Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #61
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
I just finished this (Redbox rental) and I have to say, this film was awesome up until the ending. I didn't hate the ending, and I didn't love it.
[Show spoiler]i honestly wish they would've showed the cops coming to get him or something. I understand Jordan wanting revenge for Leah and to get Casey out of the hole, but they should've shown more because it wouldn't be fair to his other victims and their families

Otherwise it was a solid film. Very surprised indeed.
So you wanted the most cliche ending possible?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #62
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Franklin, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Yep. It was never going to get a sequel, so
[Show spoiler]why not let Jordan be the hero and bring Foster to justice instead of leaving it like they were leaving him for dead.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #63
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
[Show spoiler]why not let Jordan be the hero and bring Foster to justice instead of leaving it like they were leaving him for dead.
That's what I didn't like about the ending, they should have taken it a bit further but I can see why they didn't.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

SONY REWARDS can anyone help to update the points lists -- for those that don;t know these are generic multiuse codes and can be registered at Sony Rewards for points. Post here, post in the main thread, or send me a PM if you'd prefer.

Full list of known eligible codes at the end of the Main thread.

Sony Rewards
Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #65
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Just watched this. Very suspenseful, very intense! The first 75 minutes were awesome! The final 15 minutes were great as well. The ending has me a bit up in the air with it, but overall, I'm leaning more towards liking it.

Ending:
[Show spoiler]I kind of wanted them to torture the guy, but they could get in a lot of trouble for that. So what exactly were their intentions? Did they think the police would not find him or something? I would assume he would eventually get out and/or someone would find him. It would have been nice to see him truly left for dead or having the cops get him...but I did not expect them to team up to get a bit of "revenge" or whatever they were doing.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #66

Jan 2007
Earth

This should be recalled for its atrocious black levels, which are clearly incorrect.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #67
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Oh? Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cal...ossible_sequel
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 AM   #68

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
This should be recalled for its atrocious black levels, which are clearly incorrect.
Anyone notice that the black levels are actually fine for the first 15 minutes. At 15:16 (the shot where Halle turns around on her chair in the hive and the tv news is on) the black levels instantly go milky and stay that way for the remainder of the film. Now, unless that's deliberate (it happens at a particularly emotionally awful moment for her character and I've not heard the commentary yet so don't know if it gets a mention at that point) it indeed looks like a technical error of some kind.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_Richie View Post
Anyone notice that the black levels are actually fine for the first 15 minutes. At 15:16 (the shot where Halle turns around on her chair in the hive and the tv news is on) the black levels instantly go milky and stay that way for the remainder of the film. Now, unless that's deliberate (it happens at a particularly emotionally awful moment for her character and I've not heard the commentary yet so don't know if it gets a mention at that point) it indeed looks like a technical error of some kind.
noticed that too. glad I was only streaming and I didn't buy this.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #70
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Bury U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman_Richie View Post
Same here,how could the review on here have not picked up on this?,the black levels are fine until this point,then they just disappear,pretty obvious disc encoding error in my opinion.

Not the usual quality product from Sony.

Last edited by jonmoz; 08-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #71

Jul 2012

Didn't like the ending at all.
[Show spoiler]Eventually his body will be found even if years later and then Jordan and Casey will go to prison for his murder. Also, as someone else said they robbed other families of closure by not letting the cops find that place and arrest him.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America