Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Begin Again (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #61
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesonnephi View Post
The problem I was referring to is the 'nothing on the display/blue lights on/disc tray won't open' problem. And if it isn't supported by the manuf any more, does that mean they wouldn't tell you how to fix it if they knew? Wouldn't they still have the info? Thanks for the help.
You'll have to contact Sherwood/an authorized service center for Sherwood for their answer to these questions. My answer is that, although it likely varies by company, in my experience once a BD player is no longer supported by the manuf it is removed from the "knowledge base" to which any support rep you might get on the phone refers to troubleshoot your problem and perhaps provide you with resolution options.

But in addition to that, Sherwood seems to be even more conspicuously non-supportive than the "big guys" like Sony and Panasonic. Like I mentioned over a year ago, this player's manual made no reference to firmware whatsoever. So even when the model was current/supported, it's not my understanding that there were firmware upgrades designed to remedy problems users reported or that Sherwood discovered. It does not appear to me to have been a well-supported product even when it was a current model, much less now that it has been discontinued for over a year.

And perhaps most importantly, firmware upgrades usually (but of course not exclusively) contemplate remedying playback issues with (a) particular title(s). These instances of this player seemingly "bricking" for many users seem to point to something more fundamentally problematic and perhaps irreparable about this player.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 05-06-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #62

Mar 2012

could anyone provide me with the firmware for Sherwood BDP-5004 that enables multi-region playback of BDs?
thank you
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #63

Mar 2012

along with the August 2009 firmware, I would like to have the latest one (March 2010, if I remember well). does anyone have them?
thank you for your help
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders