Blu-ray market.
All in one set won't happen. Too many different studios involved. Mallrats=Universal, Dogma=Sony, Chasing Amy/Clerks/Jay & Bob=Miramax...
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #206
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
All in one set won't happen. Too many different studios involved. Mallrats=Universal, Dogma=Sony, Chasing Amy/Clerks/Jay & Bob=Miramax...
There is a three pack I saw though. It has Jay and Silent/Chasing Amy and Clerks.

Saw FYE was selling a brand new copy a while ago for $9.99 I think it was the Canadian release. Probably was it was so cheap.
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #207

Aug 2013
Michigan, USA

Quote:

Kevin Smith has talked about the possibility of impending retirement from feature film directing, but that isn’t how things are going down. Instead, Smith seems to be moving into his most fertile period yet. When Red State bowed in 2011 Smith said he would follow it with his final film, the hockey story Hit Somebody. That mutated into a (possible) television series, and Smith had Clerks III on his plate, before announcing the strange horror film Tusk. That was announced this past fall and shot in November, with a bit of work still to do in January.

Indeed, Smith seems to have new directorial vigor, at least when it comes to getting things written and shot. Clerks III remains on the horizon — Smith says a May 2014 shoot window is open — but now there’s another project.

Helena Handbag will be written by Smith based on a a Smodcast story by he and longtime producer Scott Mosier. What’s the tale? In Smith’s own words, “mankind teaming up with Hell to save existence from extinction at the hands of a Rapturing giant Jesus.

Smith has a huge Facebook post explaining his current mindset with respect to writing and directing films. The essence is that he only wants to spend energy on films that are uniquely his, and that he has enough financial stability to only make a movie when he’s got something that fits the bill. In a comment replying to a fan about Jersey Girl, Smith said “From now on, I’m only gonna make it if it’s never been made before.”

While we’ve seen a Rapture movie or two, we definitely haven’t seen one that fits the description above. While Smith says this will have to be a pretty low-budget affair (“because NOBODY’S gonna wanna make that movie”) he’ll still probably manage to recruit a recognizable talent or two.

The post explains that this comes out of the 52nd SModcast episode, from a story originally called The (C)Rapture. The new title is also explained a bit, as something that is related to the plot and also a bit vague about what’s in the film.

There’s no stated window in which Smith will make Helena Handbag, but it will likely be after Clerks III shoots. [via The Wrap]
Wow! source

Haven't listened to that episode of SModcast yet (I'm much more of a TESD guy), but I'll definitely have to check it out now. I wonder if this will even get made. Either way, kiss that retirement goodbye for sure now.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #208
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape_jelly View Post
Wow! source

Haven't listened to that episode of SModcast yet (I'm much more of a TESD guy), but I'll definitely have to check it out now. I wonder if this will even get made. Either way, kiss that retirement goodbye for sure now.
already a Helena Handbag thread from last month:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=234150

and I still hope he changes the title. The pun gets old about 3 seconds after you first hear it.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #209

Aug 2013
Michigan, USA

Quote:
already a Helena Handbag thread from last month:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=234150

and I still hope he changes the title. The pun gets old about 3 seconds after you first hear it.
Oops! Thanks for the link.

Either way, yeah I agree. Doesn't seem very marketable either.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #210
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Very possible. Look at the Tarantino XX Collection.
Lionsgate had the most and released it, which would likely be the case for Askewniverse, as they own Clerks, Amy, and Strike Back.
Universal contributed a title. They own Mallrats.
Weinstein Company included a title. They own Clerks II.
Sony is willing to licence out any title on the condition that no new features are produced, which is fine as Dogma is stacked.

For extras exclusive to the set? Lionsgate has Vulgar, include that, being a spin-off of Clerks. MYbe throw in the animated series as well.

Last edited by demonknight; 01-27-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #211
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Kevin Smith Updates on 'Clerks III' and 'Comes the Krumpus' During AMA:

Quote:
I like the idea of growing old with Dante and Randal, and stopping into from time to time to check on them. Love working with Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson, but Dante and Randal are my boys. They lifted me up to where I am today, that pair of fictional clerks. So I like to honor them by not letting them be forgotten. And checking in on them for CLERKS III will be that.
But on the subject of CLERKS III, recently, I've had a big come-to-Jesus conversation with myself about my immediate future.

Last year, I turned a podcast into the best movie I've ever made. We call it TUSK: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ks-tusk-639293

This was fun and crazy creative. But more importantly? It had the benefit of never having been tried before: the first movie based on a podcast. Shit like that tickles the shit out of me: I like being first through the door. It was bold, in a not-really-bold-compared-to-folks-who-serve-in-the-armed-forces kinda way. It was me taking nearly 7 years of podcasting and saying "Hey - some of these might actually work as movies..."

So now that TUSK is nearly done (we still have our Guy Lapointe scenes to shoot this month), the idea was to gear up for CLERKS III. But then I started thinking "Isn't that stepping backwards? Like literally?" While I love it with all of my heart, CLERKS is my past. It's how I got started. And I'm just getting started again, after taking 3 years off, certain I was done making movies. TUSK represents something bold and new. No matter how bold I make it, CLERKS III will always have a number in the title. It will never be new. It will rock, I assure you, and it will be a worthy final installment in my mini-mart magnum opus. But it's predicated on something I did a long time ago. I wanna keep moving forward. SModcast Pictures is becoming exactly that: we're starting to make movies based on podcasts. TUSK was the first, and now COMES THE KRAMPUS will be next: http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=1075
Now, at this point in time, nobody but me can make a CLERKS film. But ANYONE can make a Krampus picture. So before anyone else does, I figured it's time to keep moving forward: we're gonna shoot COMES THE KRAMPUS in April, before CLERKS III.

We've got a 20 day schedule and an under-3 million budget, and lots of folks returning from TUSK as well as other flicks I've done. Gonna be a SModCo CREEPSHOW, set at Christmas. And if we stay on schedule, by the time we start, it will have been only 4 months since the initial conversational whimsy about it on the EDUMACATION podcast, right before Christmas. That's a real fuel to my fire now: taking weird ideas from podcast to film as quickly as possible, before anyone realizes they're dumb ideas and they have time to fall apart.

CLERKS III is still coming. I love the script so much, I'll make it happen, I promise. But the muse (and the Mewes) is pulling me away from something old for the moment and pulling me toward something new. And when the muse whispers, I listen. When the Mewes whispers, it's just kinda creepy. And he spells shit wrong - even though he's just whispering and not writing.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #212
Power Member

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

That man has such an ego.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #213
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman15317 View Post
That man has such an ego.
Ego? Why? He's honest about wanting to make new things without relying too much on the past. I can't blame him. I don't see any ego at all in what he said above.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 02-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #214
Power Member

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

He's calling himself bold and awesome and such. I'm a fan, don't get me wrong, but over the last 5 years his ego has grown and the quality of his work has diminished.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #215
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

I hope that he does another Jay and Bob movie without a number, or at least a Chasing Amy style cameo at some point. A guy can dream, can't he?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies