Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
39 min ago
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
15 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #121

Dec 2007

Steven Spielberg
Stephen Lang
Billy Bob Thornton
Chris Pine (not in my collection but my daughter's)
Karolyn Grimes (It's A Wonderful Life)
Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #122

Oct 2012
Australia

The only actor I've met is Margot Kidder, whom I met at a screening of Superman last year. She was very nice and friendly.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #123
Expert Member

Jan 2011
O-H-I-O

I actually got a chance to swill Budweisers with Paul Newman one time, while camping at the Mid Ohio race track. I worked for a local CART team and Paul was one of the big-time team owners (ie. Newman-Haas) in the series.

Later I also got to witness him chase Mario Andretti's pet pig all over the place and that was even better than sharing a couple beers with him.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #124
Power Member

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

I met William Shatner at a Trek convention in the mid 90s. People see him as a bit egotistical but he couldn't have been nicer.

My favorite though was meeting Greg Sestero who played Mark at a screening of The Room earlier this year. The guy couldn't appreciate his fans more and is super nice when it comes to Q&A and autographs. Not one of those that signs and says move along, I actually talked to him for a few minutes on the way to the concession stand before the show and it was just a blast. He actually personalizes his signatures too which was a treat. Funny thing was when taking a picture with him, he put his arm behind me first which threw me off. The guy loves his fans.

Equipment:
RCA 39" LED 39B45RQ 1080P
PS3 80 GB
SONY 5.1 HOME THEATER SYSTEM STR-K660P
DIGIX BLU-RAY PLAYER BD-500
Old 11-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #125
Special Member

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

I once had a passionate affair with Emma Watson.

Oh no, that was a dream, wasn't it?

Bugger.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #126

Dec 2011
Pearland, Texas

I met Hit Girl some months back.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #127
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
USA

I got to meet Chloe at Comic Con when she was there for Let Me In. She was really nice and so were her cast mates.
One of my favorite celebrities is Tom Atkins, my wife and I got to spend about a half hour talking with him in between him signing autographs, when we left he shook our hands and thanked us for coming, we got a photo with him and when the security guy went to take another photo we got photo bombed by a guy in an ape mask, well the security guy did not get mad and I was wondering why until he took off the mask, it was Corbin Bernsen. That was too funny, we saw him later and he was awesome as well.
I think one of my wife's favorite pictures is her getting a kiss on the cheek from Eric Roberts, he was very cool and funny as well. He signed my Expendables poster and marked where he should gave been, I mean he's the main baddies and he's not on the poster....
The Ghostbusters earned their Stripes and to relax decided to go play golf, but got locked in the Caddyshack by the Gopher with The Blues Brothers who are hiding from a Dragnet but luckily they all escaped to The Great Outdoors, where they met a ranger who turned out to be The Man Who Knew Too Little because everything he said was Lost In Translation.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #128
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
In the Village.

I'm related to actors Barry Fitzgerald and Arthur Shields. Horace McMahon was a close family friend. I enjoyed seeing Yul Brynner on stage in his reprise of The King and I. Also met and chatted with Sylvester Stallone at the Boxing Hall of Fame.
Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #129
Special Member

May 2010
Netherlands

saw Ryan Gosling when I was on vacation in Bangkok while he was shooting Only God Forgives.

No sign of Eva Mendes though, guess she stayed in the hotel
Old 11-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #130
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Hibernia

Don't own any of his movies but I met Bing Crosby when I was a kid back in the mid 70's.
Also saw Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman when they were filming 'Far And Away' in Ireland.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #131

Mar 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada

I've met personally:
Tom Atkins
Dina Meyer
Dario Argento
Doug Bradley
Peter Mayhew
Tyler Labine
Old 11-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #132

Aug 2014

Met Derek Cianfrance through work, "joe" Apichatpong through school, and Warwick Davis at Star Wars Weekends.
Interesting mix
Old 11-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #133

Nov 2014
New York

Too may too list to be honest... I've met so many over the years at various horror conventions.

Just some are:

Peter Fonda
Tom Noonan
Danny Trejo
Bill Moseley
Sid Haig
Nancy Allen
George Romero
John Carpenter

The list goes on and on...
Old 11-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #134
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Bumped into a couple people here and there, most when I wish I had a better camera:

Shannon Elizabeth

Jennifer Tilly

Also met John Carpenter, but no picture with him. Do have him signing my shit though:
Old 11-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #135
Expert Member

May 2013
VA

St. Louis Rams and VT Hokies fan
Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #136
Special Member

Jul 2013
Scotland

Age 14 -- I went to see Arnold at the True Lies London premiere... but missed him AND everyone else!

The next day however he drove past in his limo (he'd been at Planet Hollywood) and gave me a smile and a wave.

BD titles for trade or sale: 2.50: Warriors of Heaven and Earth (Sony); Wolf (Sony). 3.00:
Bullet to the Head (E1); The Third Man (Studio Canal, Canada (bilingual), A). 20 Million Miles to Earth/It Came from Beneath the Sea (Mill Creek, A) 4.00: The Myth (Cine Asia) *NEW/SEALED. Star Trek - The Motion Picture (Paramount) *NEW/SEALED 5.00: Bound (M6, France); Dressed to Kill (Carlotta). 8.00: Serpico (Master of Cinema, B).
Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #137
Expert Member

Mar 2010

Working in Los Angeles you meet a lot of actors past and present. I couldn't even begin to name half of them (They speak at film screenings, award shows, they work on the studio backlots, and they even go shopping) Jay Leno drives around town in convertible cars waving to people
Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #138
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

You don't get to meet many in the middle of Saskatchewan (or in Saskatchewan in general) but I did meet Dan Aykroyd a few years back when he was doing his Crystal Skull Vodka tour. Signed a bunch of stuff and was nice, really good with the crowd. Great actor too - he actually looked excited to be in a picture with me!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #139

Apr 2013
Southwest Michigan

I have a signed picture of Ronald Reagan holding me when I was an infant.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #140

Jun 2011

I have too many to mention. I worked at Paramount for 4 years for the VP of Special Projects. She was responsible for all the premiere party's for all the Paramount movie releases, the Star Ceremonies on the Walk of Fame, and the hand and footprints Ceremonies at the Mann Chinese so I worked directly with the celebrities. Working at Paramount, I also got to see the Deep Space Nine promenade set just before it was dismantled as most of the Star Trek stuff was off limits to employees who didn't work on Star Trek. I can tell you that most of them are just normal people.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America