Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Psycho Biddy Double Feature: Strait-Jacket / Berserk! (Blu-ray)
$8.39
21 hrs ago
Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.85

Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
$7.88
21 hrs ago
Nightwing / Shadow of the Hawk (Blu-ray)
$8.79

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Blu-ray)
$19.04
23 hrs ago
Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93

Jurassic Park (Blu-ray)
$7.88
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Old 05-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #21
Special Member

Mar 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stobbart View Post
Got some updated, albeit sad news for these films. Just spoke with Andrew the other day and he informed me that the label is not releasing these films due to the fact that the HK market is too small and that they can only make money in China.

And the Chinese censors are not very keen on these films. However, he was hoping that when his next film "Vegas to Macau 3" comes out in lunar new year 2016, and does tremendous business, he can negotiate the release of these films.
... ok. so .... not seeking a release elsewhere ? HK films are still quite popular in countries outside HK ...

Old 05-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #22

Oct 2011

Quote:
Got some updated, albeit sad news for these films. Just spoke with Andrew the other day and he informed me that the label is not releasing these films due to the fact that the HK market is too small and that they can only make money in China.

And the Chinese censors are not very keen on these films. However, he was hoping that when his next film "Vegas to Macau 3" comes out in lunar new year 2016, and does tremendous business, he can negotiate the release of these films.
Thanks for the update stobbart. That's unfortunate, I believe the demand is really there from everywhere if they could only be released. Watching these in HD would be amazing. I even bought the Y and D concert blu from last year just to see these guys back together again, lol.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #23
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by logboy View Post
... ok. so .... not seeking a release elsewhere ? HK films are still quite popular in countries outside HK ...

Warner Brothers owns the movies. They have zero interest in releasing the HK movies they own if they don't star Jackie Chan. As I stated earlier in the thread, the chances of these movies getting a blu-ray release was nil as Warner Brothers have been sitting on them since the late 1990s and won't release them or sublicense them.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #24

Jun 2015

Quote:

I am from Brunei, I am so excited to watch Young and Dangerous in FULL HD, if it really release in HD, I am sure I will buy the whole series of Y&D blu rays. Hope it will release soon, btw it's 2015 already, make it quick Andrew please, thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #25

Oct 2010

Quote:

Damn the China censorship, they need to relax and stop censoring everything that isn't pro-China/nationalistic. It's too bad Warner isn't releasing this classic series either. A supervised remaster of the 6 films in HD is a must have for Hong Kong film fans.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #26

Feb 2011
In Technicolor

So... this just popped up on the Vicol release schedule:

Only number 3 though
Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #27

Jul 2013

3 isn't owned by Warner Bros - that might enter into it. (At least, it's not on the list.) But it turns out that Vicol released DOCTOR MACK back in October - which is owned by WB.

Last edited by Rhythm-X; 01-09-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #28

Jun 2011
Hong Kong

Only 3 and 6 are owned by Orange Sky Golden Harvest now. I expect 6 to come out soon.

Doctor Mack is owned by OSGH since don't know when as it's streamable in Hong Kong's SCMPlay. Most OSGH / Fortune Stars films are available there.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:40 AM   #29

Oct 2011

Thanks for the update! All right, one down and 5 to go. Come on let's get the rest out.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #30

May 2010

Buyoyo HK is listing this as release date on 21/01/2016.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #31
Special Member

Mar 2009
UK

... and buyoyo says it's remastered ... so how does (or will) this fit with the idea of them being remastered a while back - i would like to see the results of that work and if it's actually represented on this first disc, before i buy into it.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #32

Oct 2010

Great news. I'm glad Vicol is releasing this. So far all of the Vicol releases that I own look great. Hope the other 5 get released by Viocol as well.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:11 AM   #33
Special Member

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Quote:

Just discovered this thread as I was talking in another thread about how it would be amazing if the first 6 Y&D films could be bought out in a special boxset with book etc like the UK Arrow Video releases.
Then I found this thread saw your posts and got very excited until I read further down and saw this post, such a shame, I am in Australia and I think even here there would be interest in this, I know plenty of people who love these films, they were some of my favourite movies growing up.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #34

Feb 2011
In Technicolor

Looks like Vicol are doing Born to be King.

Comes out in 2 weeks.
Thanks given by:
yeek (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #35

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurhythm View Post
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Slowly but surely...
Old 11-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #36

Oct 2010

Great news. Hope the rest of the series comes out. If they can release 3 and 6, I don't see why they can't just release the rest of them.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:12 AM   #37
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Scotland

The rights to the series are split.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:05 PM   #38

Jan 2018

Just ordered both blu rays from eBay, 41

Anybody heard anything about a possible Goodbye Mr cool blu ray?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #39

Jan 2018

Blu rays arrived in the post today only took 4 days from Hong Kong to the UK. Very impressed with picture quality. Just wish they would now bring out number 1,2,4,5 and goodbye Mr cool as a little extra treat
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia