Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bullet to the Head (Blu-ray)
$8.85

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #4961
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Go for it, definitely! The 3hr documentary that discusses every detail of how the entire film was made is worth $10, IMO.
That's the one feature I haven't watched yet. Seems kind of annoying that you can't watch those behind the scenes features without watching the film as well.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #4962
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
That's the one feature I haven't watched yet. Seems kind of annoying that you can't watch those behind the scenes features without watching the film as well.
They do blend it all together quite nicely, at least I thought so. I was pretty captivated the whole 3 hours.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #4963
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
They do blend it all together quite nicely, at least I thought so. I was pretty captivated the whole 3 hours.
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get a chance. Sounds good.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #4964
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Go for it, definitely! The 3hr documentary that discusses every detail of how the entire film was made is worth $10, IMO.
its amazing really the same like the movie is as well
Old 02-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #4965
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
This is on sale at amazon right now, is it worth a blind buy for $10?

I loved Chris Reeves Superman, but I know this is much darker. I liked all the Batman movies.
Yes, definitely.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #4966
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Tucson,AZ

$10 is a good price for this great movie. If your curiosity is peaking and you're more tempted now then when it was in theaters then yes. I would definitely picking it up for $10. If your whole goal is to pick this up as cheap as possible then head to a local pawn shop. Or just wait till the next Black Friday deal.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #4967

Sep 2012

So I go through many pages of this thread,would like to ask,the discs of Collector Edition are scratched?I saw few people mentioned it.

Last edited by IreneLing; 02-14-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #4968

Sep 2012

Anyway,I ordered two CE,and one sountrack Vinyl from Amazon,another great collection.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #4969
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Question: Is there any difference between the UV codes in the 2D vs. 3D releases? I bought the 2D version for $10 some weeks back, thinking I'd just pick up the 3D disc someplace else for cheap; no such luck. Redeemed its UV code anyway. Now I've bought a full 3D copy for $20 at Best Buy; trying to decide what to do with its unredeemed UV slip (trade it off with the 2D copy, give it away, sell it, etc.)
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, TMT 3, 5 & 6, PDVD 11, Nero 11
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch (PC also has Hanns-G HL227 & Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers)
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #4970
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneLing View Post
So I go through many pages of this thread,would like to ask,the discs of Collector Edition are scratched?I saw few people mentioned it.
Yes. I went through 4 to get flawless blus, all the DVDs were scuffed.
New For Sale Items:

Walmart Exclusive Walter Mitty Slipcover
Anchorman 1: Rich Mahogany Edition Blu-ray
Anchorman 2 Blu-ray

==>> Dreamliner330ís Blu-ray and slipcover sale extravaganza! 40% must go!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #4971
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneLing View Post
Anyway,I ordered two CE,and one sountrack Vinyl from Amazon,another great collection.
Why Vinyl?

I personally wish they had some sort of Studio Master we could download in FLAC, I'm sure it would easily surpass the fidelity of CD.
New For Sale Items:

Anchorman 2 Blu-ray

Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #4972
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
-

I'm obsessed with Hans Zimmer's score for this movie so I'm renting it from Netflix again for a re-watch (only seen it once so far).
Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #4973
Special Member

Jan 2012
Default Man of Steel - November 12, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
I'm obsessed with Hans Zimmer's score for this movie so I'm renting it from Netflix again for a re-watch (only seen it once so far).
Did you know you can buy movies...and soundtracks!

I have the Steelbook 2-CD soundtrack.
New For Sale Items:

Anchorman 2 Blu-ray

Old 02-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #4974
Special Member

Jan 2012

Just watched this again tonight (2nd home viewing, saw twice in IMAX). I really do quite enjoy this film. I noticed some really really cool action sequences in the final battle, it's almost as if Snyder was trying out a lot of creative VFX and camera movements to stamp them all as 'Snyder-style'. I liked it.

One thing I didn't notice in the theater, but I really do notice at home is how crappy the video quality is. A lot of reviews praise the PQ but there are MANY shots that are just down right grainy....mega mega 'super-high-iso' style grain.

Yes, there are a lot of shots that look really really clear (both live action and VFX), but there are more than a few live action shots that are mega grainy.

The shaky cam really only takes me out of the move during the shot in the beginning when Zod and Jor-El are talking with the counsel, but I really hate excessive shaky cam.

I used to be a fan of film, but I dunno, I just want clean and clear shots. MoS had way to many crappy shots.
New For Sale Items:

Anchorman 2 Blu-ray

Old 02-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #4975
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Did you know you can buy movies...and soundtracks!

I have the Steelbook 2-CD soundtrack.
Haha I didn't realize the wording of that post could have been misinterpreted until you pointed it out.

I already have all of the Man of Steel tracks on my computer in Lossless Audio. I was saying that listening to it makes me want to give the movie another shot.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #4976

Sep 2012

Quote:
Yes. I went through 4 to get flawless blus, all the DVDs were scuffed.
This really saddens me,so I ordered a steelbook and regular blu-ray from Amazon again.Actually I like regular blu-ray cover the most,and CE's disc cover.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #4977

Sep 2012

Quote:
Why Vinyl?

I personally wish they had some sort of Studio Master we could download in FLAC, I'm sure it would easily surpass the fidelity of CD.
I like to collect Vinyl,looks classic.
Actually I just noticed that the Vinyl has less tracks than Deluxe Edition after I ordered it,but is okay as I still want to get it so I just bought the 2 discs steel case soundtrack to get complete track list.

And I hate that "You Can Save All of Them" not included in the cds.

Last edited by IreneLing; 02-21-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #4978
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Not to sideline the thread any further, but I miss vinyl myself. As great as CD's and other formats make them sound I love the sound of the needle hitting the record and the nostalgic purity of that sound. During high school in the 80's I lived in Japan and I swear their LP's were much better than my American counterparts. Sadly I think my folks gave them away because they never made it to the states. Luckily I still have my 45's, although it has been years since I listened to them. I have to wonder if I can still my record player with the new receivers? Kind of like a laserdisc.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #4979

Oct 2007

I need to revisit this again. I think I owe an apology to Mr. Hans Zimmer. I was a staunch advocate of keeping with the Williamsí theme. You see, to me it was like Bond, or Star Wars. Iím finally over that train of thought, not easy mind you. But Hans did a steller job and should be proud of what he produced. I think I fell in love with film with Superman. I was laying in a hospital bed at Great Ormand Street hospital, London, at the age of seven undergoing open heart surgery from a congenital heart defect (one pumping chamber). Iím fine now but I can only remember asking for one thing, the Superman VHS which I watched alone in that hospital bed on that tiny little TV god knows how many times. Reeve/Donner/Willaims but most of all SUPERMAN saved me! I still have those movies and thank Hans for giving Superman a new lease on life, his soundtrack I love and I hope he comes back for the sequel, in fact Iím going to enjoy FLIGHT again right now! You can join me if you like
Old 03-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #4980

Sep 2012

I'm thinking of ordering the 2D blu from Amazon.com. Is it likely to come with a slip case?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America