Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Blu-ray)
$17.99
War & Peace (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Kung Fu Panda 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Trailer Trauma (Blu-ray)
$15.86
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #881
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasiliskFang View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gene.../dp/B00CLA3Y2I

any idea where to redeem the vudu copy?
I had to call up Vudu/UvvU/Parammount.
It was a hassle.
Looking for the following:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
- DigiBooks of the following: Exorcist, 300, Willy Wonka, Alexander, The Bridge ot River Kwai, Falling Down, Alien Anthology, Goodfellas, Cinderella, Dark Knight Rises
- Star Wars: Episodes 2 & 3's DVD Bonus Disk
- Star Wars: A Musical Journey Bonus DVD
- 2004 DVD Return of the Jedi (WideScreen)
Selling Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=268977
Old 05-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #882

Jan 2009

All you need to do is e-mail customersupport@paramount.com -- if you have a paramountmovies.com account, all they need is your e-mail address, and they will insert the movie in your Paramount account, which will, in turn, port over to VUDU...

Total turnaround time (for me) was less than 24 hours...
Old 07-09-2015, 01:05 AM   #883

Apr 2011

Can anyone who's bought Redemption or the later standalones from the US in the last few weeks or months confirm whether or not they still ship with slipcases? Just wondering whether it's still worth importing them. I imagine All Good Things still does, but perhaps not the previous ones.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #884
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chareth View Post
Can anyone who's bought Redemption or the later standalones from the US in the last few weeks or months confirm whether or not they still ship with slipcases? Just wondering whether it's still worth importing them. I imagine All Good Things still does, but perhaps not the previous ones.
No one can tell you, it depends on which warehouse and which box your copy is shipped from.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #885

Apr 2011

Ah, OK, thanks. So some have received them without slipcases?
Old 07-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #886
Power Member

Sep 2011
USA

Quote:
My unification came last month with no slip and a crushed case. But like he said it depends on stock. It's a crapshoot.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:32 AM   #887

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbymonkeys View Post
My unification came last month with no slip and a crushed case. But like he said it depends on stock. It's a crapshoot.
Doesn't sound like it's worth the extra money to import then. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #888
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Doesn't sound like it's worth the extra money to import then. Thanks for the info.
You were buying it for the slipcover?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:45 AM   #889

Apr 2011

No. They're all available locally, but after BOBW they were no longer released here with slipcovers. Given they're fold-out slips with some nice design and imagery, it would be worth the few extra dollars if they were reliably available elsewhere. But if not, I'll buy local and slipless.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:07 AM   #890
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
No. They're all available locally, but after BOBW they were no longer released here with slipcovers. Given they're fold-out slips with some nice design and imagery, it would be worth the few extra dollars if they were reliably available elsewhere. But if not, I'll buy local and slipless.
Ah, okay.

I think I have the slip for it in a drawer somewhere if you want to pay me a significant amount to mail it to the UK. You could also buy it from a reseller and ask about the slip ahead of time.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #891

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Ah, okay.

I think I have the slip for it in a drawer somewhere if you want to pay me a significant amount to mail it to the UK. You could also buy it from a reseller and ask about the slip ahead of time.
That's OK, but thanks. As you say, it's only a slip in the end. I mainly just want the discs for the extras and the local editions are fine in that regard.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 AM   #892

Dec 2009

Hey everyone --

I took advantage of Amazon's sale last week to pick up Season 4 of TNG, but when I got it, I discovered that it came without a slipcover.

Does anyone have a slipcover for this set that they don't want?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
JohnH aka Ponder
Old 02-19-2016, 01:33 AM   #893
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

just a word of warning for people picking up the cheaper UK versions of the series. I picked up season 4 to complete my U.S. set and when watching noticed they bleeped out swear words... on the back it lists that too and notice that my Season 2 of enterprise from the U.K. had the same thing. so these are language censored releases for those of you thinking of grabbing the U.K. boxset/s
Thanks given by:
Deathbymonkeys (02-19-2016), Dreamliner330 (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 03:58 AM   #894
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
just a word of warning for people picking up the cheaper UK versions of the series. I picked up season 4 to complete my U.S. set and when watching noticed they bleeped out swear words... on the back it lists that too and notice that my Season 2 of enterprise from the U.K. had the same thing. so these are language censored releases for those of you thinking of grabbing the U.K. boxset/s
Whoa that's huge. How come no one mentioned this before?
Old 02-19-2016, 04:09 AM   #895
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I didn't notice any bleeping with the complete series UK boxset. Any specifics on which episodes and time codes for this? I can check on it tomorrow when I get home from work.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #896
Special Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Whoa that's huge. How come no one mentioned this before?
My first reaction was that it's because it probably isn't true. Then I took a look at the back image of the UK set on this site and, nope... wormraper's 100% right, it says it right there at the bottom in the ratings box! I have to say, I'm kind of amazed myself:

And it looks like it's also a problem with Season Two:

Last edited by Maxwell Everett; 02-19-2016 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:33 AM   #897
Special Member

May 2009

For those in the UK, do these kind of warnings also cover special features like gag reels? Because I'm having a hard time trying to think of an episode where it would be necessary to bleep a swear word. TNG is very family-friendly, especially by today's standards!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:42 AM   #898

Dec 2015
Canada

TNG was my childhood. I'm pretty sure they do say damn, but I would hardly consider that strong language! I really can't think of anything else. When Data said "Oh shit" in Generations, it was a notable because I'm sure TNG had never gone there before.

And sadly, gag reels are normally heavily censored by the studios for home video anyway - for language and usually licensed music - and then presented as the real thing, so I don't think they'd fall under this.
*** Fox Replacement Program for X-Files Season 8 ***
Detailed Information about X-Files Blu-rays, with DVD comparisons
I'm looking for the original X-Files region 1 cardboard foldout sets and I'm in Canada - please PM me if you're parting with yours.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:48 AM   #899
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Everett View Post
For those in the UK, do these kind of warnings also cover special features like gag reels? Because I'm having a hard time trying to think of an episode where it would be necessary to bleep a swear word. TNG is very family-friendly, especially by today's standards!

They have to. The ONLY swears in the series were Riker's "Dammits"
Thanks given by:
Maxwell Everett (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 06:00 AM   #900
Special Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
And sadly, gag reels are normally heavily censored by the studios for home video anyway - for language and usually licensed music - and then presented as the real thing, so I don't think they'd fall under this.
That's why I asked, I just don't know how it works across the pond. But there's definitely a ton of foul language bleeping in the gag reels which, nevertheless, you can still pretty easily tell what's being said. Every indication was that the discs were identical worldwide (hence the language options at the start of the discs).

As another example, take a look at the Season Six back cover:

"Mouthed strong language"? I certainly don't remember a scene in the show where a character did that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America