Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM   #2581

Feb 2013
St. Louis, MO

Ordered from Amazon since it finally came back in stock. It will be in before Halloween so set. Now the question is should I get the Leprechaun set to go with this? I already had the Chucky collection.
Edit: I remember my favorite being new nightmare but most of these came out when I was real young or the original before I was born. Lol So I'm going to watch them all from the 1st one up when I get it.

Last edited by Outlaw1986; Yesterday at 03:22 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #2582
Special Member

Sep 2011
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
for anyone who actually saw this in theaters, was part of the film shown in 3D? I know that the DVD set included 3D glasses for the part where Kathryn puts on the glasses, but that was the crappy kind of 3D and may have been specific to the DVD set for all I know.
yes, it was shown in 3D in theaters. i kept the glasses for many years afterward (hell, they may still be in some drawer somewhere)... but it was the crappy red/blue glasses at the time.... totally wish a real 3D version could have been made for the BD
Eat more pussycats.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #2583

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
Just finished Freddy's Dead... I dunno, I enjoyed it more than Parts 2 and 5. It's been years and years since I've watched any of these films, but this was the sequel that seemed most familiar to me for some reason. I was able to anticipate many of the lines in this one, something I really couldn't do for the previous films. So maybe nostalgia makes me like FD better than some others on here do. I also like the fact that Freddy is actually given a definitive ending, unlike Michael or Jason. (That is, if you don't count Freddy Vs. Jason as canon, which I don't.) One thing though: for anyone who actually saw this in theaters, was part of the film shown in 3D? I know that the DVD set included 3D glasses for the part where Kathryn puts on the glasses, but that was the crappy kind of 3D and may have been specific to the DVD set for all I know.
Freddy's Dead is great fun. I've always loved it and really don't understand the hate.
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #2584

Sep 2013

Met Robert Englund today ! A very nice person!!
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #2585

Jan 2008
Charlotte, NC USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
yes, it was shown in 3D in theaters. i kept the glasses for many years afterward (hell, they may still be in some drawer somewhere)... but it was the crappy red/blue glasses at the time.... totally wish a real 3D version could have been made for the BD
Apparently Warner Brothers doesn't feel the need to put Real 3D back in these releases. (F13th Part 3, and Freddy's Dead) It's pretty frustrating.
Samsung PN59D550
Marantz SR5006
PS3
Xbox One
DIRECTV HR34
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #2586
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwayne View Post
Apparently Warner Brothers doesn't feel the need to put Real 3D back in these releases. (F13th Part 3, and Freddy's Dead) It's pretty frustrating.
Although polarized 3D was used for F13th 3, I actually believe that the red/blue type was used for the theatrical of Freddy's Dead - possibly because the sequence is so short.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2587
Special Member

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
I actually believe that the red/blue type was used for the theatrical of Freddy's Dead - possibly because the sequence is so short.
Yep, was definitely red/blue in the theater. I remember it well.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #2588

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Yep, was definitely red/blue in the theater. I remember it well.
My first experience with 3D movies was Freddy's Dead, and it was terrible. Even watching Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D with the red and blue glasses though, I can see where that one would be pretty good, and I would buy a real 3D version. The other ones from that time, like Jaws 3, still look terrible though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America