COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #781
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Wait... what is going on in here?
[reads a bunch of posts above]
Oh my goodness... this is just too much...

This isn't Inception people! This film is much more straight forward. People are really reaching on this one for no other reason than wanting to be different. If Spielberg wanted ambiguity, he would have made his ambiguity more blatant. He's not the type of director to go halfway to confuse the audience. What you see happen actually happens!
Hey ... whoa! thebard put forward an interesting proposition and folks are discussing it - with a free expression of ideas. There's no cause for you to get a bunch - it's what the thread is here for. Chill, dude!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #782

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Obviously I (respectfully) disagree...
In fact, I think that
[Show spoiler]the interior of the containment cell, with it's extended platform, even resembles the lobotomy chamber at the end of Brazil; and the pull-back from Gabriel during his "part of my flock" dialog mimics the camera move off Jonathan Pryce in that same scene.
The epic pull-back shot is pretty common in modern sci-fi/fantasy movies, though. And I can think of some that are like that shot in Minority Report, but unlike Brazil, in that they pull back to reveal that the hero is just one of many people imprisoned or unconscious in neat orderly rows in a vast space, like the opening of Star Trek: First Contact with Picard on the Borg Cube, or Neo waking up in The Matrix and seeing a huge number of other pods around him.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #783
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Hey ... whoa! thebard put forward an interesting proposition and folks are discussing it - with a free expression of ideas. There's no cause for you to get a bunch - it's what the thread is here for. Chill, dude!
I do believe that you overinterpreted the degree to which I responded. I am all for discussion of this nature. I was just offering my opinion. At no point was I actually "emotionally charged" enough to merit a "chill dude" reply.

Perhaps more smilies were in order?
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #784
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

'sall good... no offense taken.
Discuss on!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #785
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
I do believe that you overinterpreted the degree to which I responded. I am all for discussion of this nature. I was just offering my opinion. At no point was I actually "emotionally charged" enough to merit a "chill dude" reply.

Perhaps more smilies were in order?
Okay, my apologies. I guess it was the "unimpressed" Smiley .. so now I'm off to "chill" with a cold one.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #786

Nov 2008
Norton Shores, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Even though I think thebard has some good points, I want to stress that I came to the same conclusion (but not nearly as well fleshed out) just upon my first viewing of the film. Before you completely resist thebard's premise I would strongly encourage another viewing of the film with an opened mind and see what you think then. Don't just go from memory, and don't just go on preconceived notions of Spielberg. I'd like to see what happens when more people go back for another viewing.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #787

Mar 2011
-
-
Default New Minority Report Blu on Dec. 3?

Amazon has a pre-order available for a Minority Report Blu-ray that comes out on December 3, 2013. Does anyone know if this is different from the previous version(s) or just an identical re-issue? Here's the page:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZH0AUE
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #788
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->118 UV-------->247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtGiraffe View Post
Amazon has a pre-order available for a Minority Report Blu-ray that comes out on December 3, 2013. Does anyone know if this is different from the previous version(s) or just an identical re-issue? Here's the page:

Looks like a re-release to me. Maybe Paramount gave the distribution rights to Warner for a while.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #789
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Looks like a re-release to me. Maybe Paramount gave the distribution rights to Warner for a while.
Paramount's holding onto the Spielberg directed films forever. I smell Moviecash promotion... possibly Anchorman 2 or Jack Ryan: Shadow One or both.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #790
Expert Member

Oct 2012
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtGiraffe View Post

Movie cash or combo pack
Old 02-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #791

Mar 2012
South Italy

Do any of the international Digibooks have English text in the pages and back cover?
Faster than a bullet from a gun. Closer to Heaven than to Earth.

2K setup: 65" Panasonic VT65, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2, Oppo BDP-103 Region-Free, Jamo E850 fronts, E8CEN centre, E800 surrounds and rear surrounds, E8SUB subwoofer, Monster Power HTS-2600, 1TB Mediacentre, 500GB PS4, Cyron RGB LEDs. 50" VT30 and 40GB fat PS3 in the lounge.

4K setup to follow...
Old 03-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #792

Aug 2013
Salisbury, MD

Random bump for this thread, but how rare is the lenticular slipcover for this blu? I saw it used at FYE tonight in excellent condition and was wondering if i should've grabbed it?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:59 AM   #793
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->118 UV-------->247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micking00 View Post
Random bump for this thread, but how rare is the lenticular slipcover for this blu? I saw it used at FYE tonight in excellent condition and was wondering if i should've grabbed it?
It's nice, but I much prefer the U.K. steelbook. Just keep in mind that the U.S. disc sports a superior transfer.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #794
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Props to thebard. I suppose I picked some of that stuff up subconciously but all I needed was gideon's dialogue. There's really only two reasons for it to exist.... 1 everything after that is in fact Anderton's dreams coming true or 2 Spielberg wants us to consider the possibility.

Now it's up to you... if you believe AI has a happy ending then you almost certainly believe Anderton escaped his containment cell and fixed every single thing that had gone wrong in his life. If you can resist the temptation of putting Spielberg in his box there are other options to be pondered.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 AM   #795
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosifl View Post
Another reason I doubt that interpretation is that
[Show spoiler]although we the audience see that Burgess was the one who set up Anderton before they catch Anderton and put him in suspended animation (the scene where Burgess kills Witwer happened before the scene where they catch Anderton, at least according to the wikipedia summary), Anderton himself doesn't see any clues to Burgess' guilt beforehand, does he? So you'd be stuck either saying that Anderton's dreaming mind got it right by a lucky guess, or his mind pieced it together from clues that we the audience never really saw. Both would seem like pretty bad storytelling.
[Show spoiler]"Why would they set you up?"
"Because I found out about her..."
"Who?"
"How could I not have seen it... Anne Lively!"

I think Anderton has figured it out at this point. He's looking for confirmation from Agatha, but he knows.

And thanks, Big Blue.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #796
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Orange Park, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micking00 View Post
Get it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America