Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
14 hrs ago
Dietrich & von Sternberg in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$85.62
12 hrs ago
Life (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$18.31

Early Man (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$30.37
14 hrs ago
Game Night (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Eaten Alive! (Blu-ray)
$15.49

The Leftovers: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$9.96

A Matter of Life and Death (Blu-ray)
$30.37
16 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #601
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello_02 View Post
i think this is the regular version. not the coffee book version.

just re-watched it the other night. such a great movie. im not an expert on pq but thought it couldve been a tad bit better in some spots.
oh, I didn't know there were two versions. this one says postcards so i thought it might be the limited one.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #602
Power Member

Aug 2008

It clearly states "Plain Edition" - but that doesn't matter, really. The Limited Edition "Coffee Book" had the same price at it's release. That one can still be found on ebay, as well, and for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
oh, I didn't know there were two versions. this one says postcards so i thought it might be the limited one.
"I thought I'd lived a simple life. But I've sinned too much.."
Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #603

Aug 2011

sorry to bring up an old thread, was wondering how long has the amaray been oop. There were copies on ebay, and then it went up in price
Old 04-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #604
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage View Post
sorry to bring up an old thread, was wondering how long has the amaray been oop. There were copies on ebay, and then it went up in price
As far as I know, it isn't. That $999 listing is a mistake, for sure.

P.S - Bring up old threads any time. Not everyone has seen them, or read through them. If it isn't locked, it's fair game.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #605

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Shroud View Post
really because its sold out everywhere else cant find it
Old 04-26-2015, 01:12 AM   #606
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012
Denmark

I'll sell my minty copy for $800
Old 04-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #607
Power Member

Dec 2009
-
-

With Content Zone out of business it has to be OOP. I used to have the cciffee book edition but was never that fond of it. Sold it and finally replaced it with the standard version a few months ago when I noticed the copies were almost gone. At one point there were plenty on ebay and I grabbed it from the only reasonably priced seller that was left.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #608
Special Member

Dec 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Shroud View Post
Not so sure. That's the same seller who wanted $499 for "Miss Granny" awhile back.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #609
Power Member

Dec 2009
-
-

That listing says 'no stock now'. Not sure why they don't just close it but I'm guessing the price is to ward people off ordering.

They did put the price up to around $80 - 90 when they only had a few left though.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #610
Special Member

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

I always really wanted this movie on Blu but didn't want to cough up the dough for it, I'm still clinging onto the hope that it will get a UK release at some point.

I've asked Arrow Video and they said "Never say never" so maybe it will get released here at some point, I will stick to my theatrical dvd version till then...
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #611
Power Member

Aug 2014
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydavey View Post
I always really wanted this movie on Blu but didn't want to cough up the dough for it, I'm still clinging onto the hope that it will get a UK release at some point.

I've asked Arrow Video and they said "Never say never" so maybe it will get released here at some point, I will stick to my theatrical dvd version till then...
When it was on DVD i think Tartan released it so I'm not sure who will release it?
Old 04-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #612
Power Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage View Post
really because its sold out everywhere else cant find it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGW View Post
Not so sure. That's the same seller who wanted $499 for "Miss Granny" awhile back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
With Content Zone out of business it has to be OOP. I used to have the cciffee book edition but was never that fond of it. Sold it and finally replaced it with the standard version a few months ago when I noticed the copies were almost gone. At one point there were plenty on ebay and I grabbed it from the only reasonably priced seller that was left.
I stand corrected. I did say "as far as I know" - and clearly, I didn't know. I had no idea Content Zone is no more, but it obviously makes sense this Blu is OOP. What a shame...such a brilliant film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydavey View Post

Honestly, it was $30 on ebay for the longest time. If any film is worth $30, it's this one. I understand it seems like a lot of money, but waiting for something that may or may not happen, and missing out on it while it's readily available (over a few bucks) just doesn't make much sense, imo. Don't get me wrong, I have held off on purchasing things in the past, and I did end up spending 3-4 times the original price because I had to have it. I won't even tell you what i spent on the first 10 digipacks in the CJ Entertainment line...

I learned from my own mistakes, and now simply buy them before they're gone. The resale value on this type of release is excellent, so even if you don't like it...you won't be losing money.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #613
Special Member

Mar 2009
UK

... i bought a new standard edition of this a few months back. don't normally double-dip, but there are one or two K films from the past ten years i used some paypal balance on BDs for, after having had them on DVDs since their original release. used to be very commonplace for K discs to disappear, but these days i'm not so sure they do with enough frequency to make people jump on them at the earliest opportunity as i once felt lots of people would do.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #614
Power Member

Aug 2014
London, UK

I saw the coffee book on sale for 70 not long ago but not a good seller i bought something off him and he refunded me the next day without and comment and I have 100% feedback
Old 12-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #615

May 2011

Is the Nova Media Edition the Director's Cut or the Theatrical Cut? Difficult to tell as the difference between the two is only 30 seconds, so both show 120 min. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #616
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
Is the Nova Media Edition the Director's Cut or the Theatrical Cut? Difficult to tell as the difference between the two is only 30 seconds, so both show 120 min. Thanks!
I just put one of my discs in. It's 1:59:15 runtime. I didn't know there were two cuts. If there's something specific to check for version wise let me know.
Thanks given by:
Menteith (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #617

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
I'm not sure which release Heapashifter has, but I have the Content Zone/Homage Collection Blu-ray which is labeled "Director's cut version", and it's (also) 1:59.16. I don't have the NM edition.
Thanks given by:
Menteith (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 AM   #618
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renophaston View Post
I'm not sure which release Heapashifter has, but I have the Content Zone/Homage Collection Blu-ray which is labeled "Director's cut version", and it's (also) 1:59.16. I don't have the NM edition.
I have the 2 Nova Media Limited Edition releases that came out in 2016.
Thanks given by:
Menteith (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 09:24 AM   #619

May 2011

Thanks a lot. This seems to prove that both the OOP Content Zone and Novamedia releases are similar. The CZ edition definitely has the Dir. Cut.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #620
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Could there be any chance Arrow/Eureka etc could release this on Blu Ray? I only have the very old Tartan DVD which I assume is the theatrical version.
Display: Panasonic ET61 1080p HD LED 3D (ISF Pro Cal'd)
Blu Ray: Panasonic BDT370 3D Player
Reciever: Yamaha RXV373

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/grim_tales1

My Collection
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia