Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Long Riders (Special Edition) $15.68 (45% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Batman Ninja (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99

The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Matrix Reloaded 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
8 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99

I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-30-2015, 12:07 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post
It adds $10 on the 2nd screen. No option for cheaper shipping.
When I use the check out with paypal link, it takes me to the paypal payment page and there is no shipping indicated. Once you click pay now does it take you to another page? I see where there is a second page with shipping through normal checkout, but not the paypal checkout.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebhdb View Post
When I use the check out with paypal link, it takes me to the paypal payment page and there is no shipping indicated. Once you click pay now does it take you to another page? I see where there is a second page with shipping through normal checkout, but not the paypal checkout.
Yeah 2nd page I believe, 1st page said $29.99, on the confirm order screen it was $39.99.
LG OLED 65 C8
Denon X4300 Atmos
Oppo 203-Region Free
Klipsch RP 450C
Klipsch RP 260 (L&R)
Klipsch RP 250S
SVS Prime Elevation (4 for atmos)
SVS PB1000, Octane XL7500 Recliners
Thanks given by:
jebhdb (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 12:12 AM   #23
Power Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
Once you click pay now does it take you to another page?
Yup.
Thanks given by:
jebhdb (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

So I called them out on their ridiculous shipping cost telling them it don't cost over $3.00 to ship a bluray and they replied that they don't regulate the shipping cost.
LG OLED 65 C8
Denon X4300 Atmos
Oppo 203-Region Free
Klipsch RP 450C
Klipsch RP 260 (L&R)
Klipsch RP 250S
Old 06-30-2015, 03:18 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
I backed this project on Kickstarter, and that experience made me gun shy about backing any other film projects via crowdfunding (the Orson Welles film being the first I've backed since then). Despite raising over $115,000, the project seemed to be delayed since day one, and when it became clear that Schnepp was in over his head and didn't understand what it took to make a film, he asked for another $85,000 on a different crowdfunding website (fanbacked). Then, over two years later, with the original backers still waiting to see the film, he basically showed it to everyone else first. His reasoning? That if backers saw it first, they would probably pirate it.

Basically, I wish I'd never given this guy a dime. But I suppose that is the risk you take with crowdfunding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorpuppy View Post
Wow, I had noticed that a lot of the interview clips look very amateurish. But I hadn't realize the guy raised THAT much money. I've seen documentaries that were made for a few thousand that look better than this. You'd think for 200 grand the guy could have gotten a decent light kit.
This is my primary concern with paying for this. If I knew it was professionally done, I'd have no problem paying $30 for it.

I've had a feeling for a long time it would look very amateurish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
The filmmakers are going to be at SDCC this year (Booth #3915) and they said they'll have copies of the Blu-Ray available for purchase. If anyone is going, it's a good way to avoid the steep shipping charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post
So I called them out on their ridiculous shipping cost telling them it don't cost over $3.00 to ship a bluray and they replied that they don't regulate the shipping cost.
To be fair, the eBay discounted USPS rate for an average Blu-ray is $2.25. Then you have to pay for the bubble envelope, label and printing costs...then someone to physically stuff it. I didn't know it was more than $29.99 and figured shipping was built into that cost; adding an extra $10 on top to cover shipping is outrageous.

I'll wait to see reviews. Hopefully if someone here buys this at SDCC or gets it in the mail they can post up pics. I'd like to see if its physically professionally done, or if its some guy stuffing wrinkled artwork into the case and pushing on stick-on labels to bd-r discs.

Then I'd like an opinion on the quality of the picture and audio...and of course, content as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
The writer / director of the doc, John Schepp, is one of the commentators on AMC Movie Talk on YouTube, if you want to see what he's all about. Good show; I've been watching for a couple of years now. The Schmoes are also on there, but unfortunately the long-time Editor-in-chief, John Campea, just left the show.
I like AMC Move Talk, but honestly Campea and Schnepp are the only reasons to watch. The other guys seem to just be 'doing their job.' I'm betting Campea is heading over to Fandango or similar. According to his Facebook, he'll be starting a new show with whatever company he just go hired at. There's really no surprise. He'll be doing another 'Movie Talk' show where ever he lands. By the end of next month, I'm sure he'll be back on some other YouTube channel.

Schnepp is a great commentator, but I question the documentary only because he has Burton-esk sensibilities.
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.
Dark HDR titles exist: Compare Star Trek Beyond 4K to the BD or any other Trek UHD. 10-15% are dark.

==>> Dreamliner330’s Blu-ray and 2D, 3D, 4K UHD slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 06-30-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I'll wait to see reviews. Hopefully if someone here buys this at SDCC or gets it in the mail they can post up pics. I'd like to see if its physically professionally done, or if its some guy stuffing wrinkled artwork into the case and pushing on stick-on labels to bd-r discs.
I can't speak to your other concerns, but I contacted them earlier today on twitter to ask if the disc was pressed or a bd-r, and they replied that the disc is pressed.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:32 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
I can't speak to your other concerns, but I contacted them earlier today on twitter to ask if the disc was pressed or a bd-r, and they replied that the disc is pressed.
Pressed by hand.

I'll wait for reviews. $40 is a big risk, if its good, I'll gladly pay it.
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.
Dark HDR titles exist: Compare Star Trek Beyond 4K to the BD or any other Trek UHD. 10-15% are dark.

==>> Dreamliner330’s Blu-ray and 2D, 3D, 4K UHD slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:38 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Pressed by hand.

