Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$77.99
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2015, 05:04 AM   #281
JimSmith JimSmith is offline
Senior Member
 
JimSmith's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Mos Eisley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
I see it as a commentary on how we shouldn't depend too much on technology....
Duh!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #282
WinkDinkerson WinkDinkerson is online now
Special Member
 
WinkDinkerson's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Ontario, Canada
1070
206
Default

I received this the other day but haven't watched it yet. It's been years since last seen on tv almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure when I'll get around to viewing it but in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is the movie (or maybe Futureworld or Stepford Wives) when a dude had sex with one of the robots and you can tell he
[Show spoiler]unloaded himself
when they show the female robot short-circuiting or maybe
[Show spoiler]simulating an orgasm
. I'm not exactly sure about the latter but call me strange for that scene has stuck with me all those years, lol. I just don't remember which of the 3 films it was in.
.
Some of My Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy / Law & Order / Three's Company / Columbo / M*A*S*H / Get Smart / The Andy Griffith Show / Trailer Park Boys / The X-Files / South Park / Seinfeld / Kolchak: The Night Stalker / Little Britain U.S.A. / Sanford and Son / Robot Chicken / The Carol Burnett Show / The Brady Bunch / The Waltons / Whose Line Is It Anyway? / SCTV / The Hilarious House of Frightenstein / I Love Lucy / Don Kirshner's Rock Concert / Archer / The Dick Van Dyke Show
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #283
HonestJohn HonestJohn is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
HonestJohn's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Within the Woods ...
806
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinkDinkerson View Post
I received this the other day but haven't watched it yet. It's been years since last seen on tv almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure when I'll get around to viewing it but in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is the movie (or maybe Futureworld or Stepford Wives) when a dude had sex with one of the robots and you can tell he
[Show spoiler]unloaded himself
when they show the female robot short-circuiting or maybe
[Show spoiler]simulating an orgasm
. I'm not exactly sure about the latter but call me strange for that scene has stuck with me all those years, lol. I just don't remember which of the 3 films it was in.

I think you may be remembering Westworld and one of the saloon girls. I don't think it was from the act itself, but just a prelude to the robots going all wonky. Not that anything can really go wrong .... go wrong .... go wrong.... go wrong ....

Last edited by HonestJohn; 11-25-2015 at 11:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WinkDinkerson (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 02:50 AM   #284
WinkDinkerson WinkDinkerson is online now
Special Member
 
WinkDinkerson's Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Ontario, Canada
1070
206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
I think you may be remembering Westworld and one of the saloon girls. I don't think it was from the act itself, but just a prelude to the robots going all wonky. Not that anything can really go wrong .... go wrong .... go wrong.... go wrong ....
Thx. That's it because I now recall the saloon gal. I think I'll push the movie up the list to view.
.
Some of My Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy / Law & Order / Three's Company / Columbo / M*A*S*H / Get Smart / The Andy Griffith Show / Trailer Park Boys / The X-Files / South Park / Seinfeld / Kolchak: The Night Stalker / Little Britain U.S.A. / Sanford and Son / Robot Chicken / The Carol Burnett Show / The Brady Bunch / The Waltons / Whose Line Is It Anyway? / SCTV / The Hilarious House of Frightenstein / I Love Lucy / Don Kirshner's Rock Concert / Archer / The Dick Van Dyke Show
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #285
Ketchrust Ketchrust is offline
Member
 
Mar 2016
Old continent
13
Default

Sorry for the bump, but I just want to bring up the fact that HBO in Europe aired the film to support the premiere of their new show. Also, here are some screengrabs from that airing that I took:







Thoughts?

BTW can someone tell me what they used to film it and why sometimes the image is so noisy and soft?
Long live the disc!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #286
Indiana Jonezzz... Indiana Jonezzz... is online now
Special Member
 
Indiana Jonezzz...'s Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchrust View Post
Sorry for the bump, but I just want to bring up the fact that HBO in Europe aired the film to support the premiere of their new show. Also, here are some screengrabs from that airing that I took:







Thoughts?

BTW can someone tell me what they used to film it and why sometimes the image is so noisy and soft?
Shame they cropped it. The Blu-ray looks great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:28 AM   #287
oldgame oldgame is online now
Senior Member
 
oldgame's Avatar
 
May 2009
48
10
Default

Love the movie. Love the new show.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #288
JohnCarpenterFan JohnCarpenterFan is offline
Expert Member
 
JohnCarpenterFan's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
295
Default

The Blu-ray is pretty solid. Felt like I was watching a very high quality 35mm print.

Noticed no geometry or color issues, there were a few places where the contrast seemed a little hot but it could certainly be this way on the IP which was presumably used for this release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #289
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
US of A
2
6
Default

Yeah I watched this last week for the first time and thought it looked fine. Not spectacular but more than good enough.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:14 PM   #290
Ketchrust Ketchrust is offline
Member
 
Mar 2016
Old continent
13
Default

Is the print HBO used different from the BDs? And how does it fare iyo?
Long live the disc!

Last edited by Ketchrust; 10-14-2016 at 11:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.