Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Dunkirk (Blu-ray)
$10.00
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The LEGO Ninjago Movie (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Baby Driver (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Boss Baby (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$10.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 08-02-2017, 04:37 AM   #41

Jun 2008
Atlanta, GA

I bought the Sony X940E and at first, the image seemed a little over-processed compared with the 9-year-old Sony it replaced. It soon became the standard by which I judge the rest. I'm really happy with it, but it is in a room with a wall of windows two stories high. Mostly, I just enjoy the show. I'm not sure how much Dolby Vision will bring to the table, but I can't imagine it will be large difference. I evaluated a lot of TVs, admittedly in a showroom, but I stand by my choice. It does take a while to boot up (30-45 seconds), but once it does, I have no problems with it. That is, the audio doesn't switch to the AVR right away. The image appears right away. I have a slight motion blur during panning scenes, but I think I have it on medium or standard motion control. Would I buy it again if I had to do it over? Absolutely, yes.

BRP__: Sony UBP-X800 _4KTV_: Sony XBR-75X940E _AVR_: Sony STR-ZA1000ES 7.2
LAN__: 4 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports _________ Stand: Standout Designs N702
Spkrs: 2 Mirage Omni 260, Omni CC, 4 OmniSats Subs: Prestige S10 & JBL 120
Pwr Conditioner__: APC Smart-UPS 1000VA LCD RM 2U, True Sine Wave Inverter
Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Ottawa,Canada
Send a message via MSN to TheZoof

I finally took an afternoon to look at which TV I would get.

The LG B6 was on display and it was right beside the Sony tv.

LG B6 had Mad Max Fury road on it and it looked gorgeous. It was what I would want out of a modern TV. The problem is after watching it for about 15 minutes I started to notice how the image shook. I was very surprised and asked the sales guy about it. He explained that is how the OLED works. Wow... what a turn off.

Unfortunately the Sony OLED did not have Mad Max however I did not notice the same issue. I asked sales guy about that and he said Sony's Oled is better. Thanks for the technical details...lol

Anyways then I compared the Sony 940E and Sony 900E. Both were quite nice and I noticed no issues EXCEPT what most people have mentioned here with blacks not being as black. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't bad.

I then turned to Samsung and although I find their price a little high - it did look very nice. It was very bright and even though just demo content, it was quite good. If the price was similar then I would consider.

Ultimately I think I would want a Sony OLED based on what I saw. Problem always comes down to size. I want a 75"+ and that just isn't possible for my budget.

I am going to wait a little while longer and see what comes out in 2018.

One other comment though is all of these new TV looks fairly good. I think the blacks of the OLED is the only thing I really notice. Problem is - if the image isn't smooth for sports or movies... that is worse than any PQ differences.
The Zoof

Living Room - Pioneer KRP-500M | Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Panasonic DMP-BD89| PS4 | Wii U
Speakers
- PSB Image B25 Monitor | PSB Alpha B1 Monitor | PAradigm C100 | Klipsch SW-115

Fav Blu Right Now - Interstellar
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (01-01-2018)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55...?skuId=5748209

Does anyone know or think that this 4K TV will be some lower for BlackFriday?
Unite your friends to see Justice League on Nov. 17th!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I was about to order this TV when the price jumped up $500. Now its almost the same price as the 65 LG OLED. Hopefully it goes back down before the Super Bowl.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #45

Oct 2008
Send a message via ICQ to Spitfrnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY_HD View Post
I bought the Sony X940E and at first, the image seemed a little over-processed compared with the 9-year-old Sony it replaced. It soon became the standard by which I judge the rest. I'm really happy with it, but it is in a room with a wall of windows two stories high. Mostly, I just enjoy the show. I'm not sure how much Dolby Vision will bring to the table, but I can't imagine it will be large difference. I evaluated a lot of TVs, admittedly in a showroom, but I stand by my choice. It does take a while to boot up (30-45 seconds), but once it does, I have no problems with it. That is, the audio doesn't switch to the AVR right away. The image appears right away. I have a slight motion blur during panning scenes, but I think I have it on medium or standard motion control. Would I buy it again if I had to do it over? Absolutely, yes.
Can you elaborate on the motion blur you experience. I am still considering a 940E and have watched it a few times in the showroom and have yet to really see a motion blur. Would love to have a 75 inch Z9 but that is a big price jump. The 65 inch Z9 is now slightly cheaper than the 75 inch 940 but that bigger screen is dramatic.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs