Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray)
$7.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #2081

Jun 2012
Rome, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Heh, not sure how else to respond to this... But 'Warner doesn't lock their discs'... So, no, it's not region locked (any of them). Their Java code doesn't even have the option to do region locking (not that they couldn't add it, but they've never bothered).

But, trust me, it's not region locked...
ok, tnx for the explanation.
I trust you
Old 02-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #2082
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Is it worth getting the bonus contents "making of pacific rim"?
Trust No One
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #2083

Sep 2012
Default Region A/1 PR Versions:

1) Standard 2D (3-Discs) w/ Standard Lenticular Slip;
2) Standard 3D (4-Discs) w/ Standard Lenticular Slip;
3) WM Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "A History of Jaegers" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ Exclusive Slip;
4) BBY Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "The Anteverse" Featurette via CinemaNow w/ Exclusive Slip;
5) Target [Canadian, Bilingual] Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "The Making of PR" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ Exclusive Slip;
6*) Canadian Target's Cover Art [U.S.] 2D Featuring "The Making of Pacific Rim" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ No Slip;
7) 3D Limited Edition [U.S.] (4-Discs); and
8) 2D Limited Edition HMV Exclusive [Canadian, Bilingual] (3-Discs).

* = Hit or miss availability, but is available at WM, Amazon, and Best Buy (website).

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #2084
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Dagobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by impasse View Post
[Show spoiler]i ordered the "new" one off of bestbuy.com (online-only sku, but lists same release date as all the others), and received it today. upc is 883929361533, no slip, but it does look exactly as Eagles612's pictures of the amazon one (which has since been replaced by the original art again). so i guess in a way we still got the target "exclusive" that they had in canada..and it is not the walmart feature.

the original walmart exclusive was listed as "A History Of Jaegers: a comprehensive look at Jaegers exploring the rich, storied history of the mechanical warriors." confirmed to be on the disc, while
this new one has "The Making of Pacific Rim: Drop into the middle of production as Guillermo del Toro brings his vision and the world of Pacific Rim to life." on the disc.
[Show spoiler]the regular best buy exclusive was "The Anteverse: A detailed look at each Kaiju creation and the Aliens that inhabit the Anteverse." on cinemanow.

so the question is, do i want to replace the disc in my 3d combo pack with the disc with the extra bonus feature, and sell the rest, or..damn wb making actually different discs instead of just having bonus discs like most other distributors. no easy way to have a definitive version with more features unless only one retailer has an exclusive (see argo, 42, gatsby, etc.), but even then they might only have it in the non-3d packs. same thing with man of steel, and the cheap shot of only having the collector's set have the full-color disc art, when it really should've combined all the retailer exclusive features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
Is it worth getting the bonus contents "making of pacific rim"?
I second that question. Is it about the visual effects or more in general?
Does it repeat material discussed/shown in the original release, or is it all brand new?

Would be great if we could shed light on this once and for all.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #2085

Jun 2012
Northern VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanMatthew View Post
1) Standard 2D (3-Discs) w/ Standard Lenticular Slip;
2) Standard 3D (4-Discs) w/ Standard Lenticular Slip;
3) WM Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "A History of Jaegers" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ Exclusive Slip;
4) BBY Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "The Anteverse" Featurette via CinemaNow w/ Exclusive Slip;
5) Target [Canadian, Bilingual] Exclusive 2D (3-Discs) Featuring "The Making of PR" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ Exclusive Slip;
6*) Canadian Target's Cover Art [U.S.] 2D Featuring "The Making of Pacific Rim" Featurette on 2nd BD w/ No Slip;
7) 3D Limited Edition [U.S.] (4-Discs); and
8) 2D Limited Edition HMV Exclusive [Canadian, Bilingual] (3-Discs).

* = Hit or miss availability, but is available at WM, Amazon, and Best Buy (website).

Hope this helps.
so i posted a while back about 6 on your list which is now deactivated at best buy. it was also available on wbshop, then they changed the images, etc. to the standard version and added another version which has since been deactivated. now best buy has another version for preorder showing up without an image, releasing on 04/15/14. anyone know what this might be, possibly movie cash or something? doesn't make sense to buy it for $19.99 when the 3d is only $17.99 currently, but.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #2086
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by impasse View Post
so i posted a while back about 6 on your list which is now deactivated at best buy. it was also available on wbshop, then they changed the images, etc. to the standard version and added another version which has since been deactivated. now best buy has another version for preorder showing up without an image, releasing on 04/15/14. anyone know what this might be, possibly movie cash or something? doesn't make sense to buy it for $19.99 when the 3d is only $17.99 currently, but.
Probably has movie cash for Godzilla.
Marty: Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics.

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #2087

Oct 2011
England

Does anyone know why amazon's listing for Pacific rim has a different cover and lists the film with 2 discs. Have Warner now dropped the dvd and ultraviolet from the set?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Pac...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #2088

Sep 2012
Sydney Australia

The new cover means that it has the additional Making Of featurette. But we don't know whether Amazon will still ship out the old one with the old cover. I think that I will wait till next year or when the price drops.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #2089

Oct 2011
England

Thanks for the info
Old 04-06-2014, 05:17 AM   #2090

Jun 2012
Northern VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Probably has movie cash for Godzilla.
despite being listed as "Only Available for Shipping" on bestbuy.com, i found it today on an endcap in a store in fredericksburg, va for the same $24.99 as online, same sku and all, with the regular lenticular slipped copy for $22.99 in the regular bd section.

also of note is a copy of the batman begins limited edition dvd that's been in this store for as long as i can remember, hahah..
Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #2091

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by northenmonkey81 View Post
Does anyone know why amazon's listing for Pacific rim has a different cover and lists the film with 2 discs. Have Warner now dropped the dvd and ultraviolet from the set?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Pac...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
This version has 3 discs--movie + special features + DVD. It also has the UV. But no slip. Great deal if you don't care for slipcovers. I tossed the DVD, and the two-disc case now houses the movie on one hub and the extras on the other.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #2092
Special Member

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I finally saw this last night on HBO. My only complaint being the loud nerd character was an annoying distraction and really took me out of the film when the plot shifted over to him.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #2093

Sep 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheMovieGuy View Post
I finally saw this last night on HBO. My only complaint being the loud nerd character was an annoying distraction and really took me out of the film when the plot shifted over to him.
Agreed. His "acting" (i.e. character arc) was OTT. He was awesome in Horrible Bosses, but he's rapidly becoming typecast
On Pre-order:
Captain Phillips (Steelbook)
Iron Man 3 (Steelbook)
Olympus Has Fallen (Steelbook)
Rush (Steelbook)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America