Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$58.49
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$58.49
The Jacques Rivette Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.48
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.09
Fifty Shades Darker (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Dracula: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.09
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.69
Silence (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99
The Iron Giant (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #281
Banned

Aug 2010
Mustafar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
I see it as a commentary on how we shouldn't depend too much on technology....
Duh!
Thanks given by:
AaronY (01-31-2017)
Old 11-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #282
Special Member

Oct 2015

I received this the other day but haven't watched it yet. It's been years since last seen on tv almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure when I'll get around to viewing it but in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is the movie (or maybe Futureworld or Stepford Wives) when a dude had sex with one of the robots and you can tell he
[Show spoiler]unloaded himself
when they show the female robot short-circuiting or maybe
[Show spoiler]simulating an orgasm
. I'm not exactly sure about the latter but call me strange for that scene has stuck with me all those years, lol. I just don't remember which of the 3 films it was in.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #283
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
2nd Star to the Right ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinkDinkerson View Post
I received this the other day but haven't watched it yet. It's been years since last seen on tv almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure when I'll get around to viewing it but in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is the movie (or maybe Futureworld or Stepford Wives) when a dude had sex with one of the robots and you can tell he
[Show spoiler]unloaded himself
when they show the female robot short-circuiting or maybe
[Show spoiler]simulating an orgasm
. I'm not exactly sure about the latter but call me strange for that scene has stuck with me all those years, lol. I just don't remember which of the 3 films it was in.

I think you may be remembering Westworld and one of the saloon girls. I don't think it was from the act itself, but just a prelude to the robots going all wonky. Not that anything can really go wrong .... go wrong .... go wrong.... go wrong ....

Last edited by HonestJohn; 11-25-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Thanks given by:
WinkDinkerson (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 01:50 AM   #284
Special Member

Oct 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
I think you may be remembering Westworld and one of the saloon girls. I don't think it was from the act itself, but just a prelude to the robots going all wonky. Not that anything can really go wrong .... go wrong .... go wrong.... go wrong ....
Thx. That's it because I now recall the saloon gal. I think I'll push the movie up the list to view.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #285

Mar 2016
Old continent

Sorry for the bump, but I just want to bring up the fact that HBO in Europe aired the film to support the premiere of their new show. Also, here are some screengrabs from that airing that I took:

Thoughts?

BTW can someone tell me what they used to film it and why sometimes the image is so noisy and soft?
Long live the disc!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #286
Special Member

Jun 2010
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchrust View Post
Sorry for the bump, but I just want to bring up the fact that HBO in Europe aired the film to support the premiere of their new show. Also, here are some screengrabs from that airing that I took:

Thoughts?

BTW can someone tell me what they used to film it and why sometimes the image is so noisy and soft?
Shame they cropped it. The Blu-ray looks great.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:28 AM   #287

May 2009

Love the movie. Love the new show.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #288
Special Member

Jun 2015

The Blu-ray is pretty solid. Felt like I was watching a very high quality 35mm print.

Noticed no geometry or color issues, there were a few places where the contrast seemed a little hot but it could certainly be this way on the IP which was presumably used for this release.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #289
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2008
Los Angeles

Yeah I watched this last week for the first time and thought it looked fine. Not spectacular but more than good enough.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | (2016 Top 25) | 2017 Movie Ratings
Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #290

Mar 2016
Old continent

Is the print HBO used different from the BDs? And how does it fare iyo?
Long live the disc!

Last edited by Ketchrust; 10-14-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #291
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (150)

I watched Westworld for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it. I may buy it at BB. I saw they have it in-stock locally. I saw the first 2 episodes of Westworld HBO series and really wanted to see the movie.
Thanks given by:
glennstl (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #292

Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
I watched Westworld for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it. I may buy it at BB. I saw they have it in-stock locally. I saw the first 2 episodes of Westworld HBO series and really wanted to see the movie.
Definitely agree. It's a great movie and holds up still well today. I watched it about a year before the HBO show, and I enjoy both versions in their own ways.

Not as good as the original Westworld, but you might enjoy checking out Futureworld, the sequel from 1976. It's definitely not the same production level of the first movie, but the story is kinda fun and they do add some interesting new story ideas to their "world". Would like to see season 2 of the HBO show use some of these ideas, such as additional worlds/parks.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #293
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennstl View Post
Definitely agree. It's a great movie and holds up still well today. I watched it about a year before the HBO show, and I enjoy both versions in their own ways.

Not as good as the original Westworld, but you might enjoy checking out Futureworld, the sequel from 1976. It's definitely not the same production level of the first movie, but the story is kinda fun and they do add some interesting new story ideas to their "world". Would like to see season 2 of the HBO show use some of these ideas, such as additional worlds/parks.
[Show spoiler]Additional worlds were pretty much already confirmed in the finale episode.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #294
Blu-ray Prince

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I do like this movie a lot and do think it holds up, but it does have a problem with having very few characters that are interesting and not a lot of real drama. It's very plot focused, in other words. Still really good though.
Thanks given by:
AaronY (01-15-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #295
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I do like this movie a lot and do think it holds up, but it does have a problem with having very few characters that are interesting and not a lot of real drama. It's very plot focused, in other words. Still really good though.
Yeah, it's more about the concept than the characters (with the TV version perhaps being the opposite) but it's still very entertaining.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #296

Sep 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Shame they cropped it. The Blu-ray looks great.
They crop everything almost unless there is a contract by the studio that demands oar. For as much crap as streaming gets at least Netflix, Amazon, vudu, Hulu, etc always use oar as opposed to what most cable channels do. At least I think showtime, TMC, and HDNet off the top of my head use oar as opposed to 90% of the other channels
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #297
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2008
Los Angeles

Enjoyed the movie but once was enough. The show takes the same premise and really runs with it in a way the movie never could. Brynner is his usual awesome self, though; worth watching mainly for him.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | (2016 Top 25) | 2017 Movie Ratings
Thanks given by:
AaronY (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #298
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

James Cameron clearly watched it before 1983 or so
Would you like some coffee, Mr. Tully?
Do I?
Yes, have some.
Yes, have some!
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (01-15-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:30 PM   #299

Apr 2011
Philly , PA

Westworld is amazing the blu-ray has the first episode of the 1980 TV show Beyond Westworld on it in HD. Futureworld the sequel is on Hulu right now it is a terrible and cheesy movie but insightful.
"All right. So, listen. Why don't you give me a call when you want to start taking things a little more seriously? Here's my card."

I have an Alice in Wonderland (Cartoon) Blu Ray Disney Movie Rewards code for trade PM me if interested.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:35 AM   #300

Jun 2016

I was hoping to see deleted scenes included amongst the supplements.

Do they still exist?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America