COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$91.78
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.79
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Old 09-14-2014, 03:22 AM   #1021
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akijama View Post
Petitions are useless, and Don May never never indicated that he is not interested in doing Brain Damage.
Which is why I suggested people ask Second Sight about an upgrade, as any BD would only be from either them or Synapse anyway.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #1022
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Which is why I suggested people ask Second Sight about an upgrade, as any BD would only be from either them or Synapse anyway.
Arrow will probably just wait for Synapse to do all the legwork on transfer and just licence it from them. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:03 AM   #1023
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
If Synapse can't do a BD of Brain Damage, I guess we should start to petition Criterion. Critics like the movie, audiences like the movie. It's beautifully shot. Why not?
He CAN do it..I asked him about Brain Damage not too long ago and he said that he was open to doing a blu ray release. He could do it anytime he wants. He has bigger priorities, namely the Argento titles and the mystery title
Old 09-14-2014, 05:06 AM   #1024
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
He CAN do it..I asked him about Brain Damage not too long ago and he said that he was open to doing a blu ray release. He could do it anytime he wants. He has bigger priorities, namely the Argento titles and the mystery title
Maybe I should have put it another way. I meant won't at the moment.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #1025
Suspended

Jan 2013
UK, south

Quote:
Sweeney Todd, Little Shop, Rocky, Shocky, Phantom of the Paradise, etc.
Ah, horror musicals. Yeah, those would make sense
Old 09-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #1026
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
When I asked Don if they'd be doing a BD for Thriller, he said something along the lines of, "We're never working with the director again." I think that rules out any of his films.
Ah, I feared Don would feel like that. Vibenius has a really bad rep, and there was a lot of fuss with him back when Synapse released Thriller on DVD. IIRC he basically accused them of releasing a bootleg.

A couple of years back the national Swedish film museum, I believe, also wanted to show one of his films, and he blocked it, only after they had announced the event and spent money to promote it and him.

A Swedish DVD company also tried to negotiate with him to release the films locally but supposedly found him impossible to work with. Rumor has it he thinks his films are worth a fortune. Guess he suffers of what you could call the 'misunderstood genius syndrome'.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 09-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #1027
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Maybe I should have put it another way. I meant won't at the moment.
No worries.. but yeah, not at the moment but it can be done !
Old 09-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #1028
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
Ah, horror musicals. Yeah, those would make sense
Forgot Cannibal and South Park. Meaning of Life is a musical in some degree.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #1029

Apr 2013
Default Synapse's Mystery Title

With the hint in this thread about the mystery title, could Synapse have licensed Funeral Home? It's never had a non-bootleg DVD, laser disc, or Blu -Ray release. It's only had a VHS release. Also, it's from the Canadian tax shelter era and it might generate interest from Synapse since Curtains and Prom Night seem to be selling very well.
My Most Wanted Blu Ray announcements: 1) Fright (1971) 2) Superstition 3) Blood Rage 4) Sleepaway Camp 2 5) The Prey 6) Blood Beach 7) The Mutilator 8) Screams of a Winter Night 9) Silent Madness 10) Alone in the Dark-1982 11) The Legend of Boggy Creek 12) Funeral Home 13) Next of Kin 1982 14) Savage Weekend 15) Hell Night
*List not in ordinal rank
Thanks given by:
PowellPressburger (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #1030
Power Member

Feb 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Hugh View Post
I am serious.

And don't call me Shirley.
The Ghostbusters earned their Stripes and to relax decided to go play golf, but got locked in the Caddyshack by the Gopher with The Blues Brothers who are hiding from a Dragnet but luckily they all escaped to The Great Outdoors, where they met a ranger who turned out to be The Man Who Knew Too Little because everything he said was Lost In Translation.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors