Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #3061
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
I have a DVD collection of Max Linder from about 10 years ago from Image/Blackhawk, with the feature Seven Years Bad Luck, plus an excerpt from Be My Wife and four of his French shorts. It's a terrific collection.

It's too bad this new Kino release is DVD-only, but I'll probably pick it up for the complete version of Be My Wife and The Three Must-Get-Theres.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #3062
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai
Thumbs up

Just added the following to my Redemption Collection...$12.30 - third party seller but fulfilled and shipped by Amazon .

Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #3063
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBaby View Post
I'm wondering why there hasn't been an official release date announcement for A Touch of Sin yet (or maybe I just missed it? I'm talking about announcement of extras/official cover art/etc)?
In case you missed it, here it is. Still looks like placeholder cover-art & no supplements noted.
US/UK films that need to be on blu-ray:My Darling Clementine (1946, Ford), Out of the Past (1947, Tourneur), Thunderheart (1992, Apted) , Lone Star (1996, Sayles)

Foreign films that need to be on blu-ray:
Raise The Red Lantern (1991, Zhang), The Best of Youth (2003, Giordana), Still Life (2006, Jia), 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2007, Mungiu)
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #3064
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS_Blu View Post
In case you missed it, here it is. Still looks like placeholder cover-art & no supplements noted.
Yeah, spotted it. Thanks. This release with the dates changing and nothing but placeholder cover art on Amazon had me worried that the date will change again. Just seems weird with a few weeks until release that nothing official has came, until now I guess (still no official cover art and disc details/extras if there is any).
Old 03-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #3065
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

For the Redemption collectors The Sinful Nuns of St. Valentine $11.83 . I ordered my copy .

Old 03-26-2014, 12:11 AM   #3066
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Finally, cover art from their site:

Old 03-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #3067
Special Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Just added the following to my Redemption Collection...$12.30 - third party seller but fulfilled and shipped by Amazon .

Great price. Think I'm going to stop pre-ordering Redemption titles and just wait for price drops, seems they drop lots after a couple of months after release. Just got Cold Eyes of Fear for $11.60 shipped.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:20 AM   #3068
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Omar Blu-ray

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13599

Quote:
Kino Lorber and Adopt Films will release on Blu-ray director Hany Abu-Assad's (Paradise Now) latest film Omar (2013), starring Adam Bakri, Leem Lubany, Iyad Hoorani, and Samer Bisharat. The release will be available for purchase on June 10th.

Omar was Palestine's official entry in the Foreign Language Film category of the 2014 Academy Awards.

Official synopsis: Omar, a young baker turned freedom fighter, is accustomed to dodging surveillance bullets to cross the separation wall to visit his secret love Nadia. But occupied Palestine knows neither simple love nor clear-cut war. When Omar is captured after a deadly act of resistance, he falls into a cat-and-mouse game with the military police. As suspicion and betrayal jeopardize his longtime trust with accomplices and childhood friends, Omar must face painful choices about life, manhood and love.
Pro-B
Old 03-29-2014, 03:53 AM   #3069
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Two more Pete Walker films to be released June 17. House of Mortal Sin (1976) and Home Before Midnight (1979).
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #3070
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The Redemption label will add to its Blu-ray catalog two films directed by Pete Walker: The Confessional a.k.a. House of Mortal Sin (1976), starring Anthony Sharp, Susan Penhaligon, and Stephanie Beacham, and Home Before Midnight (1979), starring James Aubrey, Alison Elliott, and Mark Burns. The two releases will be available for purchase on June 17th.

House of Mortal Sin

Who can you trust with your darkest secrets, if not a priest? When you enter the confessional, you naturally assume that no one will be taping your confessions and using them against you in various blackmail schemes. But such is the case with the confessional occupied by Father Xavier Meldrum (Anthony Sharp). When a young woman confesses her private shame, her life is turned upside down by the cunning clergyman. Bodies pile up, suspicions are aroused. And the ghastly chain of events that ensue leave a trail of death and madness no decent priest could pardon.

Home Before Midnight

Michael (James Aubrey, Lord of The Flies) is a successful songwriter, living the good life without a care in the world. Then along comes a hitchhiker named Ginny (Alison Elliot). Michael gives her a lift and a connection is made. Over time, they fall in love and everything seems perfect... at first. Then their age diiference comes to light. It turns out the Ginny is only fourteen years old. Soon, Ginny's parents get wind of this relationship and immediately call in the police. When facts becomes grossly manipulated, sympathies shift as Michael is charge with rape.
Pro-B
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #3071
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post

Pro-B
Love the covers .
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #3072
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

So I just finished the Death Mills documentary, included with The Stranger (another great Welles film), and I almost threw up. Not even lying.

It's hard to believe that there are people out there who can do that to others...
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #3073
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

DVD PRESS RELEASE:

AMAZON PRE-ORDER
http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Sitthip...rds=the+rocket

Quote:
Kino Lorber is proud to announce the DVD release of The Rocket, written and directed by Kim Mordaunt, noted documentarian (The Bomb Harvest). Mordaunt's feature film debut is also Laos' first internationally released feature film and the characters are based on real people and events in Laos. The coming of age story of a young boy (Ahlo) and his family connects to the universal issue of the displacement of people by industry and war.

The 10-year-old Ahlo and his family are forcibly removed from their land. After experiencing a family tragedy, Ahlo (played by Laotian former street kid Sitthiphon Disamoe) is deemed a curse. His family travels the war-scarred countryside in search of a new home along with a young girl named Kia (Loungnam Kaosainam) and her uncle Purple - a James Brown impersonator played by veteran actor and comedian Thep Phongam - until they encounter a local Rocket Festival.

This acclaimed feature film comes to DVD on April 29th with a SRP of $29.95. The DVD includes an audio commentary by director Kim Mordaunt, a "making of" featurette, a theatrical trailer and image gallery.

The Rocket has received 23 awards and 19 nominations. The film screened at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival where it won Best Narrative Feature, Best Actor in a Narrative Feature (Sitthiphon Disamoe), and the Audience award. Its wins also include the Audience Award at AFI Fest, the Best First Feature at Berlin International Film Festival, and many others.

The film was released theatrically last year by Kino Lorber and opened in New York at IFC Center and Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center. It has played in additional markets including Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Vancouver, among others.

The Rocket is Kim Mordaunt's feature-length narrative directorial debut. Mordaunt previously directed Bomb Harvest (2007), a documentary feature film, as well as the drama Jammin' in the Middle East (2005).

SYNOPSIS:
One of the best reviewed movies of 2013, The Rocket is a blazingly original drama about how a boy, a James Brown impersonator, and a cylinder full of explosives can overcome any obstacles life puts in their way.

Growing up in rural Laos, Ahlo (Sitthiphon Disamoe) is a mischievous 10-year-old who lives without a care in the world. After a family tragedy, his grandmother declares that Ahlo is cursed, and as they are forcibly moved from their land and fall deeper into poverty, he starts to believe it. Only the friendship of an orphaned girl and her eccentric James Brown-loving uncle restore joy in his life. Traveling with them on a perilous journey to a new home, they come across a local Rocket Festival. The builder of the most powerful projectile wins a lucrative prize - which would secure Ahlo's future and rid him of his curse. With an "exuberant performance" (NPR) from Disamoe, "if you aren't moved by The Rocket, your heart is defective" (Film.com).

Special Features:
Audio Commentary by Director Kim Mordaunt
"Making of" Featurette
Theatrical Trailer
Image Gallery
Presented in 5.1 Surround Sound

Technical Specs:
Australia / Thailand / Laos | 2013 | 96 min. | Color | 2.35:1 | 1920 x 1080p |
In Lao with Optional English Subtitles
Pro-B
Old 04-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #3074
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

DVD PRESS RELEASE:

AMAZON PRE-ORDER
http://www.amazon.com/Five-Obstructi...e+obstructions

Quote:
Kino Lorber is pleased to announce the DVD release of Jørgen Leth and Lars von Trier's film THE FIVE OBSTRUCTIONS, a documentary look inside the creative process of filmmaking with a unique twist. Acclaimed director Lars von Trier gets the chance to work with his filmmaking idol Jørgen Leth on a most unusual experiment: Leth will remake his celebrated 1967 film The Perfect Human five times, each time with a different challenge set forth by von Trier that will force Leth to approach it differently and find a whole new set of creative solutions to re-think how he will tell his story.

THE FIVE OBSTRUCTIONS, which was an Official Selection of the Sundance Film Festival, comes to DVD in a special remastered edition on April 22nd with a SRP of $24.95. The DVD includes special features such as Jørgen Leth's 1967 short The Perfect Human, a director's commentary by Leth, and the theatrical trailer.

The film won the FIPRESCI Prize at the 2004 Motovun Film Festival, was nominated for the Best Documentary Award at the 2003 European Film Awards, and was nominated for the CPHOX Award at CPHOX in 2003.

SYNOPSIS:
Lars von Trier (Dancer in the Dark, Dogville) now enters the world of documentary filmmaking alongside his idol, Danish filmmaker Jørgen Leth. In 1967, Leth made a 12 minutes feature film called The Perfect Human. Now, 35 years later, von Trier challenges Jørgen Leth to remake his film five times, each time with a new obstruction to force Leth to rethink the story and characters of the original film. Playing the naïve anthropologist, Leth rises to the challenge set forth by von Trier in a game full of traps and vicious turns and a very surprising outcome.

THE FIVE OBSTRUCTIONS
Directors: Jørgen Leth and Lars von Trier
Genre: Documentary
DVD Street Date: April 22, 2014
DVD SRP: $24.95
DVD UPC: 738329128029

DVD Extras:
Jørgen Leth's 1967 short film, The Perfect Human
Director's Commentary by Jørgen Leth
Theatrical Trailer

Technical Specs:
16x9, 1.78:1 / 87 minutes / English, Danish, French, and Spanish w/English subtitles / Not Rated / Stereo / Color and B&W
Pro-B
Old 04-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #3075

Jan 2013
Coconut Grove, FL

Sale closed - thank you.
I sell Classic Blu-ray films at great prices (link is below):

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....76#post9106176

Last edited by mspar009; 04-13-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #3076
Power Member

Dec 2009
Texas, at the bottom of a well 21,000 ft down

Just finished watching Night Tide for the first time. Very enthralling psychological thriller with a strong Twilight Zone and film noir-ish feel to it. A young Dennis Hopper's first starring film role and the most low-key and likeable of any parts I have seen him play.

The story takes place on the Santa Monica Pier in 1960, when U.S. Navy sailor Hopper meets a sensual dark-haired Greek beauty named Mora while on weekend liberty, and begins a relationship with her. She performs as a mermaid at an attraction on the pier, and has an ethereal quality that intrigues Hopper, particularly her almost supernatural affinity for the sea. Added into the mix is a mysterious woman who shows up on several occasions to confront a fearful Mora in a foreign language, and Mora's boss and adoptive father, an odd ex-Royal Navy man who found Mora as an abandoned child on a Greek island and now runs the sideshow where she performs. All is not what it seems, however, and through a series of ominous events, Hopper's character is confronted with evidence that Mora's strange connection to the sea and the moon may be something deeper and much more sinister.

A low-budget gem, Night Tide is all the more effective for it. This is old-school creepshow style of horror where suspense is built on a well written script, pacing, dialogue, camera placement, and lighting. My only nit is at the end, where certain plot elements don't come off as effective as they might have, but it is not enough to lessen my impression of the film. Night Tide has been restored, but the viewer should keep expectations appropriate to the film's budget. The worst looking part is during the credits, when the speckles and "minus density" are pretty bad. After those opening moments, things settle down to a generally pleasing grain field. The audio sounds a bit tinny at times, again because this is a low budget production and not for any fault in the restoration.

I would like to thank SpiderBaby for first making me aware of director Curtis Harrington and this film over a year ago, when he posted several times about it here in this thread. There is a whole lot to like here. Fans of Val Lewton and Rod Serling will appreciate this one, as will anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers and film noir.
"I had no idea those beer cans would blow like that" - Del Griffith
"You left them on a vibrating bed. What did you think would happen?" - Neal Page

Last edited by oildude; 04-21-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 AM   #3077
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Has anyone read any updates for Nude for Satan? Still listed as a June 22 release by Amazon but redemption has not announced it in their FB page nor have I see any retailers (other than Amazon) listing it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors