Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Knocked Up (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's just a collection of existing releases, they're not going to go through the trouble of re-doing the discs.
I know, but sometimes you have to look on the optimistic side for this
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #22

Jul 2011

Not on this set, but if you're not watching "Halloween is Grinch Night" every October you're missing out.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
$50 bucks for a 5 disc set which totals 132 minutes, ouch. They just shouldve made a 1 disc set with that much content
so by that rational thought...'Trip to the Moon' that a lot of people went nuts for when it was released earlier this year (myself included) paid almost $40 for a 15 minute film. So I should ask them to give me the 1980's extended dance mix of the classic film so I get a longer film for my money. Hmmm yeah, I'll judge a price for a box set, film, etc by how many minutes it is
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I highly doubt this will be $50 when it's actually released.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #25

Jan 2011
OHIO
Default re-doing of the discs

Quote:
It's just a collection of existing releases, they're not going to go through the trouble of re-doing the discs.
Actually based on the listed details the blu rays discs , the BLu ray discs are different than the origional stand alone blus..

It appears they have redone the discs to some extemt.

For example the
Lorax blu ray /dvd pack has Pontoffel Pock AND Butter Battle Book.
The Cat and The Hat blu ray /dvd pack has Daisy HEad Mayzie and hoober-bloob Highway
Horton Hears a who blu ray /dvd pack has Butter Battle Book Daisy Head Mayzie.

Based on the listed details the NEW blu rays discs they have removed the repeated bonus features (same feature appearing on multiple discs), which make it look like new discs were pressed.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBerning View Post
Actually based on the listed details the blu rays discs , the BLu ray discs are different than the origional stand alone blus..

It appears they have redone the discs to some extemt.

For example the
Lorax blu ray /dvd pack has Pontoffel Pock AND Butter Battle Book.
The Cat and The Hat blu ray /dvd pack has Daisy HEad Mayzie and hoober-bloob Highway
Horton Hears a who blu ray /dvd pack has Butter Battle Book Daisy Head Mayzie.

Based on the listed details the NEW blu rays discs they have removed the repeated bonus features (same feature appearing on multiple discs), which make it look like new discs were pressed.
Strange that there was so much overlap but are you sure that they've actually deleted the overlapped features? The picture says that it includes the Deluxe editions of the movies, which led me to believe it's just the existing deluxe editions put into one set. Is there another source beside the pic in the op that breaks down the discs?

Blu-ray.com's news announcement about the set also says that it's likely a bundle of the existing releases.

Quote:
No technical specifications or additional special features have been announced, but every indication we've received thus far indicates that this is simply a bundle collecting the five previously released Dr. Seuss specials already available on Blu-ray:

Last edited by MifuneFan; 11-13-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #27

Jan 2011
OHIO
Default deleted the overlapped features ??

Quote:
Strange that there was so much overlap but are you sure that they've actually deleted the overlapped features? The picture says that it includes the Deluxe editions of the movies, which led me to believe it's just the existing deluxe editions put into one set. Is there another source beside the pic in the op that breaks down the discs?

Blu-ray.com's news announcement about the set also says that it's likely a bundle of the existing releases.
If I had to guess, they will probably not delete the overlapped features and use the exact discs. The only souce I know of is that photo.
So , I doubt they have redone any of this discs, now that I think about it.

This appears to simply be a repackage of the BLus and the DVDs separately.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Hmmm... I may pick this up when it comes out, even though I just recently over-paid for the Grinch! LOL I don't have the rest, so it will be worth it.

I do agree, though, that 5 discs is overkill, even if they are the existing discs repackaged. For content as relatively short as this, one disc should have been more than enough... 2 tops.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
Special Member

Apr 2008

Has anyone purchased this? I'm curious if your copy came with an Ultraviolet version. I finally opened mine up after months of sitting on my shelf and it doesn't.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #30

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSquirreL View Post
so by that rational thought...'Trip to the Moon' that a lot of people went nuts for when it was released earlier this year (myself included) paid almost $40 for a 15 minute film. So I should ask them to give me the 1980's extended dance mix of the classic film so I get a longer film for my money. Hmmm yeah, I'll judge a price for a box set, film, etc by how many minutes it is
In that case, the set did have two versions of A Trip to the Moon, a few more Melies films, and the feature-length documentary.

These repackagings are obnoxious, though. If not for the inflated price, the waste of materials is worse. You can put 5 hours of 1.33:1 content on a BD-50!

Last edited by Egbert Souse; 11-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
dr. seuss