COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.69
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$15.78
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
Arrow Richard Ayoade's The Double - Teaser Trailer (Jesse Eisenberg and Mia Wasikowska)

http://www.theguardian.com/film/vide...esse-eisenberg

I'll post a Embedded version once one is available.

It has it's world premiere this Saturday at TIFF, so expect reviews to start trickling out at that point, hopefully positive one.

EDIT:

Films of the Summer I'll check out: Guardians of the Galaxy, The Expendables 3, The Rover, Lucy, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood, Calvary, Frank, Godzilla, The Raid 2, The LEGO Movie, Under the Skin
Most Recent Blu-Ray Purchases: The LEGO Movie

Last edited by Foggy; 02-10-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Interzone

definitely curious to hear more about it, looks interesting and i enjoyed Submarine
Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #3

Oct 2012
Central IL

Loved Submarine, love Richard Ayoade, will definitely check this one out!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Not exactly sure what this is supposed to be about, but love the cast so I'm interested.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Grapes Are Fun!
Send a message via AIM to The_Basterd

I WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN! I WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN! I wasn't expecting to be taken this hard by a film at TIFF this year, and I'll gladly admit this in my top 50 favorite films of all time. Richard Ayoade proves Submarine was no fluke (this is NOTHING like Submarine btw), and this stellar talent is one to watch out for. I'll be shocked if anything in 2013 tops this.
Grade: [A+]
Clementine: You're not a stalker, or anything, right?
Joel: I'm not a stalker. YOU'RE the one that talked to me, remember?
Clementine: That is the oldest trick in the stalker book.
Joel: Really? There's a stalker book? Great, I gotta read that one.

~ Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Basterd View Post
I WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN! I WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN! I wasn't expecting to be taken this hard by a film at TIFF this year, and I'll gladly admit this in my top 50 favorite films of all time. Richard Ayoade proves Submarine was no fluke (this is NOTHING like Submarine btw), and this stellar talent is one to watch out for. I'll be shocked if anything in 2013 tops this.
Grade: [A+]
Awesome stuff, most the reviews coming out of TIFF have been pretty golden.
Films of the Summer I'll check out: Guardians of the Galaxy, The Expendables 3, The Rover, Lucy, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood, Calvary, Frank, Godzilla, The Raid 2, The LEGO Movie, Under the Skin
Old 12-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
Special Member

Jan 2010

new UK teaser

Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Really phenominal new trailer, really got good vibes for this one, despite the trailer being baffling...

Old 05-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Apr 2011

What garbage. I am so sick of people stealing ideas and getting away with it; not to mention the total lack education on the part of so called "movie fans" who even with the internet at their disposal can't think outside their age birth to discover what was made prior. Maybe it's a lack of ethics as well but at one time this kind of bull would be a court case. This not only has been done so many times before, even on TV, but it mostly harkens back to a Roger Moore film, "The Man Who Haunted Himself"
It's bad enough today's filmmaker are hacks who over use the word homage to cover-up what they are really doing but there doesn't seem to be any respect to what was done well previous so no instead of remakes we have "rebooting", but why do they have to steal?
Then to top it off losers like Jesse Eisenberg, who facial expressions are comprised of a grand total of ONE along with the screen presence of a bottle of Sominex continues to be projected confusing the term moving image!
Really!?!
Isn't there any real creative, respectable filmmakers/writers?

Last edited by ditcin; 05-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

F.Y.I. - It hits On Demand tomorrow.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

I thought it was brilliant, ignore the ramblings of the guy above.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #12

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditcin View Post
What garbage. I am so sick of people stealing ideas and getting away with it; not to mention the total lack education on the part of so called "movie fans" who even with the internet at their disposal can't think outside their age birth to discover what was made prior. Maybe it's a lack of ethics as well but at one time this kind of bull would be a court case. This not only has been done so many times before, even on TV, but it mostly harkens back to a Roger Moore film, "The Man Who Haunted Himself"
It mostly harkens back to "The Double", a novel by russian writer Dostoevsky. It's an adaptation of it, and presented as such. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Thanks given by:
Foggy (05-09-2014)
Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #13
Special Member

Dec 2009
Maryland
Thumbs up

A comic suspense film inspired by an early novella by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Double is set in a claustrophobic and grim world of imprisoning cubicles, shadow-veiled pathways, and apartment buildings as imposing as they are cold and generic: an inhospitable environment in which the human condition is most unwelcome. It is never specified whether this is the near or distant future or even a type of alternate past, but it is not hard to spot the films from which aural and/or visual inspiration is drawn, including Brazil, The Element of Crime, Eraserhead, and Modern Times. This, however, is not a simple game of cataloging allusions and identifying references for an hour and a half. The Double is a grand entertainment with imagination, rage, romance, wit, and a well-conjured, rather literary atmosphere of bureaucratic menace.

The plot turns on Simon James, a woeful introvert who lives alone and is only barely recognized by his colleagues after seven years of employment. He pines for and spies on one of them, Hannah, but his shy nature restrains him from even trying to establish a deeper relationship. His uneventful life is upended when he encounters James Simon, his doppelgänger, an exact physical replica who is no other way resembles Simon himself. James is charming, outgoing, self-indulgent, sly, and prone to womanizing. At first, the two share a certain truce, with Simon helping James excel on a professional level in return for a personal education in confidence and flirtation, but their coexistence grows unstable as James advances. He begins to lord over and abuse Simon before threatening to erase his existence altogether.

Star Jesse Eisenberg has never scored a more rewarding or suitable part than the dual roles of Simon James and James Simon. They give him the rare chance to divide and explore the screen presence he has solidified over the last decade, with Simon representing his ability to play inward and troubled characters defined by their youthful sensitivity (as in The Squid and the Whale) while James calls for the sarcastic short fuse he employed in The Social Network and Now You See Me. He is convincing on both counts, but particularly adept at ushering the audience into the tortured romantic soul of the protagonist. As Hannah, Mia Wasikowska, who I believe may be the most talented of today's up-and-coming stars, is more enchanting than ever and, in a refreshing twist, invited to explore the artistic angst and desire blazing beneath her character's elusive-dream-girl exterior. A veritable who's-who of British, Australian, and American character actors lend aid to the stars in the roles of varying size, including the venerable James Fox as "the Colonel," a patrician-bordering-on-totalitarian figure exerting an unusual power over the society presented in the film, and Noah Taylor, who lands a few ace one-liners as a horny and thorny almost-friend to Simon.

The Double is the second film directed by Richard Ayoade, a British comedian and television star perhaps known best for The IT Crowd, a series with a cult fan base. Between this and his directorial debut, the French New Wave-indebted coming-of-age story Submarine, he has introduced himself as an enthusiastic directorial talent more than capable of standing alongside a peer such as Edgar Wright. It is clear he is a devout student of both popular culture and film form and has a sharp mind overflowing with ideas for set pieces and shot compositions, as well as a genuine respect for characters who might be termed abnormal or outsiders.

A
top five films of 2014 (so far)

1. Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II
2. Boyhood
3. Locke
4. I Origins
5. The Grand Budapest Hotel
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies