COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 09-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #481
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Or we are seeing a translation of "the deadly years". Haha.
"I don't always herdy dur mur flerpty floopin...

But when I do, I yer der schmer dor her der foomty, der shoopin flerpty dur"

The Swedish Chef!.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #482
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

What's so difficult to understand about them using a future version of nuKirk? I'd love to see it happen.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #483
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Roberto Orci and William Shatner address Kirk/Spock Star Trek 3 rumor

To clarify whether this news was legitimate or more Internet fodder, both STAR TREK 3 writer/director Roberto Orci and William Shatner himself have made comments. First up, Orci refused to confirm or deny the rumor to Trek Movie, but did say this.

"Not in my interest to confirm or deny anything because it limits my options while maintaining my integrity as a truth teller. The movie is not the movie till it is in the theater. Until then, everything is a rumor."

Shatner was a little less informative but still very direct in his Twitter feed.

"Let's talk ST. I don't know anything about the current gossip. Nobody has contacted me. Right now it's just rhetoric to cause hype."
So now Orci is the Truth Teller and his integrity must not be tarnished. I guess he's hoping we've forgotten the whole "Cumberbatch is not Khan" thing.

Last edited by Cook; 09-24-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #484
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Jesus, Orci's such a douche. How's that for "truth telling"?
Thanks given by:
Breather (09-26-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #485
Special Member

Jul 2014

Not taking sides here but I can sort of understand his angle. It must be so frustrating for filmmakers to try and wow their audience when people are trying to steal every single detail of the film along the way. Who is that desperate for such scraps of info which were never going to reflect the finished product? Can't they just let the filmmakers do their job and release information they themselves want to release along the way? I dunno why that isn't okay.
Thanks given by:
aiman04 (09-25-2014), i007spectre (09-25-2014), L-Rouge (09-29-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #486
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
Not taking sides here but I can sort of understand his angle. It must be so frustrating for filmmakers to try and wow their audience when people are trying to steal every single detail of the film along the way. Who is that desperate for such scraps of info which were never going to reflect the finished product? Can't they just let the filmmakers do their job and release information they themselves want to release along the way? I dunno why that isn't okay.
I am all for that, just don't lie to me.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #487
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
It's not so much the movie "truth" that bothers me (I knew it was gonna be Khan in STID) but it's Orci's personal outlook that pisses me off, he's a 9/11 conspiracy nut so when he says something as utterly pretentious as "maintaining my integrity as a truth teller" you know what he's also referring to, like he's some sort of wise old sage. The guy's a grade A jackass.
Thanks given by:
Breather (09-26-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #488
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It's not so much the movie "truth" that bothers me (I knew it was gonna be Khan in STID) but it's Orci's personal outlook that pisses me off, he's a 9/11 conspiracy nut so when he says something as utterly pretentious as "maintaining my integrity as a truth teller" you know what he's also referring to, like he's some sort of wise old sage. The guy's a grade A jackass.
And also not a great writer.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #489
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
William Shatner Confirms ‘Star Trek 3′ Offer

Just days after word spread last week that Roberto Orci wanted William Shatner for Star Trek 3, the actor took to Twitter to deny, deny, deny. But now, just days after that, Shatner has changed his tune completely.

During an appearance at Wizard World Nashville Comic Con this weekend, Shatner admitted that he’d gotten the call from J.J. Abrams about Star Trek 3 — and also that he’d promised Abrams he wouldn’t tell anyone, not even his wife. Well, so much for that mystery box.

As reported by ComicBook.com, Shatner told the Wizard World Nashville crowd that while he was in Australia a few weeks ago, he’d received a call from Abrams in London. According to Shatner, Abrams said, “I’m calling because the director of Star Trek, the next movie, has had an idea where you might be involved, so I’m calling to find out whether you would be interested.”

Shatner told Abrams, “It depends on what you do with the character, but I would be delighted.” He then promised Abrams he’d stay quiet… but things didn’t go quite as planned.

Quote:
[I told Abrams,] ‘I won’t even tell my wife. I won’t tell anyone. I wouldn’t do that, JJ.’ I get back from Australia and it’s all over the Internet, that the director held an interview and said they wanted Shatner and Nimoy to be in the next movie. I thought, I bet you JJ’ss frothing at the mouth at this point. So the news is out that they have an idea that they want Leonard and myself. They might want Leonard and myself. I don’t know what to do with it. How do you get me fifty years later into the movie [...] I know it’s science fiction, but even I couldn’t come up with an idea.
To be fair to Shatner, he did try to keep the potential cameo under wraps. Last week, he tweeted: “I don’t know anything about the current gossip. Nobody has contacted me. Right now it’s just rhetoric to cause hype.” But now that the cat is out of the bag, it seems he sees no point in continuing to lie about it.
Slashfilm
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell

Instagram: pj_campbell
Old 09-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #490
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I kind of get the feeling that Nimoy will finally put his foot down with this film and say no more Spock. He has retired and even with Fringe he only did voice work for his last role. I just don't see him doing it anymore. He even stopped doing conventions.

I think the two JJ Abrams films are garbage but just move on already. Let the new cast do their thing without trying to shoehorn the original actors into it. Even come up with a new villian, it is Star Trek for friggin's sake, use the Klingons as the bad guys this go round. We don't need stunt casting of Christian Bale as Mudd.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #491
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
Kansas

Am I the only one who does not want to see Shatner anywhere near the new movies?
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #492
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
New Zealand

hah, mean backflip!.
"I don't always herdy dur mur flerpty floopin...

But when I do, I yer der schmer dor her der foomty, der shoopin flerpty dur"

The Swedish Chef!.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #493

Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri
Send a message via AIM to Richard Graham

His scene better appear late in the film. Imagine trying to watch Chris Pine play Kirk after the real deal shows up.
"Hey Paul!"
Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #494

Nov 2008
kansas city, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
No but if they wanted to do a story in the original timeline they wouldnt need to retcon anything. Just set the story in the original timeline. JJ's timeline didnt erase the original timeline. JJ's star trek simply takes place in another reality. One that exists alongside all other realities.

Except in JJs ST things are really messed up. He has the crew going to the academy together when in the original they never met in the Academy. Kirk Spock and Scotty were already serving on starships when Chekov and Uhura entered the academy.

And at that time the Federation had yet to make contact with the Cardasians or the Ferengi. But they are mentioned in the 09 movie.

Oh and as for 9/11 conspiracy nut. I guess you can count me as one because theres some things to me that seem a little "suspicious". But I know thats not the topic to have here.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies