Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home Alone Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Lost After Dark (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$49.48
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$89.98
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #8901

Feb 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODE RED DVD View Post
Hi, I can take of the problem. never has a mis-press of a missing disc that the case was wrapped (sweet sixteen dvd) on that pressing plant.

But WHY THE HELL DID YOU DISPUTE THE WHOLE FREAKIN' AMOUNT OF $141 BUCK! paypal will give you $141 bucks since you refuse to remove it. WTF!
That guy was nice and professional enough to send you a PM instead of publicly announcing the problem. Perhaps you should do the same Bill.
Patiently Waiting For:
Irréversible (2002), À L'Intérieur (2007), Visitor Q (2001)
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #8902
Code Red Insider

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
That guy was nice and professional enough to send you a PM instead of publicly announcing the problem. Perhaps you should do the same Bill.
ok, but why did he dispute the whole amount? you can dispute for one item, not all. paypal do have that function. everytime I get someone disputing the whole amount I always get trouble later. honesty is important. it's like a flashlight bought at targets dies, shall I ask refund the Blu-ray player and the icebox I bought the same day?

Last edited by CODE RED DVD; Yesterday at 07:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #8903

Feb 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
ok, but why did he dispute the whole amount? you can dispute for one item, not all. paypal due have that function. everytime I get someone disputing the whole amount I always get trouble later. honesty is important. it's like a flashlight bought at targets dies, shall I ask refund the Blu-ray player and the icebox I bought the same day?
No one but the customer can answer that question.
Patiently Waiting For:
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #8904

Oct 2013
San Jose California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubious View Post
I can see the reason for the complaints, if he wanted to keep the possibility of a reprint open then word it different than "limited edition", like "initial pressing limited to 1000 copies" would be a very different statement.
Well, I'm pretty positive that when Bill pressed his original runs of 1000 each, based on previous sales experience, he never thought he would sell through the pressings in a million years.

Now, due to so many that were left out and increased exposure through SAE, there is still demand for more of these previously limited editions. Bill is doing the right thing by making more available. Also, there is confirmation from Bill that these latest represses are all that is going to be made, no more represses.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #8905

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morgan View Post
Bill will always receive complaints everywhere he goes for the Simple reason that he doesn't cowtow or cater to every sniveling whining complainer out there. People have been conditioned to believe that " the customer is always right" and it must REALLY get their goat that there is a business owner out there with balls and won't take their shyte.
Nonsense. A firm business head is different from an often unprofessional one. There's no way to reconcile how Bill runs the public image of Code Red completely differently from all competing dvd labels. Do you really feel that a nice, respectful guy like Don May Jr doesn't have balls because he maintains a professional and nice public image? Don't glamorize the way Bill handles things.

I love Code Red, I will buy from Code Red. No questions asked. No matter how we runs the business, I frankly don't give a shit because all I care about is the quality of the release and its general accessibility to me. In that way Bill is simply awesome, Code Red puts out major amounts of ballsy material that's hard to profit off of. The walk of Code Red is awesome, it deserves praise. But don't glamorize the rude, unprofessional talk.
Thanks given by:
Pinot Grigio (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #8906

Jan 2012

Quote:
No one but the customer can answer that question.
No offence but Bill has a very strong point here. I wouldn't give the customer the benefit of the doubt in the way you are. Although indeed I don't think Bill should publicly respond about stuff like this. Even if it really might end up sucking for him.
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #8907

Jul 2010
Denmark

hi Bill. - One Thing that Would be Nice on the releases is the option of subtitles
Thanks given by:
Se.Vero (Today), Undeadcow (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #8908

Feb 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needleman View Post
No offence but Bill has a very strong point here. I wouldn't give the customer the benefit of the doubt in the way you are. Although indeed I don't think Bill should publicly respond about stuff like this. Even if it really might end up sucking for him.
Please point out, specifically, where I sided with the person he is referring to, or where I encouraged anyone that they give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

The ONLY message I conveyed is that Bill needs to stop dragging one on one business dealings with customers into this thread. I'm sure that customer didn't appreciate everyone in here knowing what his PM was about.
Patiently Waiting For:
Thanks given by:
Pinot Grigio (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #8909
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
So "Limited to 1,000 copies" is shorthand for "Limited to 1,000 copies until all of those are sold".

Personally, I'm glad they were repressed since I don't scalp or worry about resale value. But words are supposed to mean things. I can see why some are getting a little PO'd. Its busch league to rag on those people.
Truthfully, everything is limited to some number. For someone who wants to purchase a release to own and watch does it really matter if it's limited to 1,000 or 2,000 or 5,000?

As far as I'm aware, unlike Twilight Time, the Code Red releases don't have a disclaimer on the cover art advertising that they're limited to xxxx copies.

It seems CR made a good decision to stop mentioning the number of copies available for the latest releases at SAE. Even though they still state Limited Edition, someone can't come back and say "but you said it was limited to X number of copies".

Quote:
I'm sure that customer didn't appreciate everyone in here knowing what his PM was about.
Maybe but it's not like it's something that can't be discussed openly. The customer received a sealed copy of a release which was missing the disc. There's nothing secret about that and it's not like it hasn't happened on the rare occasion with the majors.

