Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Last Supper (Blu-ray)
$13.29
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-29-2014, 05:46 PM   #2641
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Last night, I revisited Wes Craven's New Nightmare for the first time since seeing it at the theater 20 years ago.
Oh, and, by the way, I cannot believe that it's really been 20 years.
Good Lord...
Old 10-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #2642
Special Member

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I think they pulled it off nearly perfect in part 3, but after that went too far to comedy and ignored the horror from which the character was born.
I mean in 3 he had one liners, but they were almost cruel. {In Jules Winfield voice} "Just some cold-blooded shit to say to a scared teen before I off their ass!" They also didn't feel like bad forced puns like most of FD. They should've had a Freddy shark so he could've jumped himself! Would've been better than that ****ing witch!
Right, the third was great. The right amount of one liners that were more dreadful than funny like from Nightmare 4 on. Freddy still had serious stuff to tell the kids too. Like When Nancy says "he's strong, he never been this strong". And Freddy answers " yes, the souls of the children,give me strength". That's spooky stuff right there, menacing. Nothing camp about it. If they would have kept his personality like that, I could have lived with it. Nightmare 4 started what they called the MTV Freddy. The fun Freddy where you pulled for him vs the kids. The only serious thing he says is right when he's resurrected. "You shouldn't have buried me, I'm not dead".
Old 10-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #2643
Special Member

Jul 2014

I don't like New Nightmare.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #2644
Special Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I don't like New Nightmare.
Cool.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #2645
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I would love to have seen Patricia Arquette back in the role, though.
Same here and had she come back they may not have killed off her character. Patricia Arquette gave by far the best performance of anybody ever in an Elm St film and she is a main reason why Dream Warriors is my favourite of the films. Unlike with Johnny Depp, the other breakout star from the series, with her you can see in this early performance that she is a great actress. She's ferocious.
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (Yesterday)
Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #2646
Special Member

Jul 2014

My favourite Final Girl was Alice in part four. Nancy should be the obvious, but I didn't find her performance very good really until New Nightmare whereas I thought Alice was a fun character in the Dream Master AND well acted.

I also thought Taryn was awesome and was disappointed she was so short lived (even if her exit was one of my favourites) WHAT A RUSH!
Thanks given by:
iank (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #2647
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan34 View Post
Freddy being made into a joker is what killed the series IMO. Some fans really dig that aspect of the films but I can't stand it. They should have had him like he was in the original throughout the entire franchise.
Yup Freddy was dark in the orignal but he was even darker in part 2 which I loved. I know a lot of people still look down on part 2 (though its cult fan base is growing stronger and stronger by the year), but even the haters can acknowledge that Freddy was at his creepiest and most serious here.

I think I rag a lot on hating Freddy by the time part 3 comes along because he is no where near as dark, or as sinister as he was in the orignal or part 2, but comparing part 3 to the others that followed then yeah he wasn't the jokester that he later became, but part 3 did set the blueprint for it.

Last edited by Blu-21; Yesterday at 01:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #2648
Special Member

Jul 2014

Freddy in part 3 is my absolute favourite Freddy. I dunno, I like where they took him for Part Four more but in Part 3 not only is he a healthy blend of the horror Freddy of old and the comedy Freddy on the horizon but the way he picks off the characters also sees Freddy at his absolute apex.
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #2649
Special Member

Sep 2011
San Diego

thought some of you Freddy fans would enjoy this article...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/l...FAeWFob28uY29t
Eat more pussycats.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America