Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$98.54
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 AM   #121

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington View Post
Family Video has all 3 for $16.99 each; shipping is $1.99 total, but they often have free shipping codes and sometimes a $5 off $50 (which would be perfect in this instance):

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=432129

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=432463
(Patrick listed as DVD, but think that's just a listing mistake)

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...ucts_id=432131
Thanks for the link. I got them preordered at Amazon now hoping for a price drop before release, but Im gonna put in an order at FamilyVideo tomorrow....they have the price Im willing to pay.
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #122
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
Thanks for the link. I got them preordered at Amazon now hoping for a price drop before release, but Im gonna put in an order at FamilyVideo tomorrow....they have the price Im willing to pay.
Amazon is pretty much out for me as far as pre-orders and newer releases are concerned. The prices are far too high. I only shop with them for used Blu Rays and DVDs now. That site just continues to slide downhill.
They Live. We Sleep.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #123
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
I ordered all three last night from Family Video and I got an email saying they are on back order. How is that even possible if they don't come out until March 11?!
I just received a shipping notice for Thirst and Strange Behavior, but Patrick is still listed as 'back-ordered'. Confusingly, Slumber Party Massacre is 'coming soon'.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #124
Special Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
I just received a shipping notice for Thirst and Strange Behavior, but Patrick is still listed as 'back-ordered'. Confusingly, Slumber Party Massacre is 'coming soon'.
I got a shipping notice for Thirst. Strange Behavior and Patrick were back-ordered. Family Video is a bit screwy, but the discs seem to get here eventually. Sometimes they arrived damaged due to shoddy packaging. It's the price you pay for reasonable prices, I guess.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #125

Oct 2012
Maryland

Patrick has been pushed back to 3/25
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

I'm honestly relieved, I have a lot of releases on my plate at the moment.
And I need some wiggle room for others.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #127
Power Member

Mar 2010
USA

The new HD transfers of AXE & KIDNAPPED COED will screen at the Cinedelphia Film Festival in Philadelphia on April 13 next month. Tickets on sale now. http://www.cinedelphiafilmfestival.c...idnapped-coed/
Old 03-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #128

Apr 2013

Which movie is better Thirst or Patrick? I only have enough money to buy one of these releases this month, and was wondering which to buy.
My Most Wanted Blu Ray announcements: 1) Dolls N.A. Release 2) Superstition 3) Blood Rage 4) Sleepaway Camp 2 5) The Prey 6) Blood Beach 7) The Mutilator 8) Madman 9) Silent Madness 10) Alone in the Dark-1982 11) The Legend of Boggy Creek 12) Funeral Home 13) Next of Kin 1982 14) Savage Weekend 15) Hell Night
*List not in ordinal rank
Old 03-08-2014, 01:38 AM   #129
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp_Crystal_Lake View Post
Which movie is better Thirst or Patrick? I only have enough money to buy one of these releases this month, and was wondering which to buy.
I'd say Patrick. Thirst has an interesting concept but I didn't think it came together cohesively. Patrick, on the other hand, held me rapt throughout. Don't forget Dead Kids/Strange Behavior! I'd rank that above Thirst as well. Not that Thirst isn't worth looking into, it's just that the other two are really strong.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:00 AM   #130

Apr 2013

Quote:
I'd say Patrick. Thirst has an interesting concept but I didn't think it came together cohesively. Patrick, on the other hand, held me rapt throughout. Don't forget Dead Kids/Strange Behavior! I'd rank that above Thirst as well. Not that Thirst isn't worth looking into, it's just that the other two are really strong.
Thanks for your input!

I have budgeted for four releases a month this year, and for this month I have bought Dead Kids, Dogs, and Slumber Party Massacre. Thirst or Patrick was going to round out my purchases for this month. I was leaning towards Patrick, and your input has solidified my choice.

