COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$53.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Anaconda (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray)
$5.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
River of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$12.15
Shameless: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Sin City (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM   #2781

Feb 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchur View Post
I'm about over this shit.... lol
I missed it again as well....really frustrating
Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM   #2782
Expert Member

Jun 2010
Back Home

Quote:
Limit one per horder.
This made me chuckle.
If sales are good for Arrow Video's Sullivan's Travels then we might get a boxed set of Preston Sturges films from Arrow! [NOW in Stock!]
Thanks given by:
BrianS (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:43 AM   #2783
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
This made me chuckle.
Bill needs a lesson in manners (and spelling).

And just wondering. Is Nightmare anything special? I thought about getting it but at $33.99, it's a bit high unless it's REALLY worth seeing.
BRAINS

Last edited by RandyK; Yesterday at 01:46 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 AM   #2784
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Albany, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post

And just wondering. Is Nightmare anything special? I thought about getting it but at $33.99, it's a bit high unless it's REALLY worth seeing.
I love it, one of my favorites....along the lines of Pieces and Maniac.
Blu-Ray Wish List: The Asphalt Jungle (1950), Chopping Mall (1986), High Sierra (1941), Kill Baby... Kill! (1966), Dodsworth (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Roman Holiday (1953), A Matter of Life and Death (1946), Fingers (1977), Twisted Nerve (1968), Knife In The Water (1962), Arabesque (1966), Blood Link (1982), The Inspector Betti Trilogy (75'-76'), Amuck (1972), Nightmare at Shadow Woods (1987), Mirage (1965), Waking The Dead (2000).
Old Yesterday, 02:08 AM   #2785
Special Member

Aug 2010

It's one of the only "slashers" I've seen that has a similar nasty tone to MANIAC.
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #2786
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
It's one of the only "slashers" I've seen that has a similar nasty tone to MANIAC.
I would agree, they are easily the two nastiest slashers from that period.
Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM   #2787

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
I grabbed Nightmare and Neon Maniacs. I might have also got The Redeemer and Nail Gun Massacre if they were in stock.
Glad to hear that you finally got your copy too, DetroitSportsFan.
Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM   #2788

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L. View Post
Already sold out again.
Does there seem to be any correlation between the Nightmare orders going out and new copies being put up for sale in the store? Just wondering if this moves up the expected arrival timetable at all since I snagged one from the last batch on Thursday. I've been wanting to have this since it first came out!

Last edited by bigG71; Yesterday at 04:43 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #2789
Special Member

Nov 2011

Is Bill trying to artifically boost demand for Nightmares by limiting supply? When it really does go live for a duration, I'm sure people will be knocking each other over. Well played.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #2790

Feb 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Is Bill trying to artifically boost demand for Nightmares by limiting supply? When it really does go live for a duration, I'm sure people will be knocking each other over. Well played.
If he is doing that it's a BS move. I have bought the majority of his releases on DVD and all of his Blu-ray releases so far, but I will definitely curtail my spending in future if this is the way he is going to stock his product on certain titles.
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #2791
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Or since he's on the road he doesn't want to mail 50+ discs at a time, so he puts up a few, mails them, puts up another few, and so on.
Thanks given by:
zbinks (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #2792

Apr 2013
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Or since he's on the road he doesn't want to mail 50+ discs at a time, so he puts up a few, mails them, puts up another few, and so on.
This has been explained so many times. People don't read anything posted here and just complain, haha!
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #2793
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Albany, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucoStrangelove View Post
This has been explained so many times. People don't read anything posted here and just complain, haha!
Bill should just send me his inventory and I would mail them as orders came in...or I don't know hire someone maybe
Blu-Ray Wish List: The Asphalt Jungle (1950), Chopping Mall (1986), High Sierra (1941), Kill Baby... Kill! (1966), Dodsworth (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Roman Holiday (1953), A Matter of Life and Death (1946), Fingers (1977), Twisted Nerve (1968), Knife In The Water (1962), Arabesque (1966), Blood Link (1982), The Inspector Betti Trilogy (75'-76'), Amuck (1972), Nightmare at Shadow Woods (1987), Mirage (1965), Waking The Dead (2000).
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #2794
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post

You can "preview" it on youtube like I did. It's very close to, but not quite worth the price tag IMO. Maybe he'll do a holiday sale or something.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #2795
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I can't think of an appropriate comparison to NIGHTMARE in terms of tone. It's a slasher film, yes, but it has a weird arthouse vibe, kind of like 1987's WHITE OF THE EYE (which I hated). I wouldn't compare it to Maniac but that's just me.
copyright 2477. All Rights Reserved
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #2796

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I can't think of an appropriate comparison to NIGHTMARE in terms of tone. It's a slasher film, yes, but it has a weird arthouse vibe, kind of like 1987's WHITE OF THE EYE (which I hated). I wouldn't compare it to Maniac but that's just me.
Yeah, I see the Maniac connection in terms of its, uh, relationship with its female characters and the vibe when the main character's out walking the streets. And generally making the wacko the protagonist in general. It feels cheaper and less glossy than Maniac (which is saying something!), though.
I finally decided to order it after being on the fence for a long time mostly because I love the ending (not the very ending, I mean the whole climatic last 15 minutes or so), and because it seems like such a compelling special edition.
Watching it kinda feels like the first segment of Night Train to Terror, if you've ever seen that.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #2797
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

The comparison to Maniac comes not from any plot similarity, but for sheer grim nastiness and aspects that make them downright sleazy, especially Nightmare.

As far as reptutation goes they are the two nastiest slashers from that era. Runner-up titles - Don't Go in the House and Don't Answer the Phone.

All these films even now,(loved and loathed by genre fans) have questionable eyebrow raising stuff to the casual viewer.
All the other stuff from the slasher heyday is like Mickey Mouse compared to a select few nasty titles.

The BD of Nightmare is terrific, better than I thought it would be quality-wise and being rescued from being a lost film stuck with SD-level quality makes this one of my favorite releases of the year so far.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #2798
Special Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
The comparison to Maniac comes not from any plot similarity, but for sheer grim nastiness and aspects that make them downright sleazy, especially Nightmare.

As far as reptutation goes they are the two nastiest slashers from that era. Runner-up titles - Don't Go in the House and Don't Answer the Phone.

All these films even now,(loved and loathed by genre fans) have questionable eyebrow raising stuff to the casual viewer.
All the other stuff from the slasher heyday is like Mickey Mouse compared to a select few nasty titles.

The BD of Nightmare is terrific, better than I thought it would be quality-wise and being rescued from being a lost film stuck with SD-level quality makes this one of my favorite releases of the year so far.
Agreed with pretty much all of this.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #2799
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

I ordered Savage Streets on ebay last week and I was completely unfamiliar with Code Red until I found this thread (which I didn’t even know existed!). After reading through a bunch of pages you guys had me so nervous that I wouldn’t see my copy for months! Thankfully I just got a shipping notice and it will be here Thursday!

Can anybody comment on the transfer? I'm not expecting much given the movie's budget, but hopefully it was worth the $35 I spent on it.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?

Last edited by tylerdurden10; Today at 12:51 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #2800

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
I ordered Savage Streets on ebay last week and I was completely unfamiliar with Code Red until I found this thread (which I didn’t even know existed!). After reading through a bunch of pages you guys had me so nervous that I wouldn’t see my copy for months! Thankfully I just got a shipping notice and it will be here Thursday! :
eBay is different, they have set rules sellers need to abide by and there's buyer feedback that affects a seller's rating. If he took a month to ship on eBay, he'd likely be loaded with negative feedback and no one would buy from him. Of course, that comes with a higher premium than buying directly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors