Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Krampus (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm: RaVager (Blu-ray)
$17.99
It (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$52.99
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (Blu-ray)
$21.49
Jeepers Creepers (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Johnny Guitar (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-31-2015, 03:02 AM   #261
Special Member

Sep 2009
Florida

Does True Romance have the transfer from the French Blu or is it the same shitty ass US disc?
Old 12-31-2015, 04:11 AM   #262
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Does True Romance have the transfer from the French Blu or is it the same shitty ass US disc?
Without owning or ever having seen inside this set I can say with 100% certainty it is the same old crappy US disc. Had it been a better transfer, it would've been mentioned by now.
This did make me check caps-a-holic, and the German (or Dutch) Tarantino set has the same transfer as the French BD.

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 12-31-2015 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #263

Sep 2014

I bought this set when it was first released and had watched most of them except Inglorious Basterds. I went to rectify this the other day and discovered to my horror that the disc had a huge scratch in it!!!

Of course it causes the disc to stutter at a point in the film. I could just rebuy this one title (having given away my original when I bought the set) but I would like one that matches my set's artwork.

Does anyone know who I could email? Does it matter that I'm in Canada (bought it at COSTCO)? While I'm bummed that I got a scratched disc, I understand that it's well beyond a reasonable time and I don't expect anyone to believe that I didn't cause the scratch.

I'll pony up if someone can help me figure out who I write to..
Old 01-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #264
Special Member

Sep 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
I bought this set when it was first released and had watched most of them except Inglorious Basterds. I went to rectify this the other day and discovered to my horror that the disc had a huge scratch in it!!!

Of course it causes the disc to stutter at a point in the film. I could just rebuy this one title (having given away my original when I bought the set) but I would like one that matches my set's artwork.

Does anyone know who I could email? Does it matter that I'm in Canada (bought it at COSTCO)? While I'm bummed that I got a scratched disc, I understand that it's well beyond a reasonable time and I don't expect anyone to believe that I didn't cause the scratch.

I'll pony up if someone can help me figure out who I write to..
Yeah, I'm sure you'd like a match, but you could get this in your amazon.ca marketplace new for less than ten bucks. Personally, I'd rather have that than extra aggravation, but you could always try somebody here:

https://www.lionsgate.com/corporate/contact/

and then try to get customer service from there. Whenever I have asked for replacements, no matter the studio, I've always gotten them...
Thanks given by:
crutzulee (01-06-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 03:19 AM   #265

Oct 2015
MD

I see that there's another Tarantino collection on Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/Quentin-Tarantino-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00U1QGJBM/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1453349810&sr=1-1&keywords=tarantino

Apparently this is a Canadian release; does anyone know if there would be any differences as far as transfer quality goes compared to the US releases?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:22 AM   #266
Special Member

Aug 2008
San Fransokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozilla View Post
I see that there's another Tarantino collection on Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/Quentin-Tarantino-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00U1QGJBM/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1453349810&sr=1-1&keywords=tarantino

Apparently this is a Canadian release; does anyone know if there would be any differences as far as transfer quality goes compared to the US releases?
It doesn't seem to have the two Bonus discs, that came with the first red box. It looks movie only Edition...
JackKnight_Starman Profiler List
Mitsubishi WD65835 65" DLP RPTV
Oppo BDP-93
Onkyo TX-SR609 A/V Reciever

" You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on." President George W. Bush, 2001
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America