Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Watership Down (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Sullivanís Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 08:36 AM   #4501
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post
Nobody laugh at me, but does anything think the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show will help or hurt Age of Ultron's box office numbers at all? Remember, the show was not around back in 2012, and with it's debut in 2013, I originally expected the show to help boost the sequel's BO numbers, but with the declining ratings, I'm not sure it'll really have any effect whatsoever come May. Obviously, the episode from S1 that connects to The Winter Soldier may have brought back some casual fans in a sense, if only to see what the follow-up would be in a feature film. What do you guys think?
I'd say none at all. Agents of SHIELD didn't really have any effect on The Dark World, Winter Soldier, or Guardians of the Galaxy, so I don't see why it would start now.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

Old Today, 08:37 AM   #4502
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post
Nobody laugh at me, but does anything think the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show will help or hurt Age of Ultron's box office numbers at all? Remember, the show was not around back in 2012, and with it's debut in 2013, I originally expected the show to help boost the sequel's BO numbers, but with the declining ratings, I'm not sure it'll really have any effect whatsoever come May. Obviously, the episode from S1 that connects to The Winter Soldier may have brought back some casual fans in a sense, if only to see what the follow-up would be in a feature film. What do you guys think?
This is just speculation, but I think the season finale will likely lead into "Age of Ultron", or take place shortly after it. We'll find out in a few weeks, when Marvel starts releasing spoilers.
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~

"Your Friendly Neighborhood Moviefan" Thread
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #4503
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

They better keep the movies and TV show separate, since relatively no one watches the shows compared to the movies.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #4504
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
They better keep the movies and TV show separate, since relatively no one watches the shows compared to the movies.
With characters like Sif, Fury, and Maria Hill going to the show, it's not as if they're separate. They're not. They inhabit the same universe. If the crossover makes sense and is earned, I have no problem with it. Just don't do it for the sake of it. Say what you will about the show, but I'm glad it never forced any appearance by the bigger heroes for a ratings boost. Minor characters? Sure. It makes the universe feel fuller, and that's why I like it. Season 2 has actually been really good, and has started setting up Phase 3 of the films by introducing the idea of Inhumans, so they're making it more important than most people may realize.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

Old Today, 08:43 AM   #4505
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
With characters like Sif, Fury, and Maria Hill going to the show, it's not as if they're separate. They're not. They inhabit the same universe. If the crossover makes sense and is earned, I have no problem with it. Just don't do it for the sake of it. Say what you will about the show, but I'm glad it never forced any appearance by the bigger heroes for a ratings boost. Minor characters? Sure. It makes the universe feel fuller, and that's why I like it. Season 2 has actually been really good, and has started setting up Phase 3 of the films by introducing the idea of Inhumans, so they're making it more important than most people may realize.
There's a massive difference between making the movies part of the show and vice versa. If anything in Avengers 2 leans on the audience watching the SHIELD show they made a huge mistake IMO. I'm not watching that show, it's terrible. They're already lucky I watch all the movies.
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #4506
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
I agree about most characters, besides Coulson himself really, but who's to say they can't include aspects from the show and have tie-ins to the film, and vice versa? They've already done so with The Dark World and TWS. Shield is still a major topic for this upcoming Avengers film, no? Like Moviefan2k4 speculated, the season finale of the show just may hint something significant for the film. Like the show or not, there's no denying they've done a good job of connecting pieces from the films into the series, and likewise.
My Top Films of 2014:
1) Birdman 2) Whiplash 3) The Imitation Game 4) Gone Girl 5) Under The Skin 6) Enemy 7) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 8) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 9) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 10) Guardians of the Galaxy
Thanks given by:
lazman61 (Today)
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #4507

Jun 2012

Quote:
I'm not watching that show, it's terrible.
How could you possibly know the show is terrible if you're not watching it?
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #4508
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Cap doesn't think he's better than everyone...

Iron Man is not a leader and never was.
He SO does.

And Tony has always been the leader. It's his freakin' tower. He brought everyone together (well, with Fury). He has the smarts while Cap is a distant second banana.

Just my opinion, of course. No need to get your fanboy boxers in a knot.
Searching for the following slipcovers, minty fresh:
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, Charlie's Angels, Cabin In The Woods, Se7en.

Last edited by thewerepuppygrr; Today at 10:10 AM.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #4509

Aug 2013
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
This is just speculation, but I think the season finale will likely lead into "Age of Ultron", or take place shortly after it. We'll find out in a few weeks, when Marvel starts releasing spoilers.
Ultron is out (here) April 30th. Shield season finale is May 19, so that wipes out the "lead into" possibilities...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies