Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Are You Still Going to Watch X-Men DoFP?
Yes 156 91.76%
No 14 8.24%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #2781
Special Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenMan18 View Post
While this is my most anticipated movie for the year along with Gotg, for what reason do these studios release teasers... To other teasers ? Lol some are like 17 seconds, 15, this one is 7, I mean c'mon already..

I agree with you with all the teasers, I'd much rather just have a solid full trailer or two instead, but I would guess that it's the studios trying to keep interest alive with their films amongst all the other movies of the same genre being promoted and released.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #2782
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

The BBFC have rated a new 2 minute, 28 second trailer so hopefully that means it will pop up soon.

I imagine it's ready in time for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, being as that's out two weeks today in the UK (and some other international territories). Not that it's a given you'll see it with that film but Fox will want cinemas to have it there as an option.
If you need to use GIFs to make your point or argument then chances are it isn't really worth making.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #2783
Power Member

Jan 2009

I'm in kind of a hurry--do they have a 2 second preview of the 7 second preview?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #2784
Special Member

Jun 2012
ClearBrook

Heard new trailer is coming tomorrow and will show off sentinels
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #2785
Special Member

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidofistpimp View Post
Heard new trailer is coming tomorrow and will show off sentinels
Really? Most of what I've read is that it'll debut March 24 on Good Morning America...based on one of Hugh Jackman's tweets. Either way, we know it's coming.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #2786
Expert Member

Oct 2013
a desert

I could've sworn the site said it was coming like may 22nd but hopefully it meant march. Either way, can't wait to see the sentinels in action xD
Aldo Raine: Yeah, they made that deal, but they don't give a *frick* about him. They need you.
Hans Landa: You'll be shot for this!
Aldo Raine: Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

Trade thread/ wants: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=233331

Last edited by StatenMan18; 03-12-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #2787

Mar 2011

Storm only in one scene of X-Men: Days of Future Past?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=96150

Quote:
Meanwhile, on the work front, a source who was on the set of X Men: Days of Future Past, tells us Berry, who plays Storm, was cut out of every scene but one in post-production. - New York Daily News
If this is true, people are going to be pissed. I love Storm in the comics, but I think Berry's portrayal in the movies is awful. I'd be fine if she's not in the film much. My bigger concern is that, this plus the Rogue cuts leads me to believe they didn't have a clear vision or idea of where they were going while making this movie. I still think the movie will be good.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #2788
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post

If this is true, people are going to be pissed. I love Storm in the comics, but I think Berry's portrayal in the movies is awful. I'd be fine if she's not in the film much. My bigger concern is that, this plus the Rogue cuts leads me to believe they didn't have a clear vision or idea of where they were going while making this movie. I still think the movie will be good.
No, I think they just shot a sh!t-load of film for this movie because they had signed all these actors from both the modern and 1960/70s era and then after seeing the rough cut they realized they had a monster running time that took away from the narrative.

I think we'll see all the scenes on Blu-ray and I'd certainly be up for an extended edition with all these scenes put back in.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #2789
Expert Member

Oct 2013
a desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
No, I think they just shot a sh!t-load of film for this movie because they had signed all these actors from both the modern and 1960/70s era and then after seeing the rough cut they realized they had a monster running time that took away from the narrative.

I think we'll see all the scenes on Blu-ray and I'd certainly be up for an extended edition with all these scenes put back in.
Yeah I feel ya there, I bet fox would have no problem with an extended/ directors cut. Got it for the wolverine so no reason why it can't be done again.

