Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #13541
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Pure Doom View Post
Why on earth are some titles 34.95 and others 29.95? Picnic and Major Dundee are both 35 bucks. That's unreal for what's included.
Dundee is a 2 disc set.

I;m not sure with Picnic and Pal Joey, but it's been that way since the beginning. I'm not sure if it's something to do with Rights or just the way those titles were negotiated.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #13542
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Texas, at the bottom of a well 21,000 ft down

Quote:
Why on earth are some titles 34.95 and others 29.95? Picnic and Major Dundee are both 35 bucks. That's unreal for what's included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Dundee is a 2 disc set.

I;m not sure with Picnic and Pal Joey, but it's been that way since the beginning. I'm not sure if it's something to do with Rights or just the way those titles were negotiated.
The initial batch of Sony releases were higher in price than the Fox releases. This also includes Bite the Bullet, Pal Joey, and Bell, Book, and Candle (all three highly recommended BTW). Around mid-2012, TT began offering the Sony releases at the same price as Fox, but the older Sony's are still at the original price. As hariseldon says, Major Dundee is a two disc set.
"All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl" - JLG
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #13543
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
With the exception of Major Dundee, TT was testing out different price points when they first started. The Egyptian was priced at $39.95 where as some of the other titles were priced at $34.95. TT eventually settled on the $29.95 price point but any previous titles which were originally released at the higher price point retained that higher price.

Major Dundee is a bit different. Since it was a 2-disc set TT raised the price to $34.95.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #13544

Jan 2011

I have plenty of TT titles and I know their business model well, it's just that when you've budgeted a certain amount of money for some movies, and your cart shows up 10 bucks extra, it's a little annoying.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #13545

Jan 2011

How long do you guys expect Nuremberg and Alcatraz to last? I might not be able to pick them up till end of next month.
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #13546
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
How long do you guys expect Nuremberg and Alcatraz to last? I might not be able to pick them up till end of next month.
With the exception of a few 80s horror titles, the quickest-selling TT titles were The Train and Rollerball. Both of these went two full months before going Out of Print. The "end of next month" is only a month away, so I would think you're fairly safe.
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #13547

Jan 2011

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this order:

Heaven Knows. Mr. Allison
Major Dundee
Man Hunt
Born Yesterday
Drums Along The Mohawk
Picnic

Any reason I shouldn't?
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #13548
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Texas, at the bottom of a well 21,000 ft down

Quote:

Major Dundee
Man Hunt
Born Yesterday
Drums Along The Mohawk
Picnic

Any reason I shouldn't?
You have excellent taste. I recommend all of those. PQ is very good, the roughest being Major Dundee, which still has a quality transfer and looks as good as it every will. The Major is one of my favorite westerns, a first class Peckinpah film with one of Charlton Heston's best if little seen performances. I just wish we could have seen it the way Peckinpah originally intended.

I am also a huge fan of Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison. This was a blind buy that finally made me acknowledge I am a fan of Robert Mitchum. Deborah Kerr is quite good in her understated role as a nun. Outstanding film, one of John Huston's best in my opinion.

I have written a user review of Picnic under its database entry. I like the movie a lot.

Drums Along the Mohawk is first class John Ford, with an outstanding documentary as an extra. The cinematography and set piece scenes are frequently iconic, and could be blown up into movie posters, especially Claudette Colbert's scene on the hillside as she watches her husband's militia troop march off to war. The color looks gorgeous.

Not a dog in that bunch.
"All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl" - JLG
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #13549

Nov 2012
Canada
Canada

I would love to see TT release The Thorn Birds
I refuse to let what happened to me make me bitter.
I still completely believe in love and I'm open to anything that will happen to me.
~Nicole Kidman
Thanks given by:
filmmusic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #13550

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukie View Post
I would love to see TT release The Thorn Birds
Aside from that being a Warners title, I know that one of the heads of Twilight Time finds the accents in that hysterically funny and can't even keep a straight face watching the trailer, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.
"Gentleman, that last remark is not for publication. This is a D notice situation."
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #13551
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:

Major Dundee
Man Hunt
Born Yesterday
Drums Along The Mohawk
Picnic

Any reason I shouldn't?
I have not seen Major Dundee yet, but all of the other titles are spot-on.

I echo what oildude said above about Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, Drums Along the Mohawk, and Picnic.

Man Hunt is one of my absolute favorite Twilight Time titles, and it's a remarkable WWII-era call-to-arms from Fritz Lang.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors