Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #721

Feb 2014
maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke Aurora View Post
About 4+ years back. Horror film. Straight to DVD (no blu-ray). Involved an island/jungle. White faced-painted tribe? Small group of people. Characters start losing it due to violence and horrific scenery. Trippy violent sequences. I believe it had a foreign sounding title but I could be wrong. I checked the After Dark films but didn't see it. I think I'd recognize the cover immediately.

Any help would be appreciated.
Could it have been the awesome little gem called

"Welcome to the jungle"?

About four "friends" going into the jungle looking for Michael Rockefeller in new guinea and encounter white painted face cannibals.

Its in the vein of "cannibal Holocaust" even using the found footage look.

If not, its still worth a watch if you like that type of thing. Which I am lol.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #722

Feb 2014
maine

That should be the cover if my link worked.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #723

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammeat07 View Post
Could it have been the awesome little gem called

"Welcome to the jungle"?
I'm editing this post. Moments after I had to reject Welcome/Jungle as the film I was looking for,
it lead me to the right one. I found it. Vinyan (2008).

Memory is a funny thing. It wasn't a tribe (sorta) but orphaned boys with white faces. I can't believe I forgot the most interesting part of the woman thinking she sees her son, whom she lost in a tsunami, in a video about the island orphans. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Last edited by Daisuke Aurora; 03-15-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #724

Feb 2014
maine

Your very welcome. Glad I cold be of some sort of help lol
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #725

Feb 2014

OK, this is a tough one - but, here goes: Many years ago, I saw a very small portion of a 1960's/1970's UK sci-fi film on TV that went something like this:

A man gets somehow transported from Earth to an alternate dimension in which the UK is a totalitarian state; there are soldiers in tan or brown uniforms who chase the guy (can't remember if they catch him). Note the only specific scene I remember is when one of these soldiers fires a machine gun into a wooden door, and reduces a portion of the door to splinters.

The film was definitely made in either the 1960's or 1970's, no later. Note this may have been a theatrical film, or a TV film.

This was not an episode of Star Trek, and it was also not Dr. Who: Inferno (which I've seen).

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've been trying to remember the title for years. Thanks in advance for any info. on this...

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 03-29-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #726

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
The second movie involves a family who is taken hostage in their home. All I recall about this film is that a group of men (maybe two to three) and a woman somehow got into this family's house (maybe by saying their car broke down and they needed to use the phone). I recall the movie being rainy and the criminals being hungry, so the female criminal and one of the family members was making soup or something for the criminals and the family member tried to poison them with something in a yellow box. I want to say that later, one of the family members seduced one of the criminals in order to gain their trust so she could break free or distract him or the others could call the cops. I really don't remember haha.

Hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks
Hey, not sure if this has already been responded to since I didn't get a chance to go through all the posts, but this description almost certainly sounds like one of the versions of the thriller Last House on the Left (either the 1970's original or the 200X re-make). Haven't seen either version in years so I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds right...

Note this is not Funny Games, and I'm almost certain it's not The Strangers....
Old 03-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #727
Special Member

Nov 2008
Victorville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
OK, this is a tough one - but, here goes: Many years ago, I saw a very small portion of a 1960's/1970's UK sci-fi film on TV that went something like this:

A man gets somehow transported from Earth to an alternate dimension in which the UK is a totalitarian state; there are soldiers in tan or brown uniforms who chase the guy (can't remember if they catch him). Note the only specific scene I remember is when one of these soldiers fires a machine gun into a wooden door, and reduces a portion of the door to splinters.

The film was definitely made in either the 1960's or 1970's, no later. Note this may have been a theatrical film, or a TV film.

This was not an episode of Star Trek, and it was also not Dr. Who: Inferno (which I've seen).

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've been trying to remember the title for years. Thanks in advance for any info. on this...
Sure SOUNDS like Star Trek -- an episode called "Patterns of Force." It has the uniforms, the Nazi state and the machine gun through the door. Can't think of what movie you might be thinking of though.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #728

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieray1 View Post
Sure SOUNDS like Star Trek -- an episode called "Patterns of Force." It has the uniforms, the Nazi state and the machine gun through the door. Can't think of what movie you might be thinking of though.
Thanks for the feedback. But, IIRC the Trek episode involved Kirk & co. going to a planet that had become like Germany in WWII because of one of the Starfleet officers breaking the "prime directive" and causing this to happen; also IIRC, that episode did not involve time travel or interdimensional travel.

What I saw definitely involved some kind of interdimensional travel, and it was definitely a UK or Australian?! production (everyone had British/Australian accents).

Now that this also may have been a pilot of a TV series, but a TV series that probably didn't last long (if at all)....

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 03-29-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 AM   #729
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

I also have a Sci-Fi related question. I saw this on TV in Europe in mid to late 80's, but the actual movie, or TV show, or TV movie could have been made as early as late 70's I'm guessing.

I'm not sure if this is an American, or a European production.

It was very similar in tone to most Roger Corman movies, or Battlestar Galactica, etc.

The scene I remember is as follows. A blonde girl is held prisoner behind bars by some evil empire. An Indiana Jones type of hero breaks in and rescues her. They are escaping and are being pursued by large white fury aliens/monster who are troops. They have glowing rings around their necks. They also carry white sticks which shoot beams from the end.

I believe the scene takes place on a space station.

The couple escapes into a dead end room and the hero jams the door with a magazine (of all things). The aliens break through and shoot them both with these sticks. But they are just tasers which paralyze.

Any ideas?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #730
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

A movie about 3 guys who figure out how to cheat the horse races. 2 of them are at the races and using a public telephone on the hill to call a guy betting in a bar. But instead of naming the guy they use fake names which barman calls out "is Mr XXXX in the bar" giving the cryptic clue which horse is winning the race.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #731

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

An 80s slasher with a killer who has a sort of painted face. At the end when stalking a girl he hides in a room among dolls. I saw this in the early 90s and thought it was better than the norm but cannot remember the title for the life of me!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #732
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
An 80s slasher with a killer who has a sort of painted face. At the end when stalking a girl he hides in a room among dolls. I saw this in the early 90s and thought it was better than the norm but cannot remember the title for the life of me!
Do you mean mannequins? If so, Tourist Trap, maybe?
Crown Royal, a cigar or two, some Asian chicks--a life to live and die for!!

RIP: James Gandolfini
"All due respect, you got no f-----g idea what it's like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other f-----g thing. It's too much to deal with almost. And in the end you're completely alone with it all." - Tony Soprano
Old 04-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #733
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke Aurora View Post
Memory is a funny thing. It wasn't a tribe (sorta) but orphaned boys with white faces. I can't believe I forgot the most interesting part of the woman thinking she sees her son, whom she lost in a tsunami, in a video about the island orphans. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Hey I have this dvd in the closet, never watched it. My mom bought it for me a couple years ago. May have to watch it now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies