COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.92
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #301
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
I watched Puppet Masters and I thought it was great ! One of my favorite double feature Blu Rays !
I bought this FOR Puppet Masters. Thought its highly underrated, Sutherland is great.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #302
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I bought this FOR Puppet Masters. Thought its highly underrated, Sutherland is great.
Agreed....originally I bought it Deep Rising but Puppet Masters was just as good for different reasons, so it was a winner winner sci fi dinner !
It great when you love both films on a double feature disc !
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #303
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Agreed....originally I bought it Deep Rising but Puppet Masters was just as good for different reasons, so it was a winner winner sci fi dinner !
It great when you love both films on a double feature disc !
And I just got another double. Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry/Race With The Devil. Seen the second as a kid, never saw the first. Hope I like it, sounds like I will from the reviews. And I like Deep Rising too, not enough to by but I'll check it out again, its a good movie.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #304
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Deep Rising - for me its the cool Rob Bottin designed monster - its a bit tongue in cheek but it works for me. I was into the characters - the story just clicked with me , but the monster was the main selling point for me. Im heavily into monster movies
Old 08-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #305
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Deep Rising - for me its the cool Rob Bottin designed monster - its a bit tongue in cheek but it works for me. I was into the characters - the story just clicked with me , but the monster was the main selling point for me. Im heavily into monster movies
Me too. Speaking of which, I wish that Godzilla Final Wars was available. And have you checked out The Host?

and Sector 7?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #306
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Me too. Speaking of which, I wish that Godzilla Final Wars was available. And have you checked out The Host?

and Sector 7?

What is this movie about?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #307
Banned

Oct 2012

I would get this just for deep rising I've watched it many times on tv I'm even watching it right now as I write this on the movie channel xtra HD. Now the puppet master idk I never seen or heard of the movie but the but the idea of aliens taking over people's bodies reminds me of the movies the host and invasion of the body snatchers
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #308
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Puppet Masters does seem pretty generic now, though it was much more original when it was first written (in 1951; Finny's Invasion of the The Body Snatchers was published in 1954).

The movie version itself plays as a pretty mundane made-for-TV adaptation. I was content to watch it out of curiosity, but I doubt I'll give it another spin any time soon. I bought this for Deep Rising, and while I would have liked to see it get a fuller treatment, I'm just glad it got to Blu-ray at all.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #309
Special Member

Aug 2012
Chapel Hill, NC

I got the double feature on ebay a couple of months ago for like 4.50.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #310
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

Is it true that Deep Rising is edited? A review on Amazon states it is missing the entire scene where Famke Jansen is introduced is skipped. It skips right to where she is breaking in the safe.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #311

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
Is it true that Deep Rising is edited? A review on Amazon states it is missing the entire scene where Famke Jansen is introduced is skipped. It skips right to where she is breaking in the safe.
Not true. She is introduced in the main ballroom, sipping champagne and taking the captains key card.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 AM   #312
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by donidarko View Post
Not true. She is introduced in the main ballroom, sipping champagne and taking the captains key card.
Awesome! Thanks I will buy then!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #313
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Unfortunately, the review you read demonstrates why we all need to be wary of putting too much credence in info that's posted on Amazon. As donidarko said, the Blu-ray hasn't been edited not at all sure what was going on with the Amazon poster's copy.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #314
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Unfortunately, the review you read demonstrates why we all need to be wary of putting too much credence in info that's posted on Amazon. As donidarko said, the Blu-ray hasn't been edited not at all sure what was going on with the Amazon poster's copy.
To that end Anne Rice has started a petition for Amazon to require real names on reviews. This is because of the massive amount of hateful, spiteful reviews on the website by those that are anonymous. It has gotten really bad, these trolls go on and are just vicious and seem to delight in making authors upset. And there are those naive enough to believe the reviews.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 AM   #315
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

Quote:
To that end Anne Rice has started a petition for Amazon to require real names on reviews. This is because of the massive amount of hateful, spiteful reviews on the website by those that are anonymous. It has gotten really bad, these trolls go on and are just vicious and seem to delight in making authors upset. And there are those naive enough to believe the reviews.
I don't blame her. I hate Amazon for that. I just wanted to be on the safe side with this and asked here because I trust the posters.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #316

Jun 2012
Ontario, Canada

Both films look really good on blu. I was actually really surprised. So far all the double feature blus from Mill Creek I've purchased look near excellent. Happy Birthday to Me and When a Stranger Calls also look quite gorgeous. Color of Night is a decent upgrade over the atrocious DVD but doesn't look very good but Playing God is a very nice upgrade.

PQ:

Deep Rising- 4/5

Puppet Masters- 4/5

I won't bother with AQ as my system isn't stellar in that department but I will say they both sound crisp and clean.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #317
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
I don't blame her. I hate Amazon for that. I just wanted to be on the safe side with this and asked here because I trust the posters.
Just hiring someone to delete / reroute all the "I ordered from you two weeks ago and my item has not arrived!" comments intended for Marketplace users would be a huge improvement...
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 07-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #318

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
Just hiring someone to delete / reroute all the "I ordered from you two weeks ago and my item has not arrived!" comments intended for Marketplace users would be a huge improvement...
I know what you mean. I'd even volunteer my services to Amazon in return for store credit

I was looking at the reviews for Injustice for PS4 today because it was on sale for so cheap and I wanted to make sure it was worth it to upgrade. There was a 1 star review written by someone and the only reason they gave it 1 star was because the game isn't out on XBox One. Ridiculous.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #319

Feb 2009
Green River

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarewelltotheFlesh View Post
Both films look really good on blu. I was actually really surprised. So far all the double feature blus from Mill Creek I've purchased look near excellent. Happy Birthday to Me and When a Stranger Calls also look quite gorgeous. Color of Night is a decent upgrade over the atrocious DVD but doesn't look very good but Playing God is a very nice upgrade.

PQ:

Deep Rising- 4/5

Puppet Masters- 4/5

I won't bother with AQ as my system isn't stellar in that department but I will say they both sound crisp and clean.
I dunno, Deep Rising looks bad, really bad. I actually had an HD broadcast that looked better but I deleted it thinking the Blu had to be superior
Old 07-21-2014, 02:21 AM   #320
Special Member

Feb 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
They should leave the amazon reviews as they are...they are my primary form of online entertainment.

The Batman TV series Blu-ray already has 17 reviews...including a couple of 1 star reviews for price gouging.

You can't buy that kind of comic idiocy from Netflix .

If amazon reviews ever start making sense, I won't have any reason to read them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America