Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Mr. Brooks (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Boyhood (Blu-ray)
$14.96
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Knick: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
$4.88
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 05-21-2015, 03:37 AM   #43201

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
(Okay, but in all seriousness, I genuinely want to know what you thought was so bad about her performance in Under the Skin, because I am at a loss for figuring that out. Just the way she switched from the veil of humanity to an inhuman stare wowed me.)
It's hard to explain, but one reason may be that I really dislike her movies. She was okay in that Woody Allen mess and in Her, but I really had a hard time sitting through movies like Avengers, Under the Skin, We Bought a Zoo, Lucy, etc.

Many guys find her very attractive so she gets an instant pass. I don't find her attractive at all, so I base my opinion strictly on performance. I don't find her interesting and her performances seem phoned in.

Just for reference, my favorite two actresses are Sigourney Weaver and Meryl Streep. I also really like Keira Knightley and recently Alicia Vikander.

We just have very different opinions. I also dislike the movie in your avatar picture. I find these type of movies to be tedious, pretentious, Oscar bait, etc.

On the other hand a lot of people think Avatar is Dances With Wolves in space, where I find it this incredibly rich and original movie with a great message.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #43202
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Mad Max (1979) is still the best movie in the franchise. Fury Road is an amazing action film, a masterpiece, same with Road Warrior and even Thunderome has some legendary scenes. But the first movie is something really special to me. I can't even explain it. But it will always have a special place in my heart. So yeah, the first is imo still the best.
Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM   #43203

Apr 2015
The Netherlands

Escape from L.A. is a better, more enjoyable movie than Escape from New York.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #43204
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Hicks View Post
On the other hand a lot of people think Avatar is Dances With Wolves in space, where I find it this incredibly rich and original movie with a great message.
Talk about burying the UO lead.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM   #43205

Apr 2015
Golden State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Hicks View Post
I really don't care what people think about Avatar either. I enjoyed it, thought it created a beautiful world which was enhanced by probably the best 3D to date.
"Define yourself by what you have, value the differences. Make no apologies for what you lack."
- Matt Murdock
Daredevil (Netflix)

#CurryRiddle
2014-2015 MVP
Thanks given by:
OptimusL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM   #43206
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Barbara View Post
I really don't care what people think about Avatar either. I enjoyed it, thought it created a beautiful world which was enhanced by probably the best 3D to date.
Neytiri took tough female character to new heights too, I felt.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #43207
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Utah

I like everything Damon Lindelof has written, that I've seen. Lost, Cowboys and Aliens, Prometheus, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, and Tomorrowland.
My Top 20 Films
1. Spirited Away 2. Princess Mononoke 3. Red Cliff 4. Battle Royale 5. The Dark Knight 6. Beauty and the Beast (1991) 7. Jurassic Park 8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 9. Memories of Murder 10. Seven Samurai 11. Finding Nemo 12. Vertigo 13. Inception 14. Casablanca 15. My Neighbor Totoro 16. The Lion King 17. A Bittersweet Life 18. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 19. Life Is Beautiful 20. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #43208
Special Member

Aug 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Rock View Post
Escape from L.A. is a better, more enjoyable movie than Escape from New York.
"I Aim To Misbehave"
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #43209
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
I like everything Damon Lindelof has written, that I've seen. Lost, Cowboys and Aliens, Prometheus, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, and Tomorrowland.
This thread never ceases to amaze me.
Thanks given by:
SilentDawn (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #43210

Oct 2011

Jackie Chan fight scenes look like WWE. Kevin Smith would have made a great director for him
Old Today, 12:16 AM   #43211

May 2015
United Kingdom

I'm a huge Chris Nolan admirer (love The Prestige and Inception) and an even bigger fan of all things Batman, but I didn't think much of The Dark Knight, and was seriously disappointed by The Dark Knight Rises. Although I do think there were individual moments in The Dark Knight Rises which were better than anything in TDK and BB, overall the Nolan Batman trilogy was a personal letdown. Batman Begins was a decent first instalment, but somehow the smoky, seedy, murky Gotham of BB was never seen again and that was a shame.
I like this one. One dog goes one way and the other goes the other. And this guy’s saying, “Whaddya want from me?” The guy’s got a nice head of white hair. Beautiful. The dog it looks the same.
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #43212
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
I actually agree with all of these, with the exception of Tomorrowland since I haven't seen it.
MOST ANTICIPATED: Knight of Cups, Mockingjay2, Mistress America, Carol, Neon Demon, Personal Shopper, Macbeth, The Lobster, Joy, Steve Jobs, Amy, Dark Places, The Assassin
Old Today, 12:57 AM   #43213
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Lost - Hell yeah! Love that show! (S6 was kinda meh)
Cowboys & Aliens - Liked it enough
Prometheus - Visually spectacular, but didn't care for the story
Star Trek 2 - Loved everything about it
WWZ - Have to watch it, it's in my queue
Tomorrowland - Great story up until the explanation at the end
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies