Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
A Most Wanted Man (Blu-ray)
$9.96
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dressed to Kill (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Jurassic Park (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
A Lonely Place To Die (Blu-ray)
$4.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #781
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jun 2008
2
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb999 View Post
It's a shame that Nikita never got that big of an audience...such a high quality show. The CW may have been the wrong place for the show to air...cable would've been better perhaps.
i think it will find an audience on Netflix and Blu Ray now that its a complete show like Fringe, Spartacus, Breaking Bad with a real ending
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #782
Lehnhart Lehnhart is offline
Special Member
 
Lehnhart's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Canton, OH
187
19
6
10
Default

Getting around to re-watching the entire series. Saw each episode only once so it will be nice to revisit it. This time I'm getting my fiance to watch with me. Watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and she really enjoyed it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #783
Bubba Fatt Bubba Fatt is offline
Senior Member
 
Bubba Fatt's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Texas
586
320
5
Default

So I finally discovered this on Netflix. Wow. Pleasant surprise. Sure, there were typical missteps here and there, but on the whole, this was a pretty decent show. I wish I could have followed it live. Any word on a complete series blu-ray release? Or do I have to make do with getting separate seasons?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #784
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jun 2008
2
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fatt View Post
So I finally discovered this on Netflix. Wow. Pleasant surprise. Sure, there were typical missteps here and there, but on the whole, this was a pretty decent show. I wish I could have followed it live. Any word on a complete series blu-ray release? Or do I have to make do with getting separate seasons?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nikita...lu-ray/108744/

i had already bought all the individual seasons before this one came out.

NIKITA was really a fantastic show and its ending was one of the best series finales i have seen. So its a great show for replay value because of that amazing ending.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #785
Bubba Fatt Bubba Fatt is offline
Senior Member
 
Bubba Fatt's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Texas
586
320
5
Default

I really wish the show was still going. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to continue the story...
four words...

Percy was a double...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #786
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fatt View Post
I really wish the show was still going. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to continue the story...
Not me...as much as I loved the show, it ended before it could get stale and repetitive, and that's a rarity for network TV (see also: Fringe). Most good shows would benefit from being limited to five seasons or less.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bubba Fatt (01-03-2015), mredman (01-04-2015), Russ103 (01-03-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #787
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

For some reason I couldn't find this thread originally, and had been posting my thoughts in the Nikita Blu-ray thread.

Anyway, I recently started watching this show on Netflix, and I'm loving it! I'm about half-way through season 2 now. I love all of the twists and turns and altering allegiances, with everyone seemingly out to get everyone, lol.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
i007spectre (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #788
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2012
Kansas
20
277
1
Default

It was an excellent series.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Polk T15
Subwoofer: BIC Acoustech PL-200
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:41 AM   #789
Lehnhart Lehnhart is offline
Special Member
 
Lehnhart's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Canton, OH
187
19
6
10
Default

Amazing series. Glad you're enjoying it. I own all four season on blu. Hoping to revisit them soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #790
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Approaching the season 2 finale! Just watched the episodes "Shadow Walker" and "Dead Drop." I'm surprised that they have so many mostly self-contained, essentially stand-alone episodes so close to the end of the season, but they're still so action-packed and compelling, with enough forward-moving momentum that it doesn't really matter. I still keep wanting to see what's next!

Watching this show, I feel like this is the show that Agents of SHIELD should have been. I mean, that show has grown and become much better over time, but if that show were this action-packed and cinematic, and were half as strong as this show was in its first season, I doubt there'd be so many MCU fans eager to disregard the show completely. (Nikita did have some issues early in its first season, but it has nothing on SHIElD) But I digress.

It seems that the release of the series boxset is coming up (simply a packaging of the individual seasons into a single box). I definitely see myself purchasing this series down the line, perhaps once it hits the $50 range, which should be reasonable considering how much the individual seasons are going for right now, and that boxsets for 5-season shows like Fringe and Chuck are consistently in the $60 range a couple of years after release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #791
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Been making my way through the beginning of season 3. I liked the way they completely changed the status quo again at the end of season 2, but I was a bit unsure about the first three episodes episodes of the season. They were fun to watch, but even as stand-alone, mission-of-the-week episodes, they weren't as compelling as the early season 2 episodes, which felt like they were propelling the story forward despite their stand-alone nature.

However, I just watched the fourth episode, "Consequences," and now I'm all-in again. Loved the return of Owen and Amanda, and it felt like a true set up for the season.

One thing I'm still wary about, though, is all of this lovey-dovey relationship drama, which suddenly seems much more prevalent this season. The show just seems to be going a bit overboard with it and seems a bit out of place. I know its the CW, but still, hopefully it gets toned down a bit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:28 AM   #792
I-C-Blue I-C-Blue is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2009
180
49
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Been making my way through the beginning of season 3. I liked the way they completely changed the status quo again at the end of season 2, but I was a bit unsure about the first three episodes episodes of the season. They were fun to watch, but even as stand-alone, mission-of-the-week episodes, they weren't as compelling as the early season 2 episodes, which felt like they were propelling the story forward despite their stand-alone nature.

