Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (Blu-ray)
$18.00
Dumb and Dumber To (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Dog Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$19.97
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
James Dean (Blu-ray)
$46.99
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$25.99
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Annie (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #1061

Jul 2014

Can't wait to get my hands on those Bronx movies!
Thanks given by:
Blu Titan (03-10-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #1062
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by acantho View Post
Can't wait to get my hands on those Bronx movies!
Down to $17.99 each on Amazon. Preordered all 3 yesterday. Only have a few BU releases and have been happy with all of them. I have no doubt I'll be happy with whatever else they bring out.
There are no strings on me.

No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this post.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #1063

Jun 2013
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
Down to $17.99 each on Amazon. Preordered all 3 yesterday. Only have a few BU releases and have been happy with all of them. I have no doubt I'll be happy with whatever else they bring out.

Don't get too confident - Companeros was supposed to be terrible.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #1064
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

If you read this thread you will like Shockwaves...I loved it. One of my favorites from BU. A well crafted and acted, "moody" Nazi zombie movie. Actually it is now my favorite Nazi zombie movie .
Old 03-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #1065
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Underground
We're pleased to announce our first new acquisition of 2015: Ferdinando Baldi's GET MEAN, starring Tony Anthony as "The Stranger," will be making it's Blu-ray & DVD debuts later this year! No further information to report at this time...

https://www.facebook.com/11740028014...type=1&theater
Old 03-11-2015, 12:32 AM   #1066
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Looks good .
Old 03-11-2015, 01:31 AM   #1067
Power Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
If you read this thread you will like Shockwaves...I loved it. One of my favorites from BU. A well crafted and acted, "moody" Nazi zombie movie. Actually it is now my favorite Nazi zombie movie .
I got that last week and watched it, I don't know how much I liked it. It's clunky and sorta boring and most definitely looks and feels like its budget (it's one of the most ugly, washed-out jungle movies I've ever seen), but it occasionally rises past that limitation and pulls off some moody stuff. The scenes on the boat at night at the beginning in particular were legitimately creepy, especially when the freighter goes past and hits them. Some of the shots of the zombies coming out of the water or the crazy stuntman zombie walking on the ocean floor are rather striking. Peter Cushing and John Carradine are fun to see, even if it's clear that they were just kinda hired guns who just showed up for a couple days and split. It's also fun seeing Brooke Adams before she was in anything legit. I liked the story in her interview about how her and the wardrobe lady sabotaged the scripted nudity by wearing bright clothes in the scenes around it (which were filmed first) so there was no way to film a nude scene without destroying continuity. :P

It's the best nazi zombie movie I've seen, but that's like saying Chairman of the Board is the best Carrot Top movie I've seen! Zombie Lake was bad, bad, bad. Haha.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 AM   #1068

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
The director has done some good films-- I wonder if this will be the full director's cut
Old 03-11-2015, 03:22 AM   #1069
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Love spaghetti westerns - bring 'em on
Fury HMV Steelbook F/S. PM if interested.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #1070

Aug 2007
Virginia
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I got that last week and watched it, I don't know how much I liked it. It's clunky and sorta boring and most definitely looks and feels like its budget (it's one of the most ugly, washed-out jungle movies I've ever seen), but it occasionally rises past that limitation and pulls off some moody stuff. The scenes on the boat at night at the beginning in particular were legitimately creepy, especially when the freighter goes past and hits them. Some of the shots of the zombies coming out of the water or the crazy stuntman zombie walking on the ocean floor are rather striking. Peter Cushing and John Carradine are fun to see, even if it's clear that they were just kinda hired guns who just showed up for a couple days and split. It's also fun seeing Brooke Adams before she was in anything legit. I liked the story in her interview about how her and the wardrobe lady sabotaged the scripted nudity by wearing bright clothes in the scenes around it (which were filmed first) so there was no way to film a nude scene without destroying continuity. :P

It's the best nazi zombie movie I've seen, but that's like saying Chairman of the Board is the best Carrot Top movie I've seen! Zombie Lake was bad, bad, bad. Haha.
You thought Shock Waves was boring? Geez. It's a favorite of mine, from WOR-TV, back in my teen years in NYC. Lots of fun, atmosphere and creepy Nazombies.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #1071
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
You thought Shock Waves was boring? Geez. It's a favorite of mine, from WOR-TV, back in my teen years in NYC. Lots of fun, atmosphere and creepy Nazombies.
Totally agree on points. I guess that people prefer when zombies lunch on humans the entire movie...I much prefet the creepy atmosphere in this movie .
Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #1072
Power Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

I'm fine with slow, atmospheric low budget horror movies and I'm fine with zombies that just grab people, I just didn't like how amateur hour sections of this movie felt. A lot of the attacks are really repetitive and the plot just sorta lurches from point A to point B without bothering with some of the details. Much of the zombie footage was shot after the rest of the movie and wasn't subject to the same time constraints as the stuff with Cushing/Carradine, and it shows - that stuff is clearly much better filmed. I guess the director was learning how to make a movie as he went and pretty much had it down by the time he did all the zombie stuff.

One complaint I keep seeing in reviews that I didn't think was fair, though, are how a lot of people single out how
[Show spoiler]some zombies die when their goggles get pulled off, and others don't. The only zombie you see alive with no goggles is at night, and all the ones that die are in the daylight, so I figured it was something to do with getting sun in their eyes!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #1073

Sep 2012

Never found a lot to like in SHOCK WAVES, I saw it in the late 70's and was not overly impressed, but it is worth a look for fans of Carradine & Cushing, and Brooke wears a mean bikini. Revisiting it again recently was a chore, not helped by the lousy source used for the BD. The second half of the film drags on interminably. The opening and initial set up are nice & creepy but the screenplay is goes nowhere after the 40 min point.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors