Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #1

Jun 2008
Default Spider-Man 4 scheduled for May 2011

The Los Angeles Times reports that "Spider-Man" franchise producer Laura Ziskin said the fourth installment is tentatively scheduled to hit theaters in May 2011.

Already scheduled for the month of May that year are Marvel's own The First Avenger: Captain America on the 6th and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II.

Ziskin added that the screenplay is not finished yet, but that she and Sony Pictures were hopeful Spider-Man 4 could be ready in three years' time.

Neither star Tobey Maguire nor director Sam Raimi is yet committed to work on the next installment, but Sony has paid Marvel to renew its rights.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46190

Wow, those 3 movies are going to all be huge blockbusters in the same month

The first chapter in Captain America

The final chapter in Harry Potter

And Spiderman is always big

Hopefully these release dates arent too close together but there is only so much they can do
Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #2

Dec 2007
Surrey, England

It be great as there would be a few releases to acually see in the cinema, that will help boost profits.
UKTruBlu

52" Samsung 1080p, PS3 60gb PSN: Fizzy16
Onkyo TXSR605, Sony 1080p Multi Region DVD player,
26" Sony Bravia HDTV.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #3

May 2008
Hopkins, Minnesota

Sweeeeet! I love the Spiderman movies so far. I mean there was some parts that are completely meh, but overall I love them so far Hopefully EVERYONE returns. Maybe replace Mary Jane but thats it haha Captain America should be interesting...
Old 06-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
Expert Member

Apr 2007

I dont want to wait 3 more years for a Spidey flick. I hope they use this time to lock down a good script and cast (returning or not) for this film. I will care a little more in 2010 maybe.
PS3 with 500GB HD
PS4
Panasonic DMP-BD60
300+ DVD's
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
5.1 (non-HD Audio) Surround
Old 06-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #5

Jun 2008

3 years away and already

Captain America
Spiderman 4
Harry Potter 7 p2
Avengers
Hobbit- December
Bear and the Bow (Pixar)-December

Usually movies are announced 2 years ahead of time so we should hear about some more next year
Old 06-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #6

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill McGill View Post
Sweeeeet! I love the Spiderman movies so far. I mean there was some parts that are completely meh, but overall I love them so far Hopefully EVERYONE returns. Maybe replace Mary Jane but thats it haha Captain America should be interesting...
toby isnt returning
Old 06-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #7

Aug 2007
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Purple Stuff View Post

Wow, those 3 movies are going to all be huge blockbusters in the same month

The first chapter in Captain America

The final chapter in Harry Potter

And Spiderman is always big

Hopefully these release dates arent too close together but there is only so much they can do
See what I mean? May always releases the biggest blockbusters and that month has ALWAYS been the biggest summer movie month. That is where the summer movies make the most money. Dark Knight should have been released in the beginning of May IMO. It would have fared so much better than it will now.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Purple Stuff View Post
3 years away and already

Captain America
Spiderman 4
Harry Potter 7 p2
Avengers
Hobbit- December
Bear and the Bow (Pixar)-December

Usually movies are announced 2 years ahead of time so we should hear about some more next year
And don't forget part 3 of the Nolan Batman Trilogy. July 2011.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #9

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
toby isnt returning
This hasn't been decided yet. Unless you have a link?
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #10

Aug 2007

If Spider-man does come back that year (I think they should push for 2010) they better make the best one yet among all the Comic book movies being released that year. (Could be Hellboy III as well).
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #11
Banned

Jan 2007

I hope they bring quality people this time, cause the green goblin in Spider-man 1 was substandard, Spider-man 3 was disaster. They only reason it makes money because of the kids, but man you have to live the result forever. I hope they have him talking sh!!!t to the villians and using his spider-sense in the next movie. No Sam Raimi and no Tobey. I hope it isn't true that marvel resold Sony the rights. Marvel would do an excellent job in their hands.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #12

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo92178 View Post
I hope they bring quality people this time, cause the green goblin in Spider-man 1 was substandard, Spider-man 3 was disaster. They only reason it makes money because of the kids, but man you have to live the result forever. I hope they have him talking sh!!!t to the villians and using his spider-sense in the next movie. No Sam Raimi and no Tobey. I hope it isn't true that marvel resold Sony the rights. Marvel would do an excellent job in their hands.
Marvels hands are tied. The wording in the original contract stipulates that as long as Sony pays a fee to keep the rights every x amount of months (after the last movie was made) that they keep the rights for another few years whether they make a movie or not. Of course it would be stupid on Sony's part to pay the fee and not make a movie (return on investment).

I have to agree with you. I wish Sony would restructure the deal and give Marvel more say in the creative process. Marvel gets a very small piece of the Spider-man pie currently.
I Like the Way You Move!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbird View Post
Marvels hands are tied. The wording in the original contract stipulates that as long as Sony pays a fee to keep the rights every x amount of months (after the last movie was made) that they keep the rights for another few years whether they make a movie or not. Of course it would be stupid on Sony's part to pay the fee and not make a movie (return on investment).

I have to agree with you. I wish Sony would restructure the deal and give Marvel more say in the creative process. Marvel gets a very small piece of the Spider-man pie currently.
Marvel gets enough of the pie.

I mean they do get a payment so long as Sony keeps shelling out the cash, and they practically have to do nothing to get said money.

Logan
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo92178 View Post
Did you watch the movies?

Seriously, they already explained {and showed} that Spider-man has the Spider-sense, or did you miss the cafeteria scene in the first movie?

Plus, the Green Goblin was played excellently by Dafoe.

Logan
Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #15

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedeath View Post
Marvel gets enough of the pie.

I mean they do get a payment so long as Sony keeps shelling out the cash, and they practically have to do nothing to get said money.

Logan
I think they get less than 1% of the gross. I'll look it up later. It'd be a good piece of the pie for you and me, but for the company that created the character (and now would have the means to finance it themselves?) I know, it's the way things played out in the courts through the tangled Spider-man rights and the Marvel bankruptcy, but I can't help but wonder how Kevin Feige would approach a Spider-man movie.
I Like the Way You Move!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

The first two were good movies in my opinion the 3rd was a disaster from start to finish...they just tried and do too much in a short time.

Go back to Spiderman roots for the 4th one ..this dorky kid with powers who have to balance his personal life with his crime fighting .

Kraven the hunter is hunting Spiderman and discover he is Peter Parker...that set the tone for the 4th one.....One villian
MOE

Last edited by Moefiz; 06-21-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #17

Jul 2007

i don't mind sony having the spiderman franchise. they do a great job marketing it and obviously have a great amount of money to make a killer movie. i too however hope for a stronger storyline. returning actors or not (i really don't care) but definately peter needs better conflict in his personal life (ie black cat) to create a mess of things. spidey seems to always fight better when his personal life is in chaos....focus on the crime fighting. i also would like to see the punisher make a guest appearance..just to give the movie an edge...that way they could focus on one villian but yet still have conflict with the punisher. anyways heres to hoping the get a good script...because no matter who the actors are and who the bad guys are a weak script means a poor movie (ie spiderman 3).
Old 06-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #18
Expert Member

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbird View Post

Lets not forget about the Fantastic Four movie. No, not the the one with the big stars that was released in theaters. The one that was straight to video in PAL territories. That movie was made just to keep the rights. Sony could do something like that I guess, but It would be kinda stupid of them.

If Marvel had the choice, they should have taken back the Spiderman rights. Or maybe they felt that they currently have too much on their plate with their plans for movies and really didn't care. I read somewhere that they still might license out properties to other studios rather then try to do everything at Marvel Studios. But for a major player like Spiderman, they should have him at home, not playing in the neighbors yard.
PS3 with 500GB HD
PS4
Panasonic DMP-BD60
300+ DVD's
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
5.1 (non-HD Audio) Surround
Old 06-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #19

Aug 2007

According to CNN Money (Marvel has never officially released the numbers) Marvel made $62 million out of the first two movies that made $1,605,474,892 worldwide.

So there take would have been just under 4%. They did get 50% of toy sales.

Also spider-man is the biggest franchise Sony has. They will hold onto it forever.
I Like the Way You Move!

Last edited by GreenScar; 06-21-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007

Spider-Man needs to be redone just like The Incredible Hulk....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies