Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Blacklist: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #1341
eiknarf eiknarf is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
New York
357
12
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
A lot of people on here buy from Amazon, That's why I posted it. I already own it, but lately I've been doing most of my online buying from Best Buy. Amazon and Best Buy, now there's two options.
And don't forget Target. If you have the Red Card, its free Priority shipping. Just like Amazon
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #1342
Early Memphis Early Memphis is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
713
118
3
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
And don't forget Target. If you have the Red Card, its free Priority shipping. Just like Amazon
Absolutely, gotta be Red (+ occasional Bonus discs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Do I want to get into the car and drive to Best Buy to pick up a nice copy or order from amazon.com and have a mutilated copy be delivered in a few days?
Don't why I'm laughing, that is the choice - if the store has it and they haven't mutilated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
A lot of people on here buy from Amazon, That's why I posted it. I already own it, but lately I've been doing most of my online buying from Best Buy. Amazon and Best Buy, now there's two options.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. You often post heads up's and I do appreciate it - big time, pardner.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #1343
slimdude slimdude is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

Rocky was just too predictable for me, to the point that I didn't enjoy it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #1344
DRC72 DRC72 is offline
Active Member
 
DRC72's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Connecticut
46
Send a message via AIM to DRC72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
He's not incontinent. He just has, what you'd call "A relaxed digestive system".

Well they could always have Rocky renew his boxing license,, and have a bout at the nursing home he's staying at. Call it "Geriatric Rocky".
Hitachi 50 Inch Plasma TV 1080p HD
Sony BDP-S7200 - Blu-ray Player
Pioneer Elite AVS-33 - 7.1 Home Theater Receiver
Sony Playstation 3 - Gaming Console
Klipsch SW10 Powered Subwoofer
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #1345
The Prowler The Prowler is offline
Active Member
 
The Prowler's Avatar
 
May 2008
353
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Rocky was just too predictable for me, to the point that I didn't enjoy it.
You're on fire today. Keep 'em coming.
Most wanted.

1. The Tenant. 2. Cruising. 3. After Hours. 4. The Fearless Vampire Killers. 5. American Gigolo. 6. The Brood. 7. Hardcore. 8. Barton Fink. 9. Looking for Mr. Goodbar. 10. Blue Collar. 11. Narc. 12. Midnight Run. 13. The 'Burbs. 14. Phantasm. 15. At Close Range. 16. Ali. 17. Nil by Mouth. 18. The Abyss 19. Mulholland Dr. 20. The Age of Innocence. 21. True Lies. 22. Casualties of War. 23. Panic Room. 24. Short Cuts. 25. Dead Presidents.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (02-16-2015), Blu Myers (02-28-2015), eiknarf (02-15-2015), Sky_Captain (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #1346
Agent Bond Agent Bond is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Agent Bond's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA
192
33
3
Default

Quote:
Do I want to get into the car and drive to Best Buy to pick up a nice copy or order from amazon.com and have a mutilated copy be delivered in a few days?
I would drive, but that's just me.
Suplex City
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #1347
Early Memphis Early Memphis is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
713
118
3
102
Question

I got this when it was on sale and have been considering returning it. So I had a question : since only the first movie has been remastered, what do you guys think the odds are that we'll see a fully remastered set up the road - perhaps after Rocky, the Trainer comes to Blu-ray?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #1348
HeavyHitter HeavyHitter is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
HeavyHitter's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I got this when it was on sale and have been considering returning it. So I had a question : since only the first movie has been remastered, what do you guys think the odds are that we'll see a fully remastered set up the road - perhaps after Rocky, the Trainer comes to Blu-ray?
Hard to say. I think down the road especially if UHD BD succeeds, we'll see new 4K scans but I think the sequels are solid, minimally processed, AVC encoded 2K scans and Balboa just looks excellent. I am very happy with the set for the $20 I paid.

Also, while remastered Rocky stems from a 4k scan in this set and is a general overall improvement over the original disc, it is not a 'huge' improvement either. It could be largely because of how the movie was shot, but also because it doesn't seem as if they went back to the original negative. So, I wouldn't expect the remasters to look that much better if you know what I mean. They would probably just re-scan the existing IPs which seemed to be the case for the first movie.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub

Last edited by HeavyHitter; 02-28-2015 at 10:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #1349
Dylan34 Dylan34 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dylan34's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Houston, TX
391
138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
Hard to say. I think down the road especially if UHD BD succeeds, we'll see new 4K scans but I think the sequels are solid, minimally processed, AVC encoded 2K scans and Balboa just looks excellent. I am very happy with the set for the $20 I paid.

Also, while remastered Rocky stems from a 4k scan in this set and is a general overall improvement over the original disc, it is not a 'huge' improvement either. It could be largely because of how the movie was shot, but also because it doesn't seem as if they went back to the original negative. So, I wouldn't expect the remasters to look that much better if you know what I mean. They would probably just re-scan the existing IPs which seemed to be the case for the first movie.
It was scanned from an IP from what I understand but detail is much improved on the 4K remaster. Just my opinion though. Grain looks better overall as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #1350
HeavyHitter HeavyHitter is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
HeavyHitter's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan34 View Post
It was scanned from an IP from what I understand but detail is much improved on the 4K remaster. Just my opinion though. Grain looks better overall as well.
Grain definitely looks better, more natural, and tighter. I thought detail was somewhat improved, but when you compare it to something The Terminator which got an all-out, full scale restoration from the original negative, detail improvement became significantly better in that case which is what I think of as "a lot". However, the Rocky detail improvement I think, in part, simply came from re-encoding it from MPEG-2 to AVC as well as the re-scanning. I do like the new color timing, as well. Either way, I think the remastered Rocky is definitely worth the improvement.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub

Last edited by HeavyHitter; 03-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 PM.