However, I just watched the fourth episode, "Consequences," and now I'm all-in again. Loved the return of Owen and Amanda, and it felt like a true set up for the season.

One thing I'm still wary about, though, is all of this lovey-dovey relationship drama, which suddenly seems much more prevalent this season. The show just seems to be going a bit overboard with it and seems a bit out of place. I know its the CW, but still, hopefully it gets toned down a bit.
I'll try not to say too much to sway your opinion for that season but yes, Season 3 goes through a "shift", making it feel completely different - in a bad way- from the earlier seasons. It doesn't last too long as you've just realized as it does go back to its darker roots though at a slightly different territory. There will be slight hiccups onwards otherwise it's not to say this season does not have its moments cause it does.

The happy-days episodes were cringeworthy. I remembered when we all watched it live I couldn't believe that was Nikita I was watching. My friends put best, saying it felt like they were "fooling around" while my uncle fell asleep calling it "boring". CW definitely has an influence over that lovey dovey parts, which was tacked on the most with those episodes. Even that was evident in the initial episodes of Season 2 until 2x07 Clawback and probably what I think is the best episode of that season / series 2x09 Fair Trade, which is a class of its own. If not Season 1, which had the complete package in budget and fight choreography by the Bourne movies fight choreographers, I wish Season 3 would have drawn more inspiration from "Fair Trade" in all technical aspects.

Anyway had Season 3 been shorter like all other 12/13 episodes cable format, it would have went straight to the core of the story. It's the 22-episode season format that a lot of shows suffers from filled with fillers ...
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 05-09-2015 at 05:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #793
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-Blue View Post
I'll try not to say too much to sway your opinion for that season but yes, Season 3 goes through a "shift", making it feel completely different - in a bad way- from the earlier seasons. It doesn't last too long as you've just realized as it does go back to its darker roots though at a slightly different territory. There will be slight hiccups onwards otherwise it's not to say this season does not have its moments cause it does.

The happy-days episodes were cringeworthy. I remembered when we all watched it live I couldn't believe that was Nikita I was watching. My friends put best, saying it felt like they were "fooling around" while my uncle fell asleep calling it "boring". CW definitely has an influence over that lovey dovey parts, which was tacked on the most with those episodes. Even that was evident in the initial episodes of Season 2 until 2x07 Clawback and probably what I think is the best episode of that season / series 2x09 Fair Trade, which is a class of its own. If not Season 1, which had the complete package in budget and fight choreography by the Bourne movies fight choreographers, I wish Season 3 would have drawn more inspiration from "Fair Trade" in all technical aspects.

Anyway had Season 3 been shorter like all other 12/13 episodes cable format, it would have went straight to the core of the story. It's the 22-episode season format that a lot of shows suffers from filled with fillers ...
Well, I'm moving forward little by little (I've had to go at a much slower pace lately, since someone else started watching with me and I have to wait for them to keep going... lol).

Anyway, I've got through episode 7, and I think so far, "Consequences" has still been the best episode of the season so far, but they're doing better than the first three episodes. The end of episode 7, with Nikita
[Show spoiler]cutting off Michael's hand
(I know this series is long over, but spoilers just in case, lol) was a bit unexpected.

What I found strange about early this season also was that it totally felt like they were trying to set it up for new viewers. It was kind of jarring. Even episode 4, where Owen appeared for the first time in a while, they had a whole little montage of Nikita/Owen moments, which was kind of weird, as if they had to remind us who he was. And I find Sonya very problematic, as we're supposed to care about her, but we don't really know enough about her to care..... It feels like we have a big chunk of story missing regarding her, and I'd say that they kinda mishandled the way that they transitioned her into the team.

It's also a bit jarring how this season suddenly seems like all-out Mission: Impossible-esque Spy-Fi. I mean, there were elements of that here and there in season 2, and even in season 1, but I guess it just feels weird because they're amping it up so much, so fast.

It's interesting that the review here on Blu-ray.com by Ken Brown awards the highest score to season 3 out of the four seasons, and what you're telling me is the exact opposite. Haha. So far, I do find it the least compelling season at this point, but I'm still loving it. It's still very high-octane without any dull moments. Also, loved the guest stint from Isaiah Mustafa--hope to see more of his character.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Terra Nova Discussion Thread TV Shows WyldeMan45 467 02-23-2013 07:34 AM
The official "burn notice: Season 4" discussion thread! TV Shows Groo The Perverted 9 05-12-2011 11:55 PM
The Official "Lie To Me" Discussion Thread TV Shows Groo The Perverted 59 02-08-2011 11:31 AM
The Official "Running Wilde" Discussion Thread TV Shows WyldeMan45 11 10-22-2010 05:23 AM
Official "Super Mario Galaxy 2" Discussion Thread!! Wii CZAR 88 09-23-2010 01:35 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.