COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

just started watching it, at least the 1st 3 episodes, and even though its not looseless audio, for around 12 dollars after the sodas new, this could be one of the steals of the year

the cartoon itself is actually pretty good,
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #42

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllMattIc View Post
I haven't been by a Best Buy yet but when I check their website it says $34.99. If I see it for $19.99 i'll pick it up.
I picked mine up today from Best Buy and it was priced at $19.99, got it for $14.99+tax after the U&S.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #43

Jan 2011
Default Authoring Problem disc 2

I've only watched the first two episodes and wonder if I got an early run or something because no one else has mentioned this.

Watch 'I'll Be There' from the second episode and tell me if you don't see bad pixellation blotches during the song. Some of the blotches appear in the black bars, with one really huge one almost the size of the main object you're supposed to be watching in the center of the screen. To be sure, there are noticeable blocking occurring before and after this song. I thought I was seeing blocking along edges even during the first episode, too, but didn't bother to go back and re-check.

Just as a test to see if it wasn't an issue with my player not keeping up with the data rate I popped in the DVD. Not only do the blocks appear there as well, but I feel sorry for those relying on the DVD versions because the black bars added to the BD version weren't even cropped off for the DVD mastering.

For the 4:3 format image, this means a lot of the data rate was wasted to simulate black bars when the software would've simulated them 'for free' on the fly. Considering they (Classic Media) crammed 12 episodes on the first disc, that's a lot of wasted data. The final picture on the DVD is quite soft as a result.

Last edited by bdmon; 01-22-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #44

Jan 2011
Default Samples of the problem *taken from the DVD*

Here are frame-grabs *from the DVD* since I don't have a BD player on my computer to get the BD versions.

Pic 3 is a 'good' frame, pic 4 is the next frame which should be basically colorless. This happens a few times with this artwork.

There are more instances during the song, these are just a few samples.

Can anyone tell me if their copy has this same bad encoding? Some times pressed discs that are not final market versions make their way into customers hands. I'm trying to figure out if this is what I have or this is how everyone's looks.

I've only watched two eps from disc 1 and one ep from disc 2. The episode on disc 2 looked fine.

I emailed Classic Media on Tues., Jan 22, but haven't heard from them yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J5ep02_01.jpg (21.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg J5ep02_02.jpg (18.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg J5ep02_03.jpg (20.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg J5ep02_04.jpg (10.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

1 and 2 looks like bad encoding. I think with 4 it's mean to be like how when film stock runs out. When stock is done, it goes blank. But, I haven't seen this, so I don't know it's meant to be like that or not.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #46
Power Member

Aug 2010

If it all went blank it would be better.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #47

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
1 and 2 looks like bad encoding. I think with 4 it's mean to be like how when film stock runs out. When stock is done, it goes blank. But, I haven't seen this, so I don't know it's meant to be like that or not.
Yeah, I think if the picture looks this way on all copies some viewers might've missed the damage or thought the same thing.

It's definitely bad encodes. There are some shots that produce red blocks when the proper image doesn't even have red in it!

Thanks for your comment.

If I don't hear from Classic Media by the end of the week I'll post that fact here.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #48

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmon View Post
Yeah, I think if the picture looks this way on all copies some viewers might've missed the damage or thought the same thing.

It's definitely bad encodes. There are some shots that produce red blocks when the proper image doesn't even have red in it!

Thanks for your comment.

If I don't hear from Classic Media by the end of the week I'll post that fact here.
UPDATE: It's official, Classic Media never responded.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America