Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Continuum: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Da Vinci's Demons: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Grindhouse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$30.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #1601
ZeroY0DA ZeroY0DA is offline
Member
 
ZeroY0DA's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Denmark
382
6
Default Super 8 Wal-mart exclusive

Any help on where to get the single disc version for international buyers? can't find it on ebay and Amazon only have it used.
The road goes ever on...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #1602
Tech-UK Tech-UK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Tech-UK's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
UK
81
369
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroY0DA View Post
Any help on where to get the single disc version for international buyers? can't find it on ebay and Amazon only have it used.
Unless someone on this forum can help you obtain a copy, eBay is your best bet. Keep checking eBay for any listed.

Finding a new/sealed copy will be quiet hard to come by. You will have to settle with a used copy from eBay or amazon.

I got my copy off eBay, used but in like new condition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #1603
quickdraw quickdraw is online now
Special Member
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northern California
386
5
1
Default

Believe it or not, I've seen them pop up from time to time in the Walmart bins.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #1604
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Believe it or not, I've seen them pop up from time to time in the Walmart bins.
Those guys live in Europe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #1605
lifepawn lifepawn is offline
Active Member
 
lifepawn's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
298
Default

The Walmart website lists the exclusive version as having commentary and features, but people here are saying its movie-only. Is the website wrong or did they change it?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-8-Bl...creen/17688693
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #1606
Tech-UK Tech-UK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Tech-UK's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
UK
81
369
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepawn View Post
The Walmart website lists the exclusive version as having commentary and features, but people here are saying its movie-only. Is the website wrong or did they change it?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-8-Bl...creen/17688693
Its movie only.

No com or features.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
lifepawn (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #1607
Tech-UK Tech-UK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Tech-UK's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
UK
81
369
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Believe it or not, I've seen them pop up from time to time in the Walmart bins.
Perhaps you could help ZeroY0DA out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Those guys live in Europe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #1608
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2012
Colorado
300
17
Default

The problem I had with Super 8, which made it a somewhat lesser film in my estimation, is that J.J. clung far too closely to modern Spielberg sensibilities.

The movie has a dark, gritty undertone and the creature is pretty scarey and violent... up until the very last act. It then inexplicably shifts gears and almost becomes a totally different film with a completely different tone. And the ending takes an unnecessary 180 into happy E.T. land. I love E.T., but that ending fit with that movie, not so here.

If J.J. had stuck to his guns throughout and not ended on a "Spielberg's War of the Worlds" with a tacked on "happy ending" that did not fit the movie at all, I might have put Super 8 up there with certain other 80's classics.

And the train wreck did nothing for me since it came across as far too CGI with every bit of wreckage landing precisely where the kids were not. No realism or feeling of danger. I liked The Fugitive's train wreck precisely because it was an in-camera effect with a real train.

Last edited by FilmFreakosaurus; 12-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #1609
quickdraw quickdraw is online now
Special Member
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northern California
386
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
Perhaps you could help ZeroY0DA out.



I try to avoid Walmart this time of year for obvious reasons (to us in the states), but the next time I feel brave enough to go in, I'll check it out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #1610
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
The problem I had with Super 8, which made it a somewhat lesser film in my estimation, is that J.J. clung far too closely to modern Spielberg sensibilities.

Almost as if the film was Executive Produced by Steven Speilberg himself...

Quote:
And the train wreck did nothing for me since it came across as far too CGI with every bit of wreckage landing precisely where the kids were not. No realism or feeling of danger. I liked The Fugitive's train wreck precisely because it was an in-camera effect with a real train.

The Fugitive was a "simple" wreck and derailment. Super 8's crash was nothing of the sort, each car had to derail and land in a certain area. Difficult to do even in miniature. I thought the CG by ILM was excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GenPion (12-11-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #1611
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2012
Colorado
300
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Almost as if the film was Executive Produced by Steven Speilberg himself...




The Fugitive was a "simple" wreck and derailment. Super 8's crash was nothing of the sort, each car had to derail and land in a certain area. Difficult to do even in miniature. I thought the CG by ILM was excellent.
I'll take simple, practical in-camera effects and realism over bombastic, physics be damned, unrealistic CGI sequences any day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #1612
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
I'll take simple, practical in-camera effects and realism over bombastic, physics be damned, unrealistic CGI sequences any day.

So you want a real train crash that lets loose a real monster. OK then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #1613
frankiek3 frankiek3 is offline
Member
 
Feb 2013
721
18
Default

I got this from Amazon at $4.99, but received a different version (it was also damaged under the plastic wrap) No slip-cover. Anyone else get this version?

Like this one (but didn't have upside-down cover art in the case):
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-55W900a
Blu-ray: PS3
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:06 AM   #1614
r9800pro r9800pro is offline
Active Member
 
r9800pro's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
218
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiek3 View Post
I got this from Amazon at $4.99, but received a different version (it was also damaged under the plastic wrap) No slip-cover. Anyone else get this version?

Like this one (but didn't have upside-down cover art in the case):
I got mine from Amazon and it is indeed exactly like yours but no damage. I actually liked that cover art way more than the one shown on Amazon.

Did your Digital Copy code work?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:30 AM   #1615
Grim Reaper Grim Reaper is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania
1107
7
Default

Will this get a 4k remaster?
Posts: 14,500 2/24/2015 Tues.
360/X-Box One: CMaggotbone
PS3/PS4: GrimReaper4383 PSN Level: 29 2/21/15
Trophy 7,100 2/10/15 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 6 Games (5 PS4, 1 Xbone)
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
FaceBook My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles
My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #1616
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Will this get a 4k remaster?
The DI was finished in 2K, so prolly not.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 PM.