Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #521
sonnie sonnie is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2013
Sweden
108
7
WBShop chuck season 1-5

Hi! I live in sweden and i see that chuck is only in the states and canada on blu ray, i saw also that swedish subtitles are in the seasons 1-5 is the subs in all seasons in some reviews?? I was thinking of buying it but want to be really sur hat all seasons have swedish subtitles
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #522
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Power Member
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Terra Scaniæ, Sweden
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
Hi! I live in sweden and i see that chuck is only in the states and canada on blu ray, i saw also that swedish subtitles are in the seasons 1-5 is the subs in all seasons in some reviews?? I was thinking of buying it but want to be really sur hat all seasons have swedish subtitles
Tyvärr måste jag krossa dina förhoppningar...

There are no Swedish subtitles in any of the seasons as far as I can tell. I only checked the first disc of each season so if it does show up on the odd disc of each season it still doesn't help you.
Here's a breakdown:
Season 1: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish and Dutch
Seasons 2 and 3: English, French, Spanish and Dutch
Seasons 4 and 5: English, French and Spanish

Did someone actually add Swedish to the Blu-ray.com database listings of these?

EDIT: Or are you referring to the complete series box set? I can't verify that one, strange that they boosted the number of subtitles for that compared to the previous season sets... I think Deca simply copied the incorrect specs from the other listings for the complete series database entry. I've corrected the entry for season one after checking all the discs in that set.
500 years ago on the planet Zeist

4K scan, please. Make mine unscrubbed and hold the teal'n'orange, thanks!

Region A/B positive

Last edited by TheOneWithThePrize; 02-13-2013 at 06:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #523
sonnie sonnie is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2013
Sweden
108
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
Tyvärr måste jag krossa dina förhoppningar...

There are no Swedish subtitles in any of the seasons as far as I can tell. I only checked the first disc of each season so if it does show up on the odd disc of each season it still doesn't help you.
Here's a breakdown:
Season 1: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish and Dutch
Seasons 2 and 3: English, French, Spanish and Dutch
Seasons 4 and 5: English, French and Spanish

Did someone actually add Swedish to the Blu-ray.com database listings of these?

EDIT: Or are you referring to the complete series box set? I can't verify that one, strange that they boosted the number of subtitles for that compared to the previous season sets... I think Deca simply copied the incorrect specs from the other listings for the complete series database entry. I've corrected the entry for season one after checking all the discs in that set.
They added it on season 1 and season box set 1-5 they added swedish on the box set, so i am little confused, i like this site and always check here first before I buy import blu ray and I haven't been let down, until now :-(
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #524
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Power Member
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Terra Scaniæ, Sweden
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
They added it on season 1 and season box set 1-5 they added swedish on the box set, so i am little confused
Simply one member here who entered incorrect information in the database and the mistake got copied over to the complete series set as a result of that. It happens, always good to get a second opinion.
500 years ago on the planet Zeist

4K scan, please. Make mine unscrubbed and hold the teal'n'orange, thanks!

Region A/B positive
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #525
honestabe1712 honestabe1712 is offline
New Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

Any idea if the complete series set has the blu rays packaged with the slip covers? or without the slip covers? wht I mean by without slip covers is like the twilight zone complete blu ray series set. Like the picture attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51Op1WBeuzL.jpg (60.2 KB, 36 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #526
stvn1974 stvn1974 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
16
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe1712 View Post
Any idea if the complete series set has the blu rays packaged with the slip covers? or without the slip covers? wht I mean by without slip covers is like the twilight zone complete blu ray series set. Like the picture attached.
I actually saw the set at a Best Buy a few weeks back and I am 99.9% sure the seasons all had the slip covers. They are the regular sets just shoved in a box. I am sure the Fringe Complete Series will be the same since they are both WB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #527
honestabe1712 honestabe1712 is offline
New Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I actually saw the set at a Best Buy a few weeks back and I am 99.9% sure the seasons all had the slip covers. They are the regular sets just shoved in a box. I am sure the Fringe Complete Series will be the same since they are both WB.
Thats great. Been looking at the individual seasons and the slip covers look great. I didnt want to loose that feature in the complete series set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #528
Omiros Omiros is offline
Member
 
Jul 2013
Default

Is the complete series boxset region-free?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #529
OneWayFilms OneWayFilms is offline
Power Member
 
OneWayFilms's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
USA
430
278
2
Default

Such a great series. I have every season on blu and recently started watching them all over again. I sure do miss CHUCK.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #530
stvn1974 stvn1974 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
16
12
Default

I need to rewatch the series again. It was my favorite thing of all time (films, tv, music, books) when it was on and I loved the characters but the ending made me so infuriated that it ruined the entire thing for me. I sold off seasons 1-4 and haven't watched it since. Actually typing this and thinking about the ending is pissing me off again. I want to Hulk Smash things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #531
Dalsk Dalsk is offline
Senior Member
 
Dalsk's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Paris, France
19
293
Default

Does anybody have some pictures of the Complete Series boxset?
Thanks!
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #532
OneWayFilms OneWayFilms is offline
Power Member
 
OneWayFilms's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
USA
430
278
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I need to rewatch the series again. It was my favorite thing of all time (films, tv, music, books) when it was on and I loved the characters but the ending made me so infuriated that it ruined the entire thing for me. I sold off seasons 1-4 and haven't watched it since. Actually typing this and thinking about the ending is pissing me off again. I want to Hulk Smash things.
As I re-watched the series...I stopped at the cliff-hanger of season 4. I'm struggling to start season 5 because of the very same reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #533
bcdavis9958 bcdavis9958 is offline
Active Member
 
bcdavis9958's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
9
358
60
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsk View Post
Does anybody have some pictures of the Complete Series boxset?
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #534
Dalsk Dalsk is offline
Senior Member
 
Dalsk's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Paris, France
19
293
Default

Thanks!
Slipcovers inside the slipbox? So much win
I hope the price on amazon will stay the same, I think I'm finally be able to order the set in a few months.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #535
preacher1010 preacher1010 is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2010
Default

the reason the video quality of the BluRay is inferior is because of the source of the material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16_mm_film

The TV show had used "economical grade" - ie, low quality, 16mm film to shoot on.

that is why i got the DVD instead of BluRay.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Chuck given 6 more episodes for season 3 Television RonSwanson 9 10-30-2009 12:03 AM
Chuck Season 1 BR for 24.99 in GTA Canadian Deals madnug 0 03-11-2009 06:08 AM
Nip/Tuck Season 4 Arrived - Thank You WB! Blu-ray Movies - North America DrinkMore 0 09-05-2007 09:31 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 AM.