Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash, Season 3 (iTunes)$29.99
Manchester by the Sea (iTunes)$9.99 Nocturnal Animals (iTunes)$9.99 Doctor Who, Season 5 (iTunes)$24.99
Doctor Who, Season 6, Pts. 1 & 2 (iTunes)$24.99
Arrival (iTunes)$9.99
Doctor Who, Season 8 (iTunes)$29.99
Doctor Who, Season 7, Pts. 1 & 2 (iTunes)$24.99
Unbreakable (iTunes)$9.99
Doctor Who, Season 9 (iTunes)$24.99
The BFG (iTunes)$14.99 Pete's Dragon (iTunes)$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #2921

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I keep saying that Copper is Obsolete, and our Infrastructure has to be Fiber. There were three Major Companies that could provide this, but Google dropped out leaving only AT&T and Verizon.
Verizon has pretty much dropped out too, they stopped expanding FIOS years ago and have sold off much of their FIOS assets.
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #2922
Power Member

May 2009

Quote:
People are just starting to wake up to the fact that Streaming Video, and a fast Internet Connection are going to be essential.
Neither streaming video nor a fast internet connection are essential. But you can't have streaming video without a fast internet connection so that's what makes streaming video so expensive.
Streaming and downloads are the death of preservation of the arts.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #2923
Expert Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
I keep saying that Copper is Obsolete, and our Infrastructure has to be Fiber. There were three Major Companies that could provide this, but Google dropped out leaving only AT&T and Verizon. Now the big hope is Wireless 5g, but that has limitations. We are headed for a Digital Future, but people have to set there Priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Verizon has pretty much dropped out too, they stopped expanding FIOS years ago and have sold off much of their FIOS assets.
You're correct, and I hope Verizon wakes up, they sold some of their Wireline to Frontier. Verizon is in Trials with 5g, hoping this will take the place of their Wireline. Like I said, we are headed for an all Digital World with Streaming Video and Cloud Services. For Business and Home this will require a lot of Bandwidth that only Fiber could accommodate. In my estimation Wireless 5g will just be an interim solution for areas not served by Fiber, and Remote Devices.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #2924
Expert Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
People are just starting to wake up to the fact that Streaming Video, and a fast Internet Connection are going to be essential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
Neither streaming video nor a fast internet connection are essential. But you can't have streaming video without a fast internet connection so that's what makes streaming video so expensive.
Well Penguin I think you hit the nail on the head. Stay with Obsolete Disc and Copper with Slow Internet, or Advance into The Future with Streaming Video and Cloud Services on Fast Fiber!
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #2925
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Well Penguin I think you hit the nail on the head. Stay with Obsolete Disc and Copper with Slow Internet, or Advance into The Future with Streaming Video and Cloud Services on Fast Fiber!
See that's just a troll post IMO. There is absolutely nothing obsolete about disc, in fact it will probably outlast Digital HD. Just like CD will probably outlast ITunes MP3 downloads. Not many predicted that now did they?
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #2926
Power Member

May 2013

Quote:
Copper is not obsolete for millions of people.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies