Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash, Season 3 (iTunes)$29.99
Manchester by the Sea (iTunes)$9.99 Nocturnal Animals (iTunes)$9.99 Doctor Who, Season 5 (iTunes)$24.99
Doctor Who, Season 6, Pts. 1 & 2 (iTunes)$24.99
Arrival (iTunes)$9.99
Doctor Who, Season 8 (iTunes)$29.99
Doctor Who, Season 7, Pts. 1 & 2 (iTunes)$24.99
Unbreakable (iTunes)$9.99
Doctor Who, Season 9 (iTunes)$24.99
The BFG (iTunes)$14.99 Pete's Dragon (iTunes)$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #2921
randian randian is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2010
356
124
97
319
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I keep saying that Copper is Obsolete, and our Infrastructure has to be Fiber. There were three Major Companies that could provide this, but Google dropped out leaving only AT&T and Verizon.
Verizon has pretty much dropped out too, they stopped expanding FIOS years ago and have sold off much of their FIOS assets.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #2922
PenguinMaster PenguinMaster is offline
Power Member
 
PenguinMaster's Avatar
 
May 2009
1509
368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
People are just starting to wake up to the fact that Streaming Video, and a fast Internet Connection are going to be essential.
Neither streaming video nor a fast internet connection are essential. But you can't have streaming video without a fast internet connection so that's what makes streaming video so expensive.
Streaming and downloads are the death of preservation of the arts.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #2923
alchav21 alchav21 is offline
Expert Member
 
alchav21's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
ST George, Utah
1
2
2
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I keep saying that Copper is Obsolete, and our Infrastructure has to be Fiber. There were three Major Companies that could provide this, but Google dropped out leaving only AT&T and Verizon. Now the big hope is Wireless 5g, but that has limitations. We are headed for a Digital Future, but people have to set there Priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Verizon has pretty much dropped out too, they stopped expanding FIOS years ago and have sold off much of their FIOS assets.
You're correct, and I hope Verizon wakes up, they sold some of their Wireline to Frontier. Verizon is in Trials with 5g, hoping this will take the place of their Wireline. Like I said, we are headed for an all Digital World with Streaming Video and Cloud Services. For Business and Home this will require a lot of Bandwidth that only Fiber could accommodate. In my estimation Wireless 5g will just be an interim solution for areas not served by Fiber, and Remote Devices.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #2924
alchav21 alchav21 is offline
Expert Member
 
alchav21's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
ST George, Utah
1
2
2
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
People are just starting to wake up to the fact that Streaming Video, and a fast Internet Connection are going to be essential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
Neither streaming video nor a fast internet connection are essential. But you can't have streaming video without a fast internet connection so that's what makes streaming video so expensive.
Well Penguin I think you hit the nail on the head. Stay with Obsolete Disc and Copper with Slow Internet, or Advance into The Future with Streaming Video and Cloud Services on Fast Fiber!
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #2925
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
8
436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Well Penguin I think you hit the nail on the head. Stay with Obsolete Disc and Copper with Slow Internet, or Advance into The Future with Streaming Video and Cloud Services on Fast Fiber!
See that's just a troll post IMO. There is absolutely nothing obsolete about disc, in fact it will probably outlast Digital HD. Just like CD will probably outlast ITunes MP3 downloads. Not many predicted that now did they?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #2926
Greyman Greyman is online now
Power Member
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Well Penguin I think you hit the nail on the head. Stay with Obsolete Disc and Copper with Slow Internet, or Advance into The Future with Streaming Video and Cloud Services on Fast Fiber!
Copper is not obsolete for millions of people.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 AM.