COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.92
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #301
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Was watching this tonight. I have some pretty good 5.1 surround headphones and this soundtrack is just incredible, the leaking, creaking, etc. of the ship makes it feel like you are on board.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #302

Aug 2010

I just picked up the cheap (5 bucks) single disc version and I am mad....mad that I have waited so long to see such a great movie and have bought such an obvious inferior quality in every way.

No extras (cept for commentary) and shorter version. lol

My feeling is this. I really loved U571 for look and sound and I am a fan of the actors....but it is such an inferior movie in so many way. While it goes faster...and delivers a lot of feeling, it doesn't stack up.

Das Boot builds slowly. I kept thinking...all the character development is kind of lame. The guys are kinda lame, even the attacks are kind of lame. But then it just grows and grows. These ordinary people become people you love. With every moment that passes you start feeling it with them. One avalanche of depth charges go to more...more more... You get a Captain seemingly sociopath to understable... With time that I felt was agony gave way to need to see more. I kept thinking what is next what is next!!

Then that ending... Now I have to get the 2 disc version for the extras and then go get that Uncut version to be amazed again. I want more.

This was a great film.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #303
Power Member

Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area

Picked up the OOP 2-disc version with slipcover for $10 shipped from a member here last week. Looking forward to finally watching this for the first time!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #304

Jun 2011
Northern Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
this soundtrack is just incredible, the leaking, creaking, etc. of the ship makes it feel like you are on board.
Absolutely. I found myself ducking the first time I watched it to avoid being hit by those blown pressure bolts!
"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." 2001: A Space Odyssey
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America