Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The X-Files: Event Series (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Blu-ray)
$14.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The New World (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Conan the Barbarian 3D (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Jungle Book (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ip Man Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Choice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$50.59
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #1321
DarkestDemon17 DarkestDemon17 is offline
Member
 
DarkestDemon17's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
2
71
16
Default

Freeze frames at the end of the movie. i.e. Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #1322
msb1428 msb1428 is offline
Senior Member
 
msb1428's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
260
247
Default

The fact that alcohol is so readily available to teenagers in movies and television. They seem to have zero problem getting it or even going and sitting at bars and getting served. Scream the tv series is one of the new culprits of this showing one of the girls who clearly looked no more than 17 just sitting at a bar drinking with no questions asked...um OK!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #1323
OptimusL OptimusL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
OptimusL's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Australia
383
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb1428 View Post
The fact that alcohol is so readily available to teenagers in movies and television. They seem to have zero problem getting it or even going and sitting at bars and getting served. Scream the tv series is one of the new culprits of this showing one of the girls who clearly looked no more than 17 just sitting at a bar drinking with no questions asked...um OK!
Your post reminded me of this lol

Nicolas Cage is a gift to this world.
A glimpse into the mind of Nicolas Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A

Last edited by OptimusL; 09-05-2015 at 12:06 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dgoswald (09-05-2015), Infernal King (09-05-2015), NP13 (09-05-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #1324
Infernal King Infernal King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Infernal King's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusL View Post
Your post reminded me of this lol

Hot Fuzz - Bar Scene (underage drinking) - YouTube
****ing iconic scene.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikesncc1701 (09-27-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #1325
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
230
Default

When a movie cuts to "security footage" from an earlier scene...which is just the exact same footage we already saw, right down to the specific edits and camera moves! See You Only Live Twice for a good example.

Also, where is the footage when Bond makes his "drop in the ocean" quip being filmed from? Was there another helicopter filming just to show Bond what was happening to the pursuit car?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #1326
bluearth bluearth is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
bluearth's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
92
2
Default

Really tired of of scenes taking place with an opera in the background
4K > 1080p
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #1327
Thomas Guycott Thomas Guycott is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Thomas Guycott's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
USA
456
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Really tired of of scenes taking place with an opera in the background
I imagine there's a big incentive to shooting in a place with big fancy architecture and getting your cast and extras all dressed up in black tie.

But it is kind of weird how much of everything is set at the opera.
You can't stop progress.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #1328
dgoswald dgoswald is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
Ethan Bradberry's house
53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestDemon17 View Post
Freeze frames at the end of the movie. i.e. Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
The freeze frame at the end of Rocky was perfect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #1329
JeffTheMovieGuy JeffTheMovieGuy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
JeffTheMovieGuy's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
What movies are you watching? Only ones I see do that. Are those horrible movie movies as I like to call them.
Those "From the Producers of Scary movie" movies where the only thing about the movie that is a parody is the fact these characters are sharing a screen together.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:03 AM   #1330
baheidstu baheidstu is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
baheidstu's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
1162
2
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
When a movie cuts to "security footage" from an earlier scene...which is just the exact same footage we already saw, right down to the specific edits and camera moves! See You Only Live Twice for a good example.

Also, where is the footage when Bond makes his "drop in the ocean" quip being filmed from? Was there another helicopter filming just to show Bond what was happening to the pursuit car?
It was a high tech Japanese spy satellite.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:56 AM   #1331
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
When the last drop of water has been coaxed from a canteen by a character wandering through an arid landscape, and he just tosses it aside. Hey, when you do locate some water, that might come in handy, eh?
Saw this again in The Scorch Trials last week. Think you're gonna carry any water you do find in your pants pocket, or your hands?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #1332
bluearth bluearth is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
bluearth's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
92
2
Default

Actors getting hit by something then getting thrown back at a ridiculous speed and force, which is suppose to evoke comedy.

I cringe every time I see it. Embarrassing.
4K > 1080p
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #1333
Ultra_Violence Ultra_Violence is offline
Power Member
 
Ultra_Violence's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Actors getting hit by something then getting thrown back at a ridiculous speed and force, which is suppose to evoke comedy.

I cringe every time I see it. Embarrassing.
It can work but it's rare. Makes things look like a Road runner cartoon and unless that's what you're going for it ain't gonna work.
R.I.P. Sean Price
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.