Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Beethoven: Symphonies 7-9 (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #41
Special Member

Dec 2010
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
Don't hold me to this as its just an opinion and a memory thing, but I don't remember any of their blus coming down in price all that much except for their documentary titles. Each of their concert blus are still $20 or more.
I don't remember exactly what I paid at BB for the Moving Pictures BD-A but it was over $25.
Display:Samsung 65" LED A/V Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 Amp for Mains: Behringer A500 Mains: Genesis Physics Model 10 Center: Bic DV62CLR-S Surrounds: (4) Yamaha NSIW480C Subs: (2) Creative Sound Solutions SD12 in (2) 4.9 cube slot port tuned to 19 Hz Sub Amp: Crown XLS 802D Sub EQ: ED Eq.2 Rear Sub: 12" JL Audio 1.75 cube Sealed 200 Watt Plate Amp Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S590 DVD/DVD-A/SACD: Pioneer DV-610AV-K TV/Equipment Stand Whalen Nova

Last edited by LMN8R; 12-17-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #42
Special Member

Dec 2010
Oklahoma

Today's the day, can't wait to get home and listen to this.
Display:Samsung 65" LED A/V Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 Amp for Mains: Behringer A500 Mains: Genesis Physics Model 10 Center: Bic DV62CLR-S Surrounds: (4) Yamaha NSIW480C Subs: (2) Creative Sound Solutions SD12 in (2) 4.9 cube slot port tuned to 19 Hz Sub Amp: Crown XLS 802D Sub EQ: ED Eq.2 Rear Sub: 12" JL Audio 1.75 cube Sealed 200 Watt Plate Amp Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S590 DVD/DVD-A/SACD: Pioneer DV-610AV-K TV/Equipment Stand Whalen Nova
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Has anyone given this a listen? If so how does it sound. Thought about picking it up, but haven't heard 2112 before.
Cliff
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #44

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
A little off topic (well, maybe quite a bit) but just finished my annual Rush concert tour Sunday, wrapping up in Phoenix. Another bunch of great shows. They're so consistent from venue to venue.
I gotta tell you though, it's getting close to them wrapping this up. That's why it's great to have this content coming out so regularly now. This super delux edition is really expensive but ill probably still bite on it. Can't stop now just because its expensive. They'll need my money and support for their retirement

Watching them live (had the pleasure of sitting in the 3rd row in phoenix) these guys truly are getting old. Geddy looks like my late grandfather with long dark dyed hair But man oh man, they STILL can rock it out. Depending how old you are, just think of your grandfather or father, today, up on stage still jumping around, rocking out, with more energy than most 25 year olds. Just incredible. Oh, by the way, they are still magicians in their craft.
Yeah, I just talked myself into this set.
I just saw them last month in San Diego & was truly impressed. Last time I saw them was likely on the Hold Your Fire tour. Three hour show, impeccable musicianship and the band (or at least Geddy & Alex) really seemed to be enjoying themselves. I try & avoid arena shows but I really wanted to see them again and, since the current album is strong, this tour was a must.

From what I understand the Phoenix show was one of two taped for a future Blu Ray release so be prepared to see yourself in Hi Def.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #45
Special Member

Dec 2010
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpoet25 View Post
Has anyone given this a listen? If so how does it sound. Thought about picking it up, but haven't heard 2112 before.
This is a copy of a post I made in the Music section of this site.

My take on the 2112 Blu-ray Audio disk. First the disclaimer I'm neither a reviewer nor a true audiophile, the following just my opinion. The mix is pretty good although I didn't think it was as good as Moving Pictures. One thing I was worried about before listening was the "noise" (that sounds like tape hiss) in the quieter passages present in the Farewell To Kings DVD-A. That concern was gone as soon as the disk started, the quiet passages are just that, quiet. I only have a couple of minor quibbles with the mix. The center channel on my system had to be bumped up 4 db to keep the guitar mixed into that channel from being lost in the mix. The bottom end is not as strong as in my other Rush MC disks (MP BD-A and FTK DVD-A) or most other MC disks I've heard. It's been a long time since I've heard 2112 on vinyl, it may be that the bass is a little light on the master. Those two issues aside it really is an enjoyable listening experience. I tried both the LPCM and DTS-MA tracks and did not notice a discernible difference. The effects in the rear channels are well done and blend well with the fronts. The comic book type video that plays along with the audio is unique and added some enjoyment to the experience.

As far as the album itself, you may want to try and find some samples of songs from the album. It's their most "trippy" album IMO and a concept album. It was my introduction to Rush well over 30 years ago. It was ahead of it's time and I was blown away the first time I heard it.

Last edited by LMN8R; 12-21-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #46

Sep 2009
Vancouver

Quote:
Buy it this is Rush at it's best
Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 AM   #47
Special Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
I just saw them last month in San Diego & was truly impressed. Last time I saw them was likely on the Hold Your Fire tour. Three hour show, impeccable musicianship and the band (or at least Geddy & Alex) really seemed to be enjoying themselves. I try & avoid arena shows but I really wanted to see them again and, since the current album is strong, this tour was a must.

From what I understand the Phoenix show was one of two taped for a future Blu Ray release so be prepared to see yourself in Hi Def.
Excellent. They were great once again as they always are live. Geddy's pipes may be pretty much gone, but they're so comfortable in their craft that they look like they're actually just messing around up there just having fun.
Yeah my friend and I keep chiding each other that we could actually be immortalized on a bluray. Should be a lot of fun watching and seeing how much we actually can see ourselves. Pretty cool I might add.
Glad you enjoyed the show and had a chance to see them again.
Epson 6010 3D projector
Elite Cinetension electric 120" screen
Samsung UN55C800 55"
Denon 3808CI
7.2 Def Tech speakers with SVS PB2000 & PB12 NSD
Oppo BDP-93
APC J-10 power conditioner
Other stuff
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #48

Oct 2011
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
I picked up the "deluxe" version, super deluxe was a little rich for me. I like the mix, very nicely cleaned up like LMN8R said. My only complaint was the gap between the opening guitar riffs, where you can hear what sounds like guitar/amp loop buzz (which is quite possible, considering this is 36 years old). I'm just thinking it could have been removed, but was perhaps left in for effect, what do I know?
If you like Rush, you'll like this. But I'd say it's like half a concept album, and if you're looking for songs that you're familiar with as a casual Rush fan, you won't likely find them here.
I came away remembering how good Geddy's pipes were, how great I already knew Neil's drumming was/is but damn, Alex has to be one of the most under rated guitar players around...
"Drawn like moths we drift into the city"
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #49

May 2011
St. Louis Area

I threw up a review of my own on the site listing. Check it out if you're interested in another man's humble opinion.
‎"Since you are about to die anyway, I may as well tell you the entire plot."
-Benedict, Last Action Hero
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #50

Nov 2008
Michigan

Man I wish they would release more than one album on a blu ray disc
"I'd unravel every riddle, For every Individual, In trouble or in pain.”
Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #51

Jan 2013
Default Rush 2112 Blu Ray

I was hoping someone could help me. I bought the Rush 2112 Deluxe Edition (CD/Blu Ray). I do not have a Blu Ray player, but thought I would be able to play the CD in 5.1 in either DTS or PCM. The disc only plays in stereo 2 channel. I have a Yamaha HTR 5760 (Dolby Digital, DTS) receiver and a Denon 1930CI DVD player (DVD Audio, SACD, etc.). When I press the Multi Ch button it stays in stereo. The same for when I press the Input Mode button…it comes up as DVD Auto and DVD Analog. When DVD DTS comes up, there is no sound. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezimfunky View Post
I was hoping someone could help me. I bought the Rush 2112 Deluxe Edition (CD/Blu Ray). I do not have a Blu Ray player, but thought I would be able to play the CD in 5.1 in either DTS or PCM. The disc only plays in stereo 2 channel. I have a Yamaha HTR 5760 (Dolby Digital, DTS) receiver and a Denon 1930CI DVD player (DVD Audio, SACD, etc.). When I press the Multi Ch button it stays in stereo. The same for when I press the Input Mode button…it comes up as DVD Auto and DVD Analog. When DVD DTS comes up, there is no sound. Any help would be appreciated.
The CD itself will only play in 2-channel mode, it's a remastered stereo version of the album. The Yamaha should have a few surround sound modes music allowing you to play the stereo cd in a 7-channel matrixed format. You would need to have the CD in regular stereo mode to do this. When choosing Multi Channel on a stereo only album, it will still play in stereo because the mix won't allow for multi-channel playback. The only way to get the full on multi-channel mix is to play the Blu Ray audio disc in a Blu Ray player. Had you gone with the CD/DVD combo you could have played the multi-channel audio of the DVD, assuming you have the analog outputs from your Denon plugged into the multi-channel inputs on your Yamaha. Hope that helps.
Cliff
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

What a great band...

I saw Rush in concert three times during the early-to-mid 1990s when I was in college, and saw them a fourth time during the early 2000s. For that final show, a friend and I had fourth row seats.

My favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves, but Hold Your Fire is a close second.

2112 is outstanding, though, and it was the last Rush album to have that cool laid-back folkish vibe by way of the songs in the last half ("Lessons", "Tears"). After 2112, the songs became more structured and meticulous. It's a great mix on this particular album, though, with the precision of the first epic first half, then the stand-alone carefree tracks on the second half.

I'd like a stand-alone remastered CD of this album, because I can't listen to the Blu-ray in my truck. Might grab this someday later on, though.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #54

Jan 2013

That's what I thought. It looks like the hookup on teh back of the Denon has each channel going into the matching channel on the rear of the Yamaha. So that means I can play the (regular, non Blu Ray) DVD in 5.1?

Quote:
The CD itself will only play in 2-channel mode, it's a remastered stereo version of the album. The Yamaha should have a few surround sound modes music allowing you to play the stereo cd in a 7-channel matrixed format. You would need to have the CD in regular stereo mode to do this. When choosing Multi Channel on a stereo only album, it will still play in stereo because the mix won't allow for multi-channel playback. The only way to get the full on multi-channel mix is to play the Blu Ray audio disc in a Blu Ray player. Had you gone with the CD/DVD combo you could have played the multi-channel audio of the DVD, assuming you have the analog outputs from your Denon plugged into the multi-channel inputs on your Yamaha. Hope that helps.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
That's what I thought. It looks like the hookup on teh back of the Denon has each channel going into the matching channel on the rear of the Yamaha. So that means I can play the (regular, non Blu Ray) DVD in 5.1?
I have an older Pioneer DVD-563A Universal player that I use for Cd's, SACD's, DTS-Audio discs and DVD-A's, and I use the analog outputs on there to the analog inputs on my Yamaha RX-A700 for multi-channel playback. So in other words if you have your Denon hooked up to your Yamaha using the analog inputs/outputs, then yes you can play the DVD in multi-channel suuround. The one drawback would be you buying another copy with the DVD included.
Cliff
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
What a great band...

I saw Rush in concert three times during the early-to-mid 1990s when I was in college, and saw them a fourth time during the early 2000s. For that final show, a friend and I had fourth row seats.

My favorite Rush album is Permanent Waves, but Hold Your Fire is a close second.

2112 is outstanding, though, and it was the last Rush album to have that cool laid-back folkish vibe by way of the songs in the last half ("Lessons", "Tears"). After 2112, the songs became more structured and meticulous. It's a great mix on this particular album, though, with the precision of the first epic first half, then the stand-alone carefree tracks on the second half.

I'd like a stand-alone remastered CD of this album, because I can't listen to the Blu-ray in my truck. Might grab this someday later on, though.
I may be wrong, but the Blu Ray set also includes the remastered version of 2112 on CD, so you get to listen to the Hi-Res audio of the Blu Ray at home and you can play the CD in your truck.
Cliff
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #57

Jan 2013

Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Yes, as long as you have analog audio cables(3 pairs of stereo cables should do the trick) going from your Denon to the Yamaha the DVD containing the audio portion will play in 5.1.
Cliff
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #59

Jan 2013

Enjoying my copy... I have owned this album in so many versions...

Had the cassette tape... Then bought the gold cd (which sold years later for a lot), then bought the remastered cd... Now I got the blu ray and NEWER remastered cd twice... Once in the blu ray set, once in the Sector 1 set... Love the album though
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman73 View Post
Enjoying my copy... I have owned this album in so many versions...

Had the cassette tape... Then bought the gold cd (which sold years later for a lot), then bought the remastered cd... Now I got the blu ray and NEWER remastered cd twice... Once in the blu ray set, once in the Sector 1 set... Love the album though
One can NEVER own too many copies of 2112.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America