Also, there are four new xmen preorders as of like yesterday, anyone know what those are all about ? All the movies Except for the first xmen and the 2013 wolverine have a new release date for may 6 this year..
Aldo Raine: Yeah, they made that deal, but they don't give a *frick* about him. They need you.
Hans Landa: You'll be shot for this!
Aldo Raine: Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

Trade thread/ wants: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=233331
Old 03-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #2790

Jan 2007
Earth

Sounds like they did a great job planning this film.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #2791
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

They need to release another trailer. Ive started to lose interest especially seeing the same trailer over and over.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #2792
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
They need to release another trailer. Ive started to lose interest especially seeing the same trailer over and over.
I miss the days when movies, even big budget ones, only had one trailer and that was it. Nothing was really ruined by three or four different trailers.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #2793
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
I miss the days when movies, even big budget ones, only had one trailer and that was it. Nothing was really ruined by three or four different trailers.
+1

The trailer that's been released is great. Because it teases the film without giving anything away.

That's what I loved about the teaser for 'Prometheus'. Then the trailer came out and gave away the entire plot of the film.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Old 03-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #2794
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post

Just like I thought from the beginning, the older cast (Storm, etc) is basically going to be extended cameos in this film. Anyone thinking that both casts were going to be major roles in this were fooling yourselves.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
My Letterboxd Page - Make yours and follow mine!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #2795
Power Member

Jan 2009

Lots of fantastic movies have a ton of stuff cut from them---even entire performances of major stars. Them having to cut down the parts of some of the 2 dozen mutants involved show no lack of planning.

What this is showing is that as much as Singer loves his original cast---the 'modern' framing portion of the movie doesn't need to be as long as they first thought or the movie in general is just running long and the 'modern' portions are easier to trim.

I always suspected that the modern section was going to be fairly short, but I'm glad it will be substantial and I love the idea of a really epic length director's cut.

Only thing that might prevent that are the expenses to finish the FX for the deleted scenes.

Just like I thought from the beginning, the older cast (Storm, etc) is basically going to be extended cameos in this film. Anyone thinking that both casts were going to be major roles in this were fooling yourselves.

I agree, but it looks like Singer did shoot a larger than I would have thought amount of stuff for the older cast.
And of course, Stewart, McKellan and Jackman will have 'large' roles--but this always was a "First Class" sequel.

Last edited by Bolty; 03-15-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #2796
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Florida

Narrative should always come first. The high profile of certain actors shouldn't dictate if scenes are left in or cut. I'm glad Singer is making difficult decisions like this. Otherwise we'd probably end up with an extremely bloated film.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #2797
Special Member

Aug 2012

Not that it needs to be said, but I have a lot more confidence in Fox with the X-Men than with the Fantastic Four. I'm looking forward to this -- I really hope it does not disappoint.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #2798
Suspended

May 2009

I have a feeling this one is going to disappoint.

And I really enjoyed both The Wolverine and First Class.

Something about this movie feels off.
Most fanboys are morons.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #2799
Special Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
Lots of fantastic movies have a ton of stuff cut from them---even entire performances of major stars. Them having to cut down the parts of some of the 2 dozen mutants involved show no lack of planning.

What this is showing is that as much as Singer loves his original cast---the 'modern' framing portion of the movie doesn't need to be as long as they first thought or the movie in general is just running long and the 'modern' portions are easier to trim.

I always suspected that the modern section was going to be fairly short, but I'm glad it will be substantial and I love the idea of a really epic length director's cut.

Only thing that might prevent that are the expenses to finish the FX for the deleted scenes.

I agree, but it looks like Singer did shoot a larger than I would have thought amount of stuff for the older cast.
And of course, Stewart, McKellan and Jackman will have 'large' roles--but this always was a "First Class" sequel.
I have a feeling with so much seemingly being cut (I'm half convinced Singer himself is spreading this rumors to keep the film in our minds), I pretty sure we're going to get an extended director's cut once it hits blu. Especially since the scenes cut aren't being replaced by reshot scenes or anything.
1st Blu-Ray: (500) Days of Summer
100th Blu-Ray: Deadwood: The Complete Series
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #2800
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle3 View Post
I have a feeling this one is going to disappoint.

And I really enjoyed both The Wolverine and First Class.

Something about this movie feels off.
What you're feeling is Bryan Singer's return. I wish Matthew Vaughn had made this one too.
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Legend of the Dark Mite.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies