Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #1161
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJW View Post
I don't know if this has been previously discussed, but I just got this set, which I think is the re-issued version without the digital copy, since the package says "2-disc." Did they re-use leftover boxes from the DVD set or something? When I first looked at the spine of my set, I saw the DVD logo and thought I had received the wrong version! The extra piece of paper they inserted over the box says it's the Blu-ray edition, but I just thought this was weird since the set doesn't contain any DVDs.
Yes, I actually went back & forth with WB over my recent delivery of the box set. When I received it I thought there was a packaging error because it came with two discs and and empty slot for a third, and the wbshop website listed it as "3-disc". But they did a factory check for me and confirmed it is a two-disc set (the paper slip that ships with the item also specifies "2-disc").

So I think you're correct, they're using the DVD box (the discs inside are both blu-rays), and they've stopped including the DC. As far as I know, they always used the same box for both sets (maybe someone who purchased it upon release can confirm what the spine reads on their set).

I'm OCD, so I took my old DVD copy and slipped it into the empty slot!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1162
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Yes, I actually went back & forth with WB over my recent delivery of the box set. When I received it I thought there was a packaging error because it came with two discs and and empty slot for a third, and the wbshop website listed it as "3-disc". But they did a factory check for me and confirmed it is a two-disc set (the paper slip that ships with the item also specifies "2-disc").

So I think you're correct, they're using the DVD box (the discs inside are both blu-rays), and they've stopped including the DC. As far as I know, they always used the same box for both sets (maybe someone who purchased it upon release can confirm what the spine reads on their set).

I'm OCD, so I took my old DVD copy and slipped it into the empty slot!
Thanks for confirming! I was aware that they had stopped including the digital copy and that there would be an empty space in the case. I was hoping I would somehow get an old copy and it would be the 3-disc version, but I got the 2-disc one.

It's funny that you mention putting your DVD in the empty spot, I was thinking of doing the same thing, too!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #1163

Dec 2008
Tannhauser Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbreathsanddeath View Post
I can forgive the films flaws because it's really quite good but I can't forgive the CGI. It's so stupid looking that I'm unable to talk about I Am Legend without bringing up how crappy the CGI is. What the hell were they thinking. Those things are the most generic and idiotic looking monsters I've ever seen. They could've used real people, covered them in dirt and they would've looked more threatening.
Heck, make them albinos and you'll have The Omega Man all over again.

Last edited by HermanTurnip; 11-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #1164
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Burbank, CA

I like the fact that someone uploaded a photo to the database for the Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook, but that's not the correct artwook... Lol. Will we ever get the correct artwork uploaded?

Last edited by Thesis; 11-08-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America