I'll wait for reviews. $40 is a big risk, if its good, I'll gladly pay it.
Yes, I'm going to wait as well. My guess is they will try to get as many sales as they can through their website, and then this will end up on Amazon for a more reasonable price. I was willing to blind buy this at $30, but not for $40.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:46 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to wait as well. My guess is they will try to get as many sales as they can through their website, and then this will end up on Amazon for a more reasonable price. I was willing to blind buy this at $30, but not for $40.
Same had it in my cart, but didn't buy when I saw the $10 shipping charge. They say after the initial run it may be available on Amazon.
LG OLED 65 C8
Denon X4300 Atmos
Oppo 203-Region Free
Klipsch RP 450C
Klipsch RP 260 (L&R)
Klipsch RP 250S
Old 06-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #30
Power Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

I folded and ordered it, $10 shipping and all. I'll report when it arrives.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
Banned

Sep 2007

I only have curiosity about this disc. I am just relieved these guys never got their hands on the property. Everything I have seen about this failed project convinces me it would have been a complete mess. Tim Burton directing Nicholas Cage as Superman—yikes!
Old 06-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #32

Aug 2012

This is a review of the film from one of the screenings a few months ago in Austin. Mild spoiler alert as some topics disscussed might not be well known, but they do point out the production quality a few times. It seems the whole documentary suffers from amateur camera work. It's so odd considering it was made by industry people and a good amount of money was raised.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorpuppy View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2San_ihn7dA

This is a review of the film from one of the screenings a few months ago in Austin. Mild spoiler alert as some topics disscussed might not be well known, but they do point out the production quality a few times. It seems the whole documentary suffers from amateur camera work. It's so odd considering it was made by industry people and a good amount of money was raised.
The cynic in me says that some of the principal players (like Tim Burton) were probably paid a fee to be a part of the documentary rather than volunteering their time. Plus, perhaps rights fees were demanded by DC and/or WB for use of some of the material with a copyright. That would kill the budget right there.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #34
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH View Post
I only have curiosity about this disc. I am just relieved these guys never got their hands on the property. Everything I have seen about this failed project convinces me it would have been a complete mess. Tim Burton directing Nicholas Cage as Superman—yikes!
Tim Burton is not wrong for comic book films, the man has a brilliant film-making mind. Nicolas Cage is wrong for the role of Kal-El though, that's what makes this so interesting. Definitely not paying $30 for it though, $10 is probably the highest I would go.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
I backed this project on Kickstarter, and that experience made me gun shy about backing any other film projects via crowdfunding (the Orson Welles film being the first I've backed since then). Despite raising over $115,000, the project seemed to be delayed since day one, and when it became clear that Schnepp was in over his head and didn't understand what it took to make a film, he asked for another $85,000 on a different crowdfunding website (fanbacked). Then, over two years later, with the original backers still waiting to see the film, he basically showed it to everyone else first. His reasoning? That if backers saw it first, they would probably pirate it.

Basically, I wish I'd never given this guy a dime. But I suppose that is the risk you take with crowdfunding.
Sounds a bit fishy to me - you gave me money to make it but I can't show you what you paid for because you might rip it off. Nice way to never get another dime from people - I trust you enough to take your money but that's about it. Too bad, this actually sounded interesting and I would like to watch it but between the price and the bad treatment people like you are getting, my interest is starting to drop.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Waukee, IA

That's really unfortunate. I have a documentary that was Kickstarted, as well. I really hope that my backers haven't felt that way about me. However, I have tried to give them updates and I most definitely will be allowing them to see the film first!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #37
Banned

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Tim Burton is not wrong for comic book films, the man has a brilliant film-making mind. Nicolas Cage is wrong for the role of Kal-El though, that's what makes this so interesting. Definitely not paying $30 for it though, $10 is probably the highest I would go.
Don't get me wrong, I like much of Tim Burton's work. But what he had planned for this film was an abomination.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like much of Tim Burton's work. But what he had planned for this film was an abomination.
Burton needs a strong script behind him, otherwise he just wigs out with artistically visual stuff. He's not a character driven or actor's director, much like Ridley Scott.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:06 AM   #39
Power Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
The cynic in me says that some of the principal players (like Tim Burton) were probably paid a fee to be a part of the documentary rather than volunteering their time. Plus, perhaps rights fees were demanded by DC and/or WB for use of some of the material with a copyright. That would kill the budget right there.
Oh yeah, I don't even see that as cynical. I assumed a large chunk of the budget would go towards getting guys like Tim Burton. And I'm glad they spent the money to get him, because I think that's the kind of content we really want to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
Sounds a bit fishy to me - you gave me money to make it but I can't show you what you paid for because you might rip it off. Nice way to never get another dime from people - I trust you enough to take your money but that's about it. Too bad, this actually sounded interesting and I would like to watch it but between the price and the bad treatment people like you are getting, my interest is starting to drop.
To be fair, probably at least one of the many, many kickstarter (and that other one) backers this film apparently attracted probably would have put it a torrent site. The filmmakers don't know backers personally; there's no reason they should trust them all that blindly.

...On an indirectly related note, I'm also curious about the Doomed documentary on the unreleased Fantastic Four movie. Their site's also taking purchases for DVDs and blu-rays, but from following their social media, I think they're pre-orders? It doesn't say anything about them being pre-orders or not immediately shipping, though.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:59 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
I folded and ordered it, $10 shipping and all. I'll report when it arrives.
Please post hi-res pics of the outside and inside when you get it please.

I'd also like to see some shots of the Blu-ray menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
Oh yeah, I don't even see that as cynical. I assumed a large chunk of the budget would go towards getting guys like Tim Burton. And I'm glad they spent the money to get him, because I think that's the kind of content we really want to see here.
I agree. I just wish they could have got Cage.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America