Also, bought the Trick or Treat German release, but that was in my Feb. budget of 4 films.
My Most Wanted Blu Ray announcements: 1) Dolls N.A. Release 2) Superstition 3) Blood Rage 4) Sleepaway Camp 2 5) The Prey 6) Blood Beach 7) The Mutilator 8) Madman 9) Silent Madness 10) Alone in the Dark-1982 11) The Legend of Boggy Creek 12) Funeral Home 13) Next of Kin 1982 14) Savage Weekend 15) Hell Night

Last edited by Camp_Crystal_Lake; 03-08-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:12 AM   #131
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braktastic View Post
Family Video is a bit screwy, but the discs seem to get here eventually.
Their shipping is really fast, at least this time around. I placed my order Monday, the in-stock items shipped Tuesday, and they arrived on Thursday. As Thirst and Strange Behavior shipped yesterday, perhaps they'll even arrive tomorrow. In any case, they'll certainly arrive by release date, which was never the case with Import CDs (once they stopped early deliveries). Their DHL madness sometimes took two weeks!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:21 AM   #132

Apr 2013

Quote:
Their shipping is really fast, at least this time around. I placed my order Monday, the in-stock items shipped Tuesday, and they arrived on Thursday. As Thirst and Strange Behavior shipped yesterday, perhaps they'll even arrive tomorrow. In any case, they'll certainly arrive by release date, which was never the case with Import CDs (once they stopped early deliveries). Their DHL madness sometimes took two weeks!
I agree. Family Video's shipping is extremely fast. The only issue I've had with them is pre-ordering Scream titles. I tried to pre-order Cat People, but the movie was out of stock for nearly a month. But, they did give me $5.00 off coupon when I requested my order to be canceled.

For in-stock titles, Family Video can't be beat. They ship fast and shipping is cheap.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #133
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

OK, my first order from Family Video was placed on Monday for Thirst, Patrick and Dogs from Scorpion. Still no shipping notification and we're 4 days from street date. My credit card has been charged. This was a test to see how they operate. I know Patrick has been pushed back but I was expecting an email for the other 2 by now. Am I just being impatient?
Arrow Demons/Demons 2 steelbook F/S.
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 03-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #134
Special Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
It must be where I'm located, but items from Family Video tend to get to me slower. Not as slow as Deep Discount, but probably seven days from shipping notice vs. 10 for DD. I did speak to a CS rep over the phone about their shipping materials, so I've done all I can do there. Hope they at least switch to those corrugated cardboard mailers.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #135
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
East Coast

THIRST is on back order at Family Video. They've only shipped my copy of DOGS. So this makes 2 Severin titles that are becoming difficult o get hold of. Patrick was pushed back, wasn't it? Grrr
Arrow Demons/Demons 2 steelbook F/S.
The Swimmer DVD F/S
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #136

May 2009
Omaha, NE

While searching Family Video's website for "Patrick", I could only locate two DVD listings - both priced at $16.99. Does anyone have a link for the blu-ray? Or does anyone have the UPC for the blu-ray?

I also tried searching for it on gohastings's site, but only the DVD is listed on there as well.

Thanks.
PSN Handle: chetripley80
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #137
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetripley80 View Post
While searching Family Video's website for "Patrick", I could only locate two DVD listings - both priced at $16.99. Does anyone have a link for the blu-ray? Or does anyone have the UPC for the blu-ray?

I also tried searching for it on gohastings's site, but only the DVD is listed on there as well.

Thanks.
This has to be it, despite the DVD-only listing. It will be a combo release, so there is no DVD-only edition coming in March of 2014, and Severin is listed as the studio. The other listing is $13.99, has a different cover art, and a release date of 2008.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #138
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braktastic View Post
It must be where I'm located, but items from Family Video tend to get to me slower. Not as slow as Deep Discount, but probably seven days from shipping notice vs. 10 for DD. I did speak to a CS rep over the phone about their shipping materials, so I've done all I can do there. Hope they at least switch to those corrugated cardboard mailers.
I'm sorry to hear that. Thirst and Dead Kids arrived today, a day before release, so I'm quite pleased. For what it's worth, I'm just outside of Boston, and they ship from Illinois. FV still use plastic shrinkwrap, but neither disc were damaged in transit.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #139
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

I emailed Severin and asked them if they'd consider including original posters on the reverse, as Scream and Arrow do, and this was the response:

Quote:
Thanks for reaching out. We will consider this and pass along this request to others on the Severin team.
Perhaps if others suggested it on Facebook, it might help sway them?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #140
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

They also told me they have 'no immediate plans' for Nightmare Castle. No surprise there, but I figured it was worth inquiring about, as there is no woman's face I would rather gaze upon in 1080p than Barbara Steele's, especially in black and white. Like Bogie, the shadows suit her.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
blu-ray, horror blu ray, horror bluray, severin, severin films