COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Protector 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which are you going to buy?
Demons Limited Steelbook 165 47.28%
Demons 2 Limited Steelbook 135 38.68%
Waiting for Demons standard release 178 51.00%
Waiting for Demons 2 standard release 133 38.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #1941
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
Honestly, I really don't get why 2 gets as much flack as it does. Admittedly I do prefer the first one, but it's not a large drop-off between the two by any means...
Same here. I agree part 1 is better, but Demons 2 is a lot of Midnite Movie fun in itself. I just love how over the top Sally is! I swear I don't understand how she had any friends to invite to her party.

I think many who bought part 1 but not part 2 should rethink not owning it. ESP if they miss out. Both are great BLUs.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 07-13-2014, 04:08 AM   #1942

Nov 2013
Duluth, MN

I love both 1 and 2 equally, and honestly, I'd even go so far as to say that I maaaaaay enjoy some aspects of 2 even more.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #1943

May 2011
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxerunner View Post
Ordered both. I wonder how many copies are left?
As of 7/1/14, it was less than 150 of Demons and less than 500 for Demons 2.
R.I.P DVDSpot
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #1944

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

So I finally decide to pull the trigger and buy both and now the screen just hangs after clicking confirm payment and after a minute or so, an error. I tried it four times and there's no reason on my end that it shouldn't go through.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #1945
Power Member

Feb 2013
The Ocean State

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw1719 View Post
So I finally decide to pull the trigger and buy both and now the screen just hangs after clicking confirm payment and after a minute or so, an error. I tried it four times and there's no reason on my end that it shouldn't go through.
I know I had this happen to me on a site once not too far back, no final order confirmation page. The order went through none the less though. I believe it may have been Diabolik, but it could have been Synapse. I would check your email and bank account or credit card in order that you don't get billed multiple times. Even if the final page doesn't load, it's always possible the transaction could still get submitted to the bank.
Thanks given by:
JLaw1719 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #1946
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
You might want to give them a call on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films
Also, just a reminder. Our bank, when doing maintenance at weird hours, may have trouble approving some perfectly valid folks' credit cards. This seems to happen to a lot of folks that try to use our shopping cart later at night. We're working to find a better solution but if this happens to you (and you know your card should not have any issues), just give Jerry Chandler a call in the office at 734-494-3502 starting tomorrow. He's usually in from 10:30am-4pm weekdays and he can manually take your credit card orders over the phone, if you'd rather do it that way.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Synap...l_comments=100
Thanks given by:
JLaw1719 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #1947

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
I know I had this happen to me on a site once not too far back, no final order confirmation page. The order went through none the less though. I believe it may have been Diabolik, but it could have been Synapse. I would check your email and bank account or credit card in order that you don't get billed multiple times. Even if the final page doesn't load, it's always possible the transaction could still get submitted to the bank.
Yeah for sure, I always worry about that and keep an eye on things when these things don't go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
You might want to give them a call on Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Synap...l_comments=100
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to do that.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #1948

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

I tried again and it went through this time. I'll just have to make sure I only get charged once.

On the pricey side of course and I hate that $12 of the almost $92 order was just for shipping and handling, but I'm glad I finally got around to getting these. I cut it kind of close, but once I saw that there were less than 150 left of Demons 12 days ago which likely means there's a 100 or less now, I had to do it. No reason not to grab Demons 2 as well. I knew I'd regret it soon otherwise.

It's really those comparisons to the Arrow releases that were a major push. It looks like this transfer smashes those ones.

I'm a crazy horror fan and I'm wiling to pay a premium for a good package I suppose. If people are willing to shell out $35 for Twilight Time releases, what's another $10 for releases like these?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #1949
Expert Member

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
I tried again and it went through this time. I'll just have to make sure I only get charged once.

On the pricey side of course and I hate that $12 of the almost $92 order was just for shipping and handling, but I'm glad I finally got around to getting these. I cut it kind of close, but once I saw that there were less than 150 left of Demons 12 days ago which likely means there's a 100 or less now, I had to do it. No reason not to grab Demons 2 as well. I knew I'd regret it soon otherwise.

It's really those comparisons to the Arrow releases that were a major push. It looks like this transfer smashes those ones.

I'm a crazy horror fan and I'm wiling to pay a premium for a good package I suppose. If people are willing to shell out $35 for Twilight Time releases, what's another $10 for releases like these?
I appreciate TT for releasing back catalogue titles, but that's all they do, for the most part. Synapse on the other hand, went for an all out audio and video restoration of these film.
Drink up, Mr. innocent. Drink. Everybody's innocent here. There's only one guilty party...and that's me.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #1950

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
I appreciate TT for releasing back catalogue titles, but that's all they do, for the most part. Synapse on the other hand, went for an all out audio and video restoration of these film.
Same here.

I was just reading about the whole restoration process for these on their site. Fascinating stuff and a lot of hard work. I'm sure that this late in the game, it is all old news, but for others, check it out: http://synapse-films.com/news/a-demo...elease-update/
Old 07-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #1951

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Finally got around to watching the first film this weekend and I was blown away by how the video presentation looked. Synapse did a really great job on it, it looks like it was filmed yesterday! I've seen plenty of newer films with higher budgets look worse than this blu.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #1952

Nov 2007
Los Angeles

I just received my order of both films and sadly my BD of Demons 2 arrived cracked. Does anybody have a email to contact them about that, or will the generic "contact us" form on their site suffice?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #1953
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I just received my order of both films and sadly my BD of Demons 2 arrived cracked. Does anybody have a email to contact them about that, or will the generic "contact us" form on their site suffice?
Use their Contact Us form you should be in good hands :-)
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 07-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #1954

Oct 2012
South of Heaven

I was having similar issues trying to order direct, ended up calling Jerry last week and got mine today. Super fast and Jerry was really cool on the phone. Even though I was skeptical on picking these up at the price point, I ended up giving in before it was too late!
my lucky number is none. my favorite color is dead.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America