Last edited by rdodolak; Yesterday at 09:07 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #8910
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Just got Milligan's BLOOD today. Thanks Bill for these Milligan releases. Can't wait for the next one.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #8911

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Maybe but it's not like it's something that can't be discussed openly. The customer received a sealed copy of a release which was missing the disc. There's nothing secret about that and it's not like it hasn't happened on the rare occasion with the majors.
Weird things happen in production lines, I always check the case for the disc when I get the title in even if I won't watch it for a while. It really be a better idea to check the playback as well if you have the time. I once got a dvd from Blue Underground, but it wouldn't read in any of my dvd players, some reported it as non-dvd disc type. I mean, there was absolutely no data on it as far as I could tell, the front side got labeled, but the data side never got stamped?
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #8912

Oct 2011

Quote:
only complaint is I have 770 SAVAGE STREETS blocking my door.
Bill, I am from the UK and asked how to buy a copy and you are directing me to a site that doesn't stock it? Help me out here.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #8913
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
"Them!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelGoodsen View Post
Bill, I am from the UK and asked how to buy a copy and you are directing me to a site that doesn't stock it? Help me out here.
People are helping you out. You're just not liking the answers that they're giving to you. Bill doesn't ship overseas. He's already said so, to many other people as well, multiple times in this thread. Email Diabolik and ask if they'll get it for you. If not, keep checking other online retailers.

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Bill, I'm from the UK. How can I get a hold of Savage Streets Blu Ray?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboyblu View Post
Keep your eyes peeled on eBay or DiabloikDVD.
Quote:
you can request and ask diabolik to carry more?

Last edited by lilboyblu; Yesterday at 11:04 PM.
Old Today, 12:49 AM   #8914
Expert Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
They have no one to blame but their selves. OOP doesn't mean it will be OOP forever,
But "limited edition" does, and that's how they were sold.
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #8915
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Email info@diabolikdvd.com and tell them to stock more copies of Savage Streets.
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #8916

Jun 2011

Quote:
ok, but why did he dispute the whole amount? you can dispute for one item, not all. paypal do have that function. everytime I get someone disputing the whole amount I always get trouble later. honesty is important. it's like a flashlight bought at targets dies, shall I ask refund the Blu-ray player and the icebox I bought the same day?
I returned a defective disk, and Pay-pal says "optional" in the field that asks the disputed amount. If someone is simply looking for a replacement, they don't want a refund, so I can see leaving the field blank until they know if that's possible. Pay-pal doesn't make it clear that by default that makes the amount for the entire purchase hang in limbo.

Again this is something that better communication would solve for both parties.

I for one sent the defective disk back immediately after getting CR address, and dropped the dispute the minute I got a replacement disk so I'd say it's not a problem everytime.
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #8917

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF! View Post
I've just watched Trick or Treats. The blu is great. The picture quality and audio are ace. It really does the lighting justice. It's a pretty well photographed film I thought. Painful to watch as movie but a good looking one.
Sorry you didn't like it, but I could have told you THAT..
I have come here to chew ass and kick bubblegum...and I'm all out of ass.
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #8918

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
Quote:
They have no one to blame but their selves. OOP doesn't mean it will be OOP forever.

But "limited edition" does, and that's how they were sold.
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Companies like to make money. We like to buy blu rays. We don't always get the best price, autograph, slipcover, extras, or limited edition number that we want. Be damn happy that Code Red even exists to put out these films that no one else would bother to touch. And since I'm probably the 10,000th person to say this, I'm sure someone will come along in 5 minutes and bring up what you just said again. Life isn't fair. Live it, or end it, it's a goddamn movie.
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUC*ING COUCH!
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #8919
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
To those trying to get rich off flipping these titles, I gots no sympathy. You play the game, sometimes you lose.
I noticed a few years ago the same guy on ebay picking up countless TT Christine Blu-rays all at $100+ a pop. No doubt envisioning a Fright Night-esque sell off of each one for $300+ later on. He seems to be trying to blow them all out at $49.99 now

In other news, I spent $600 at Target and was shocked to find that the 99 cent bag of candy I purchased that day was short sized by a tenth of an ounce. I hit the customer service desk and they nicely refunded me the full $600

Totally unrelated: can't wait to pick up Sweet Sixteen, just waiting for SAE to add Grizzly and Where The Boys Are '84 so I can save on shipping. Hope it doesn't sell out before then Thank you Bill for continuing to release these great movies on Blu-ray, despite any hiccups you have with Paypal and problem customers, most of us appreciate what you do.
Seeking some non-existant digital codes...

Out of This World S1-S4 HD UV / TAG The Assassination Game HD UV
Old Today, 07:34 AM   #8920

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrarg View Post
just waiting for SAE to add Grizzly and so I can save on shipping.
Oh believe me, me too! I've been checking SAE every day now, periodically throughout the day hoping they put up Grizzly
I have come here to chew ass and kick bubblegum...and I'm all out of ass.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors