Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.38
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Shameless: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
House of Cards: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Banshee: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 06-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #2041

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
LOL! if you call shipping an anime with a slip in a flimsy jiffy bag nice packaging - here's a good example of one posted just the other day, that just shipped from Amazon in a bag...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=370

My last four anime shipments from Amazon were all damaged, shipped either in a flimsy padded jiffy bag or in an empty box with zero padding - had to return them all - I'm never buying anime shipped from one of their warehouses ever again - only if it's directly from a marketplace seller. But, that's just me, and quite a few other people on here. YMMV, but you've been warned...
I have to agree with this. Amazon packaging is a struggle. I've literally only had a bluray with slipcover arrive in perfect condition once. That was only because I called customer service to request a new one since the last one was ridiculously banged up and torn. If you're going to order individual blu-rays from Amazon be wary.
Buy some discount fitness equipment from my good friends!
Old 06-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #2042

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vujacicfan View Post
I have to agree with this. Amazon packaging is a struggle. I've literally only had a bluray with slipcover arrive in perfect condition once. That was only because I called customer service to request a new one since the last one was ridiculously banged up and torn. If you're going to order individual blu-rays from Amazon be wary.
That person should've just gone to a brick-and-mortar store. Ordering anything with a slip through most online retailers is bad news.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:33 AM   #2043

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSteebler View Post
I've never once experienced this. All my movies have come in flawless condition. Castle of Cagliostro came in beautiful condition, including the slipcover, in a thick package that was hard to bend. Sounds like amazon doesn't like you. I should mention that I have prime shipping which may mean amazon shows me more love.
i think they love me too. Just tried out amazon prime. Its really nice. I said earlier that i wouldnt purchase anime from them, but they were cheaper and it came in perfect condition.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #2044
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013

Is the cat returns Slip still rare?

LOOKING FOR BACK TO THE FUTURE ORIGINAL RELEASE SLIPBOX (UK)
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 PM   #2045
Blu-ray Guru

May 2014
The Idyllic Amish Farmlands of Lancaster County, PA

Not at Walmart they aren't - I'm pretty sure just about all the Walmarts stocking Cat Returns have slips on them, my local one still had 6 copies with slips on the shelf as of the end of last week.
Girls With (no need for) Guns Avatar: Robin from Witch Hunter Robin
Thanks given by:
disneywildcat (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #2046

Jul 2013
Philadelphia, PA

My Best Buy had 3 copies with slips, one was pretty beat up, the rest were in perfect condition. Hopefully they still have them when I get paid.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #2047
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

I decided to order my Cat Returns and Spirited Away from the Disney Club to guarantee the slips, only saving like $1-2 in the process. And due to the crappy packaging, both slips came destroyed. Then afterward I found a Best Buy that had the Cat slip.
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #2048

Apr 2015
America, Land of 'Eco'-packaging BS
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
As for me, I have never watched the extras on any of the disc media I own, whether anime or live action movies - and that's about 700 blu-ray movies and almost 400 anime titles. I find most of that stuff pretty boring or trivial, and not worth my time. I find extras about as useful as reality TV, lol. Heck, I don't have enough time in my life to even watch all the anime shows themselves that I own, let alone hours more of uninteresting extras. So I could care less if every disc release had zero extras included, or if they are English friendly at all, since I don't ever watch them.
Well, a lot of anime Blu & dvd extras on US discs are crap because they relate to the dubbing instead of talking to the creators who might actually have something interesting to say, but for (non-anime) films they can be very worthwhile to watch sometimes, particularly on Criterion Collection discs (which is why they've been referred to as 'film school in a box'). Maybe you just watch the wrong type of movies?
Samsung 46" LED 120hz only2D + mediocre old Panasonic HTIB Blu + newer Samsung Blu

Someone please end Michael Bay's reign of terror against quality filmmaking. The world really doesn't need for there to be as many hideously awful Transformers movies as there are Fast and/or Furious movies (which at least try to be entertaining). Just make it stop.
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #2049
Blu-ray Guru

May 2014
The Idyllic Amish Farmlands of Lancaster County, PA

Nah, I'm just not at all interested in interviews and "making of" or "how this was done" videos, or any of that stuff. And, I especially would never be interested in any extras on US anime releases that cover anything related to Dubs or Localization - the two things I detest most about anime re-released outside of Japan.
Girls With (no need for) Guns Avatar: Robin from Witch Hunter Robin
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #2050

Aug 2014
Western U-S-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I decided to order my Cat Returns and Spirited Away from the Disney Club to guarantee the slips, only saving like $1-2 in the process. And due to the crappy packaging, both slips came destroyed. Then afterward I found a Best Buy that had the Cat slip.

Same thing happened to me! Disney Movie Club needs to step up their game with how they package their movies...
Movies needed to complete my Studio Ghibli collection:

Only Yesterday
Ocean Waves
My Neighbors the Yamadas
When Marnie Was There
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #2051
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Ordered the same 2 from DMC and mine came in fine
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #2052

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Watched The Cat Returns for the first time last night and enjoyed it. Not as great as some of Ghibli's other movies but it was a fun little adventure
Digital Codes for Sale Thread - cheap codes that I wanna get rid of!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime