Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Knocked Up (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #21
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's just a collection of existing releases, they're not going to go through the trouble of re-doing the discs.
I know, but sometimes you have to look on the optimistic side for this
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
JuntMonkey JuntMonkey is offline
Member
 
Jul 2011
Default

Not on this set, but if you're not watching "Halloween is Grinch Night" every October you're missing out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
DetroitSquirreL DetroitSquirreL is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DetroitSquirreL's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA
529
122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
$50 bucks for a 5 disc set which totals 132 minutes, ouch. They just shouldve made a 1 disc set with that much content
so by that rational thought...'Trip to the Moon' that a lot of people went nuts for when it was released earlier this year (myself included) paid almost $40 for a 15 minute film. So I should ask them to give me the 1980's extended dance mix of the classic film so I get a longer film for my money. Hmmm yeah, I'll judge a price for a box set, film, etc by how many minutes it is
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #24
Edword Edword is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
230
69
80
Default

I highly doubt this will be $50 when it's actually released.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #25
JJBerning JJBerning is offline
Member
 
JJBerning's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
OHIO
144
1
Default re-doing of the discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's just a collection of existing releases, they're not going to go through the trouble of re-doing the discs.
Actually based on the listed details the blu rays discs , the BLu ray discs are different than the origional stand alone blus..

It appears they have redone the discs to some extemt.

For example the
Lorax blu ray /dvd pack has Pontoffel Pock AND Butter Battle Book.
The Cat and The Hat blu ray /dvd pack has Daisy HEad Mayzie and hoober-bloob Highway
Horton Hears a who blu ray /dvd pack has Butter Battle Book Daisy Head Mayzie.

Based on the listed details the NEW blu rays discs they have removed the repeated bonus features (same feature appearing on multiple discs), which make it look like new discs were pressed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
282
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBerning View Post
Actually based on the listed details the blu rays discs , the BLu ray discs are different than the origional stand alone blus..

It appears they have redone the discs to some extemt.

For example the
Lorax blu ray /dvd pack has Pontoffel Pock AND Butter Battle Book.
The Cat and The Hat blu ray /dvd pack has Daisy HEad Mayzie and hoober-bloob Highway
Horton Hears a who blu ray /dvd pack has Butter Battle Book Daisy Head Mayzie.

Based on the listed details the NEW blu rays discs they have removed the repeated bonus features (same feature appearing on multiple discs), which make it look like new discs were pressed.
Strange that there was so much overlap but are you sure that they've actually deleted the overlapped features? The picture says that it includes the Deluxe editions of the movies, which led me to believe it's just the existing deluxe editions put into one set. Is there another source beside the pic in the op that breaks down the discs?

Blu-ray.com's news announcement about the set also says that it's likely a bundle of the existing releases.

Quote:
No technical specifications or additional special features have been announced, but every indication we've received thus far indicates that this is simply a bundle collecting the five previously released Dr. Seuss specials already available on Blu-ray:

Last edited by MifuneFan; 11-13-2012 at 05:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
JJBerning JJBerning is offline
Member
 
JJBerning's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
OHIO
144
1
Default deleted the overlapped features ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Strange that there was so much overlap but are you sure that they've actually deleted the overlapped features? The picture says that it includes the Deluxe editions of the movies, which led me to believe it's just the existing deluxe editions put into one set. Is there another source beside the pic in the op that breaks down the discs?

Blu-ray.com's news announcement about the set also says that it's likely a bundle of the existing releases.
If I had to guess, they will probably not delete the overlapped features and use the exact discs. The only souce I know of is that photo.
So , I doubt they have redone any of this discs, now that I think about it.

This appears to simply be a repackage of the BLus and the DVDs separately.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
Dynamo of Eternia Dynamo of Eternia is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
670
1031
1
Default

Hmmm... I may pick this up when it comes out, even though I just recently over-paid for the Grinch! LOL I don't have the rest, so it will be worth it.

I do agree, though, that 5 discs is overkill, even if they are the existing discs repackaged. For content as relatively short as this, one disc should have been more than enough... 2 tops.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
Blu-News Blu-News is offline
Special Member
 
Blu-News's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
371
1
190
Default

Has anyone purchased this? I'm curious if your copy came with an Ultraviolet version. I finally opened mine up after months of sitting on my shelf and it doesn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #30
Egbert Souse Egbert Souse is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2011
224
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSquirreL View Post
so by that rational thought...'Trip to the Moon' that a lot of people went nuts for when it was released earlier this year (myself included) paid almost $40 for a 15 minute film. So I should ask them to give me the 1980's extended dance mix of the classic film so I get a longer film for my money. Hmmm yeah, I'll judge a price for a box set, film, etc by how many minutes it is
In that case, the set did have two versions of A Trip to the Moon, a few more Melies films, and the feature-length documentary.

These repackagings are obnoxious, though. If not for the inflated price, the waste of materials is worse. You can put 5 hours of 1.33:1 content on a BD-50!

Last edited by Egbert Souse; 11-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
dr. seuss

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.